The Hutt Fan Club - with move scum than villainy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth, Sep 7, 2012.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Following the Move, the Hutts have made it across that turbulent void with their unholy horde of slaves, ready and willing to beg, cheat and steal whatever you hold dear!
    Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  2. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    There is nothing unholy about the beings in the Service of glorious Hutts. For their services shall all be rewarded and is serving the Hutts not a reward of its own anyway? :D
  3. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Finally the Hutt Lord has arrived.:p

Did you have a chance to read Scourge?
  4. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, rather fun novel. :)
  5. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    I want gelatin Hutts at my birthday party now.
  6. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    You could properly make ones yourself, just a lot of effort. ;)
  7. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    [IMG]
    Aw, is this thread trying to escape into obscurity? Maybe it's because of the typo in the title, Sinre. [face_shame_on_you]

I liked Scourge a lot. Quite a different portrayal of the Hutts than we've usually gotten. Now if only Jason Fry would write a novel that details the ancient Hutt-Xim war.
  8. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    You might want to check out Tempest Feud just for the background on the others Hutts that show up in the book, as we get a few other „norm“ breakers and of course if you haven’t read it, the very fun Insider story Hunting the Gorach staring Parella the Hunter. :) Though I have been thinking of doing a Hutt story retrospective with stuff like the Jabba Tape, Art of the Deal and other works where Hutts have central roles and analyze their personality and deeds.
  9. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I read that Insider story on Parella, quite good. You should also do Han Solo trilogy in that retrospective. Lots of great insight into their society there, and plenty of different personalities.
  10. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    I know there is a huge numbers of stuff where Hutts show up very prominently, the thing that just scares me away is that I would have to reread Planet of Twlight and Darksabre. :(
    Last edited by Gorefiend, Oct 25, 2012
  11. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Yeah, those are not great entries in Hutt lore. :p
  12. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    Planet of Twlight isn’t that bad in that regard (from what I recall at least), Darksabre Durga on the other hand is an incompetent hack comparable to Daala.
  13. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Now I'll have to add Planet of Twilight to books to scrounge up to review the hutts. Although Scourge has to be one of my more favorite renditions I must admit that the Bounty Hunter Wars with the Shell Hutts was an interesting read as well. Although the Hutts didn't get nearly enough face or development in it.
    Robimus and Gorefiend like this.
  14. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    Shell Hutts seem to be the strange relatives the other Hutts don’t want to talk about, though who can blame them, no one likes to mention stuff from that book series. :D
  15. Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji

VIP
    star 4
    The H'uuns from Boba Fett: Death, Lies, and Treachery are the other weird relatives that were left by the wayside, other than a couple mentions in the Jason Fry verse. I quite liked those comics.
  16. Cosmo Viking Jedi Youngling

I think there are some Jabba comics out there waiting for me to read them. What were they called?
  17. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Cosmo Viking Jedi Youngling

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth