main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the hurricane

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Soler-Vector, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    i hope everybodey is doing allright with this storm comming.sorry i missed the anamay con yesterday.i hope all of yall are doing well.im hoping that we want get the blunt of the storm.tack care all.

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just want all of you to know that here in CA we are thinking of all of you. Hang in there. Our thoughts are with you all.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I saw that many people headed for lafayette when the evacuation was ordered.. did Lafayette sustain much damage.. my godparents live there.. but to be honest I have not talked to them in years.. they were so prominent in my life.. and then I got a divorce.. when your catholic.. divorce is not the best thing in the world..I have been too embarrassed for years to speak much with them.. and to be honest I do not know if they are still living.. they were already in their seventies when they became my godparents and I was in my twenties.. that was umm.. 17 years ago.. and I divorced four years ago and have not spoken to them in three years. I do hope they are okay. They're name is Kilchrist.. I also had friends there called the Broussards.. and another family.. but for some reason now I can't remember their name.. Of course it will come to me eventually..

in any case.. my prayers are with all of southern Lousiana and the rest of the gulf coast as well.. [face_praying]

4. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Thank you, all of you, for your prayers. They are much appreciated. I know of some folks named Kilcrist and Broussard. Too many, to even begin to say I know your relatives.

Lafayette, was a pleasent day during the landfall of the hurricane. Since we are approx. 2.5 hrs. N.W. of the Crescent City, we didn't hardly feel the bad weather at all. A little sprinkle here and there, and dark skys. Not even a wind surge. Lucky us. Our Cajundome has become a safe haven for many people direly affected by the aftermath of the storm and today I noticed double the traffic in many areas of the city. I know this is a sign of the overflow into our community of all the displaced former homeowners. It's a very sad thing and my heart is with them all. If I see of some way to organize assistance for them here online, I will surely place a post in these and other threads.

Also, today, I noticed many many passenger busses and utility workers heading East on I-10. I can only imagine these are shuttles to the Astro-dome to relocate the folks stranded in the Superdome in New Orleans and efforts to restore electricity in that city and the many outlaying areas. This I gathered in conjunction with the news reports I've seen on T.V.

Thanks again for you concern and May the Force be with us all. :)

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We're still praying for you all, all the way out here in CA. :)

6. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    does anybody know if bakh-tor-01 (Zane) is okay? he is from the slidel area. i hope he is alright.

7. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I happen to know that bakh-tor is ok.

THANKS for all of the prayers and thought. As for me i've been at wok since last sunday morning i lost my house monday. but me and my wife are ok she is staying with her perants i am maintaining the hospital network here so we can track what patients have gone through here. we are tha closest hospital to the whole city of NO to have not closed or refused anyone help. our entire staff from the ceo down through the volunteers have been working around the clock since monday and thing are just now begining to slow a bit. we just got outside conectivity via phone and internet about an hour ago. i've got to get back to work now. what ya'll are seeing on the news about how bad the damage is is accurate if not understated. will say more later

8. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    Glade to hear everbody is doing well.Il proble go downt to the shelter thay have by my house and donate my time and close to the shelter.I f we can all pitch in help a littel I think we can realey make a defrence.

9. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    glad to hear you and your wife are okay bakh-tor. sorry about your house though.

10. MaraBaccaWindu

MaraBaccaWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Our prayers our with all of you, from here in North Carolina. [-o|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.