main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Hype Backlash Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GuardianSoulBlade, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    Okay, I have to discuss this: The Hype Backlash, internet backdraft. What will the disappointed fans do when they walk out of this movie and it isn't what they wanted? Will they do a YouTube Review/Rant? Will they take down the reaction video where they cried during the trailer?

I totally see RLM style reviews from people who are disappointed by this movie. What do you think the response will be by people who are disappointed by whatever turn the story decides to take?

2. KyloAwakens

KyloAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    It will run the whole spectrum of blogs, you tube, etc

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    there will be plenty of people who hate just to be different. it makes them feel more important not be a "sheep" to corporations.

4. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    This will happen as it's impossible for everyone to like the movie. If the number of disappointed fans is a minority then they will most likely be ignored. Of course it is usually the minority that has the loudest (and most annoying) voice.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  5. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    Better known as Hipsters

6. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    these people have always been around, Hipster are just a popular group of these people who are not supposed to like being a part of a group.

thejeditraitor, Chris_Fives and TK327 like this.
  7. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I'm just going to say this to get it out of the way: I'm anticipating that this movie will be very well received but I, personally, probably won't like it.

I say this for several reasons:

1. I actively dislike a lot of JJ Abrams' previous films. And he's using many similar crewmembers for TFA (he has the same cinematographer for instance)
    2. It seems like there is going to be a good deal of Han Solo in this film. I have never loved Han. He is my least favorite of all the main Saga characters. I like him somewhat in ANH, but after that I feel he's a real drag, especially on Leia's story (just my personal opinion there).
    3. I don't like that so much of the OT's iconography has been appropriated for TFA. It reduces the OT's uniqueness IMO. And if I want to watch a movie that looks like the OT, I will watch the OT. Why would I settle for an imitation when I can have the original thing?

With that being said, I'm going to see this film with my little brother (he's under 15). And if he likes it, I'll be satisfied. As far as I'm concerned, TFA and the subsequent films are primarily for his generation. They can be enjoyed by everyone, of course, but I feel like they'll really belong to him.

MagnaZero likes this.
  8. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    As we all know, no one disliked The Phantom Menace until they were told to by the Red Letter Media review in 2012. So we can look forward to (hopefully) thirteen years of universal adulation for The Force Awakens.

9. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014

Ha you made a funny! Seriously though I actually liked all prequels more after staying awake for all the RLM reviews. Basically agreed with some points disagreed with others and found new ways of looking at things.

TX-20 likes this.
  10. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    LMAO. There are people who still buy the myth that the PT was disliked only because of "too much hype"? Will people drop the excuses please?

TX-20 likes this.
  11. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    All i know is GL is so awesome he shows up to premier in jeans and flannel!! Anyone else would have been thrown out
    [​IMG]

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well if this movie disappoints in little ways it may not be so bad. But if there are some glaring issues then the PT will look a LOT better which is certainly a win for Lucas in the long run.

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I will leave this for now but lets not turn this into a PT vs OT vs ST fight. If it even hints at it, I will lock this up faster then stores closing early on Christmas day.

14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I dunno. The Hipsteriest person I know likes Star Wars in a Hipster kind of way. He wears his vintage-style Star Wars T under his crinkle shirt, and has small imperial cog guages he wears in in his ears. Not all the time, but sometimes.

15. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Then get ready to lock, because you know that's exactly what this will become. Count on it.

thejeditraitor and kevmp like this.
  16. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Did they interview him on the red carpet?

17. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I know right? It's almost like ignoring the elephant in the room doesn't help or something.

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000

Fine I'll lock it but don't say I didn't give you guys a chance to have a nice conversation for once. Sheesh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.