main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hunter's Path: Production Update

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by shalto, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shalto

shalto Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2007
    Hi, guys.

Wanted to give you a heads up on how my production is coming along.

For those of you who dont know, I'm working on a serious fan film called The Hunter's Path. Its set between Ep.1 and Ep.2. The central hero is a Padawan named Toran Shalto who has left the Jedi Order for reasons unknown. He goes out into the Outer Rim and becomes a bounty hunter chasing down criminials and fugitives. Things get more complicated when he encounters a nihilistic dark side cult operating in secret with the hero's childhood friend from his Jedi days working with them.

Last week I went to Megacon in Orlando, Fl. Made some good contacts as far as props and costumes.

I also made contact with someone who is president of the Space Coast chapter of the Florida Motion Picture and Telvision Assoc. The FMTA used to have a much bigger membership before both Universal and Disney pulled their production facilites out of Florida.They're now trying to rebuild things here in central and northern Florida. I attended one of their monthly meetings last night. Found alot of people not unlike myself. People who want to get their projects going and willing to pull their resources together to make it happen. Very supportive.

Made contact with a makeup artist, a freelance camera person and a guy currently producing an online soap opera series called Palmetto. The FMTA president also knows someone who works at a production studio that makes comercials and community programing for the cable company I currently work for. When my 6 month probation is up, hopefully I can tranfer there and have access to more faculities (Fingers crossed).

Almost finished with the script. Been difficult to find time to write with my wife being pregnant with our second child. Money is going to be tight for a while until she's is able to go back to work so I don't know when we can actually start filming.

My plan right now is to concentrate on shooting just the opening scene which takes place in a bar where Shalto takes down a bunch of renegade pirates. One thing I've learned on this board is everthing is really just talk until you can actually show something. Its at that point when people start to think you're for real.

Anyway, I'm going to start posting updates like this from time to time to keep you guys abreast of whats going on.

Shalto

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow! That souns like a great story!

Good luck! can't wait for it to come out. :)

3. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    That sounds like my biography.

Fla is a bit of a distance for me, but if you need pre- or post-production help let me know.

Good luck.

4. shalto

shalto Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2007
    Cara

Thanks for the kind words. My goal with the story is try and do some things that haven't been done in most other fan films while still keeping it true to Star Wars. I also want to inject some the zazz of the original trilogy that I felt was lacking a little in the prequels.

Drewjmore

Thanks for offering. For the moment I'm doing most of the preproduction stuff local. But I will need just about all the help I can get when I get to post. So Ill keep you in mind.

As I said above, Im working on shooting the opening scene as sort of a calling card. I'll post it here when it shot and edited togther.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.