main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hyperdrive Generator is Gone

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DarthYosef, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    Has anyone tried a deck using this objective? I'm rather new to the game, but was looking to make a deck around it, but the local TD himself said it sucks. What do you think?

2. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I am planning on making a deck of this sort when I get my few boxes this week. I am going to try to play test it, and I will let you know how it works out.

3. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    I made a deck out of it but I was missing a few cards so it was not complete.

Good:
    The ability to get Qui-Gon of the EpisodeI jedi out in the very beginning

Force draining for 1 force and then your opponent lossing another from Watto's junk yard

(after being flipped)
    Retrieving 1 force after every battle destiny draw

Republic characters power+1 and forfiet+2

The Queens ship acting like a 2 force drain

Bad:
    takes a minimum of 5 turns to be flipped or it may never happen

(for entire game)
    No rebel character or star ships

(before being flipped)
    Maul immune to attrition

No deployment of planets for you

All in all I would say this I a very good objective for EpisodeI closed environment, and pretty good for normal play.

4. Hunter_Rose

Hunter_Rose Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2001
    This is an incredible objective for E1 only environment.
    I think it's pretty good for regular constructed, but it'll take a little more imagination to get right.

Either way, once you flip it, you'll be fine. You fight and retrieve ANg have the option to retrieve into hand. You get direct damage as in "Profit", but don't have the drawback of trying to keep Han alive and it gives you some flexibility to compete with the DS senate (if you really wanted too, I don't advise it).

WYS decks get a long fine with their character restrictions, you have a much better pool to draw from! In regular constructed you lose use of Han Leia Obi & Luke, BUT you still have Tamtel (Lando), Chewie (ANH he's a unique Alien) and all your vehicles (read: speeders and skiffs). I don't think you have a prayer in space with this objective.... Coruscant didn't give us much, but you have the base for a strong ground deck all the same.

5. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    You can do ok in space, with deploy +1 it's easier to keep the imps managable, and then you just swarm the hell out of them with naboo defense fighters.

6. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Another reason why this Objective is cool in the closed environment is the faxct that both it and the Watto objective start with watto's junkyard. Why is this good? Because as the LS player, your's converts the DS junkyard, meaning no deploying Watto from reserve deck (handy if the opponent wasn't packing many Wattos) and if Watto is at the junkyard, you aren't prevented from drawing destiny.

It also encourages the use of swenators giving you a little resistance to the Senate objective.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    After the tourney last weekend, I played my No Money deck against a THGG deck for fun. I couldn't get Watto out for the entire game, but I still won by 10.

8. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    How many Wattos did you have in your No Money deck? I have 4.

9. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I have 3, but if I owned another one I would put it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.