main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Hunter and the Outcast

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zyxo, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyxo

Zyxo Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    Ok, this is my fanfic based some five years before Episode I. All original characters.

Chapter 1

Nar Shadaa is a horrible place. A good place to go to get lost and she knew it. That's why she was here; she couldn't stand any more bounty hunters after her. Ceaseless prosecution wherever she went, all because she carried a lightsaber. She was glad there were places like this in the galaxy. Places so alive with the force, yet so dead to it. Places where she could hide from the Empire. She had lived peacefully in the refugee sector for nearly a year. But that was about to change.

A tall, hooded figure with a white robe covering him making it impossible to tell even what race he was, walked past the doors into the refugee sector. He knew that she was nearby, and that soon his hunt would be over. He walked to the center of the grounds, right in front of the fire the refugees had going.

"I'm looking for a new arrival. She should have gotten here about a year ago," the hooded man questioned the apparent leader of the group, Fessuh.

"Why do you want to know?" Fessuh answered.

"Very well. I'll find her on my own." The hooded figure stalked off towards the Northeast corner. The cargo doors salvaged from a ship like the rest of the 'apartment' doors were shut. He reached into his cloak, "Ah. Here she is." He raised his voice, "Open up I need to speak with you."

She sensed that whoever was outside meant to harm her. She went to a cleft to the side of the door control panel where she wouldn't be seen. She readied her lightsaber, "Ok. Come in." With that she opened the door.

'The hunt is over. Let the chase begin.' The man thought. His hand shot from his cloak, and a small grey object flung to the back of the house. The Jedi jumped out just in time as the thermal detonator went off. When she regained her composure, he was upon her.

He held her a full two feet of the ground by her neck, his left hand restraining her right. The Jedi attempted to force push him away, but he held fast. She knew she was running out of options. She mustered all her might, and kicked him in the groin.

He dropped her to the ground and backed up a few steps. "You're fast for a trandoshan," the Jedi said as she stood up.

The trandoshan took off his cloak and cast it aside, "I was hoping you would notice." He was clad in a white gi with silver trimmings. He was as tall as they come, rust red in color. He had three sharp head ridges, and a wide, masculine jaw. "Just in case you're wondering, I didn't drop you because of the kick. I just like a challenge." He drew the scythe blade that was sheathed on his back and flipped it. He fell into a defensive stance, his left hand ready behind the blade.

The Jedi drew her viridian saber, "I'm surprised you didn't kill me right then, any trandoshan I've met would have." With that comment, he was upon her. She could barely parry the strike. The trandoshan let the blade slide past the saber, and thrust it at her behind it. The Jedi ducked, and slashed at his legs. The trandoshan did a series of quick back flips and landed a good distance away.

"Before we continue, I must be certain of your identity. You are the Jedi sentinel Rumiko, are you not?"

Her eyes narrowed, "I am no longer a Jedi. And would you care to introduce yourself?" She didn't really care, she just needed to buy time to study his stance and review his technique.

"Of course, how rude of me. The name's Zyxosskorz Zoxx, call me Zyxo. I'm a bounty hunter, among other things. I must say, nothing looks quite as exquisite in a trophy room as a lightsaber." He again charged.

Rumiko, despite her training and speed, barely saw it coming. She could only step back. Luckily, it was enough to save her life. Zyxo had sliced upward, and had she not dodge, would have cleaved her in half. Rumiko did not go unscathed, however. Her clothing was sliced in the middle, and a thin red line could be seen. She saw Zyxo was vulnerable after that last attack, and thrust with her lightsaber.

Zyxo held his left arm in the path of the

2. Zyxo

Zyxo Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    Second installment. Enjoy.

Rumiko slept fitfully. She tossed and turned constantly. Her cold sweat drenched her clothes, the resulting cold making her shiver. She awoke with a start to find herself on the floor. She quickly regained full consciousness and took stock of her surroundings. She was in a small room with smooth surfaces and well lit compared to the Refugee Sector. Then she caught sight of Zyxo.
    "You're finally up. I was worried that I had seriously hurt you." Zyxo was sitting on a chair near the only door in the room. He had his left leg over his right, and his arms were crossed.
    'What the heck? I cut his left arm off!' Rumiko gaped. "Wait, since when were you worried about me? You're a bounty hunter, and I've got a bounty on my head. Shouldn?t you be trying to kill me? And how did you get your arm back?"
    Zyxo held his left hand out in front of him and inspected it, "I'm a trandoshan and a teras kasi master, among other things. Trandoshans can regenerate lost limbs, and my meditative powers amplify that ability quite nicely." He folded his arms again, "Don't worry. I'm not out to kill you. The bounty is on you alive and in good health. I kill you, and I lose the bounty. And, might I add, it isn't exactly lucrative to lose such a large bounty."
    "Is it lucrative to lose a bounty of any amount?" she shot back at Zyxo.
    "No, I suppose not." Zyxo took a bundle out of his cloak, "You were sweating heavily. I took the liberty of getting you some fresh clothes."
    'You've got to be kidding me. First he's out for me, and then he gets me fresh clothes. What does he want?' Rumiko took the clothes. "Fine then. But I'm not undressing while you're in here."
    Zyxo rose and strode to the door, "I figured as much. I'll wait outside until you're done. Don't think about escaping, I'm guarding the only way out." With that, Zyxo left the room and closed the door.
    'Might as well...' Rumiko dressed as quickly as possible, disliking the idea of being without clothes in a strange place for any amount of time. When she had finished, Zyxo opened the door. Rumiko yelled, "What the hell? Ever hear of knocking?"
    Zyxo closed the door and sat down again, "I knew you were done."
    Rumiko glared at him, "And how the hell did you know that I was done?"
    "Infrared vision. I can see through walls."
    Rumiko couldn't help but blush, "Wait, you were watching me this whole time?"
    Zyxo slouched in his chair, "It's infrared, and there are never any details. Besides, why would I want to peep on a human? Why would I want to peep at all? You've seen me fight. I could just go kill a Rancor, go to Dosha, and mate if I wanted to. And no, it's not that you're not attractive, I'm sure you are. I'm just not into humans."
    Rumiko sat down and began to meditate, "Fine, whatever. Just leave me alone until I can go."
    Zyxo walked over to Rumiko, "Mind if I join you? Meditating, I mean. It's been a while since I've meditated with someone."
    "Fine. Just don't think too loud."
    "Rumiko."
    "What?" Rumiko replied, her voice thick with irritation.
    "The reason I'm still here is because I was hired to do a job. I always see to it that my contracts are completed fully."
    "What of it?"
    "Once I deliver you to who these thugs call 'The Master' and leave, my job will be completed."
    "I see. You're asking me to hire you to rescue me."
    "Not exactly how I would put it, but yes."
    "How much."
    The door opened, and a weequays thug stuck his head in, "The master will see the Jedi now." He promptly left.
    Zyxo rose, "Let's go." He headed towards the door.
    "Fine. You're hired."
    Zyxo stopped, his back facing Rumiko. "OK. Once I reach my ship, my contract will have been fulfilled. I'll come for you then."
    ?Make it quick, I?d rather not see what your little friend has in store for me.? Rumiko grimaced.
    ?Let?s go then.? Zyxo and Rumiko left the room and entered a hallway, the walls and lighting much like the room they were just in. ?Follow me.? They began to walk, and they didn?t see a single soul their entire trip. There were no doors, no windows. The onl

3. Zyxo

Zyxo Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    Either people are not reading this, or I just plain suck. I'd also like a beta tester, if anybody's interested just pm me.

Zyxo drew his scythe blade with his right hand and his saber with his left, and then charged at his brother. Usuvi picked up his lightsaber from the pedestal behind him and ignited the red blade, then waited. Zyxo brought his blades down with the force of a hatred of simmering for years. Usuvi deftly blocked the attack, holding the Sith weapon horizontally, his hands on his left side. Usuvi pushed upwards, knocking Zyxo?s weapons away and then lowered his hands. Zyxo quickly recovered, and brought his scythe blade down to cut Usuvi?s hands and his saber to the left to cut Usuvi?s throat.

Usuvi ducked and pulled his lightsaber close to his body, then swept sideways at his brother?s midriff. His lightsaber cut into the meat of Zyxo?s side, and would?ve cut through his spine and cut him in two, but Zyxo was able to stop the lightsaber by blocking it with his saber. He forced the lightsaber out of his body, and his wound began to bleed. It seeped into his gi, and caused his lower right to become the rust-red color of his blood.

Zyxo performed a quick back flip, allowing both himself and his brother to recover, ?I won?t let you get away, Usuvi!? Zyxo held his left hand to his side; saber still clutched, and bared his gritted teeth. A trickle of blood ran down his chin from the corner of his mouth.

Usuvi just smirked at Zyxo?s statement. He threw off his cloak, revealing synth-leather black pants and no shirt. Many scars adorned his scaly skin; one of the more noticeable was a long, thin scar along his left eye. There was another lightsaber at the bottom of his black bandolier, which was slung across his right shoulder. Rumiko, having gotten up by now, recognized it. It was her viridian lightsaber. She also knew that if Usuvi were to use to lightsabers, Zyxo wouldn?t stand a chance. Rumiko summoned the lightsaber with the Force to her hand, and then activated the blade. She brought it close to her body in a Soresu stance, ?I shall not let you harm him, or anyone ever again. You are a menace, Usuvi, and I shall stop you.?

Usuvi smiled a smile that almost made him look warm and caring, almost. ?My young apprentice, I don?t think you should underestimate the power of the Dark Side,? Usuvi said. Usuvi?s smile turned to a sneer, ?And if you do, then I must show it to you.?

Zyxo couldn?t stand any more of Usuvi?s idle chatter, ?WE END THIS NOW!? Zyxo let out a wordless shout and charged Usuvi. Blinded by his rage, Zyxo was no match for Usuvi. Quick, fluid motions to either side deflected all of Zyxo?s attacks, and Usuvi grinned like a wolf about to get a meal.

Rumiko charged into the fray to help Zyxo, but she was worse off. Each time Usuvi blocked, Rumiko was knocked back. His Trandoshan strength easily overpowered Rumiko, and she was not much of a help. All of a sudden, there was a blinding flash and a loud explosion. Rumiko felt herself being pulled, away from the fight.

?Sorry about that, I needed a distraction. I?ve got a ship nearby, we can escape aboard it.? Rumiko realized that Zyxo had provided a means to escape. She was grateful, even if her vision hadn?t returned and her ears were ringing. She?d never met anybody as powerful in the force as Usuvi, and it scared her to think of the threat that he represented. Rumiko was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn?t realized that they?d reached Zyxo?s ship. It was a SoroSuub Luxury Yacht, and why a bounty hunter would use one of those was beyond her. Zyxo opened the door and flung Rumiko in rather bodily and rushed to the cockpit.

?What the hell was that for!?? Rumiko complained loudly.

?Pick a planet.?

?Uh, Corellia.?

?Tatooine it is.?

The yacht lurched into the sky, and sped into space. Scyk fighter wings were swarming, patrolling the area for Rumiko and Zyxo. Of course, they didn?t suspect a luxury yacht to harbor a Jedi and a bounty hunter, and Zyxo soon had them in hyper

4. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    posting so i can come back and finish.

5. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Lookin' good dude.
    First of all:

?Pick a planet.?

?Uh, Corellia.?

?Tatooine it is.?

- Ha! Awesome. I'm quite familiar with this exchange. :cool:
    Also, good thinking adding the spaces between paragraphs in your most recent post. These boards don't recognize tabs, so you have to do that sort of thing to show the breaks and make it read easier.

Second of all: I can say from experience that these boards do not equal lots of feedback. Especially if you're new. New story posts tend to drop like murcury in molten steel, and it's hard to catch 'em except out of sheer luck or prior knowledge of the author's existance.
    Whiiiiich brings me to the next point - come on over to the Fan Fiction Resource forum and hang out. You'll meet some cool people, and cool people will meet you...and consequently read your story.
    Oh, and I notice you've got some OCs. Well, may I suggest stopping by OC Writers Anonymous? I may. :D You'll find people of like mind there, as well as some nifty challenges to keep the brain a-whirling.

Hope I was helpful. Keep it up

6. Zyxo

Zyxo Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    I'm currently re-writing the 4th chapter and 3rd chapter. I'll make the 4th my priority, since it's the next piece. Once done with that, I'll finish re-writing the 3rd chapter and start on the 5th. One last thing. The 4th chapter is considerably larger than previous chapters.

7. Zyxo

Zyxo Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    @Yodimus: I'm sorry to say that it might end up on the cutting room floor when all is said and done. Doesn't quite fit what I had in mind for Zyxo's character.

@ShadowofLures: It's been five months. I think it's safe to assume you're not posting.

Ok, I'm just putting the finishing touches on the re-write of chapter 3. Hopefully it'll go a bit smoother than the pre-edit. I've made some additions to the plot, enriched the story a bit. You can expect a couple things: Zyxo still gets cut up, Usuvi's still a bad-ass, and Rumiko gets just a bit mad. Anyway, back to the writing. I hope you enjoy The Hunter and the Outcast Chapter 3: Redux.

8. Zyxo

Zyxo Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    Ok, sorry about the late posting. I ran into some writer's block, and monday was really busy... And today, the site's doing some weird stuff and isn't cooperating. But here it is.

Zyxo drew his scythe blade with his right hand and his vibro-sword with his left. They rested in his had for a moment, as he tested the leverage. The lightsaber on the pedestal slowly floated to Usuvi?s hand. He ignited it with the classic twirls of a lightsaber duelist.

?You were always one for theatrics,? Zyxo said in a low, deliberate voice. He took a step forward, his claws making a heavy ?clack? on the hard floor. His next words were a series of hisses. His brother replied in kind. They were speaking in Dosh, excluding Rumiko from the conversation. Zyxo took another step, another ?clack?.

Zyxo?s vibro-sword hummed to life. His pace quickened. ?We end this Usuvi, now.? Zyxo?s low voice was filled with anger. His quick pace broke into a run, as he dashed towards Usuvi.

Their blades slammed into each other, locked together. The brothers were face-to-face and again exchanging incomprehensible words in Dosh. Usuvi sneered and broke the lock, pushing Zyxo back. His attacks were elegant; twirls intermingled with jabs and slices, and kept Zyxo on edge. Usuvi brought his saber wide, and slammed Zyxo with the Force. He was knocked back several yards, his claws scraping against the ground.

?I always was the strongest,? Usuvi said as he began to take off his cloak. Rumiko noticed a cut across Zyxo?s chest. She knew it wasn?t good. ?And I always will be the strongest, big brother.? Usuvi pronounced the title as an insult. Zyxo was a very skilled individual, but he was no match for a Sith of Usuvi?s magnitude. Usuvi draped his black cloak over the pedestal. He was wearing black synth-leather pants and no shirt. A myriad of scars marred his chest. Rumiko couldn?t imagine how he could?ve gotten them, but she was sure that she didn?t want to know. ?You wanted to end this brother? The only end is yours. I?ll kill you like I did your little pet. Although, I?ll not play with you like I did her.?

Zyxo growled. ?Usuvi,? he spat through gritted teeth, emphasizing each syllable. He was so angry that it was hard to speak. He had his teeth clenched, and held his weapons in an iron grip.

?Oh, yes. I forgot, you liked to call her your ?mate?. How silly of me,? Usuvi taunted. He was enjoying every minute of torturing the emotional responses from his brother. Rumiko, on the other hand, wasn?t. She knew what Usuvi implied, and it struck a chord.

The lightsaber flew from Usuvi?s belt and landed in Rumiko?s hands. She ignited the large Sith weapon, and glanced at the red blade with aversion. She was unused to such a large lightsaber, but it would have to do. ?Usuvi? It is clear to me that you are a man of no morals. I may no longer be a Jedi, but I do know when I have to fight for my beliefs.? Rumiko could hardly believe her own words. Before Zyxo had kidnapped her, she probably wouldn?t have cared. ?Perhaps this place has changed me for the worse?? Rumiko thought.

Usuvi barked out laughter. ?So come then, my young apprentice. Witness the power of the Dark Side. Nice speech, by the way.?

Rumiko edged up to Zyxo?s side, ?Can we beat him?? she asked quietly.

?No. But I?ll be damned if I don?t go down fighting.?

The two didn?t have time for any more talk. Usuvi descended upon them, his lightsaber a blur. Rumiko did very little to help Zyxo; Usuvi was stronger and faster than her. The unwieldy Sith lightsaber threw her style off balance, and any attempt to go on the offensive failed.

Usuvi laughed again. He sent a wave of Force power which knocked Rumiko into the wall. His saber slipped along Zyxo?s blade, inside his guard. Zyxo saw it, but could do little to stop him. Usuvi?s lightsaber thrust through Zyxo?s chest, his blood coming off as vapor from the red blade. For a long second Usuvi held his blade in his brother?s chest. Then he swept it out to the s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.