main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The "I Am So Bored That I Would Take The Time To Type This" Thread...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Managed to get a few things ordered for my zombie blaster, too. w00t.

2. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    We spent the morning raking out the last of the leaves and then I strapped on my super high powered leaf blower (has shoulder straps and everything) and had fun blowing all the leaves off my property. :D I love that thing!

Then we put up our outdoor Christmas lights. Then we decided we didn't have enough so we went to Walmart and bought $150 more lights. But WOW it looks great!

I would post a pic but I left my camera at my parents yesterday. bummer.

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Egads! $150??? On lights? Insanity!

Unless...the house does like that house in the "lights" thread. :eek:

Still working on my papers. Urf.

I don't rake my leaves. I mowed my lawn a couple weeks ago one last time for the year and mulched what was on the ground and the leaves disappeared. The second wave...meh...I'll mow them next Spring. According to my overly knowledgable neighbor who knows everything, if you leave your leaves, the moisture from the winter leeches out the nutrients in the dead leaves and it fertilizes your lawn. So far, everyone on this end of the block believes that, so I figured I'd be a follower and not rake my leaves, too. [face_laugh]

4. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    The important word in Kaety's post is "more"!

You that's how much she spent in lights today...[face_money_eyes]

5. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    HELLO!!! THat was a FAMILY purchase. We are so pathetically driven by our children...

but yeah, [face_money_eyes] -that smiley applies nicely.

6. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I'm being nagged into cleaning the fridge that died this summer (with chicken inside it)...it now has a LAYER of mold in it. I think it waved at zoom.

[face_skull]

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    HA HA HA HAA HAAA...

*deep breath*

HAAAAAA HHAAAAA HAAAA HA HA HA HAAAA.

*deep breath*

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Had it been cleaned earlier this summer after I had dealt with it, it would have been an easy task.

I just peeked outside to see how she was doing and she was wrestling with a tentacle that was trying to pull her into the fridge.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Almost done with my homework. Yay.

Got the garage cleaned today, too. Now I can get a 220v wired in the garage for the old oven and I'll be able to heat-set the moly resin on the guns once everything's in and Pat's back in town.

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Done with homework. Yay. 6.5 hours before they were all due, instead of only 30 minutes. LOL.

10. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So my question is...if the fridge is dead why are cleaning it??? [face_thinking]

Or are you just being nice to the trash man?

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I really doubt they would have hauled it away in the condition it was in. They haul stuff like that away for free, because they fix it up and it goes to Goodwill or something like that.

The condition it was in was really really really horrible. Unspeakably horrible, in a way that can not be said, even. :D

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hm. Now I'm wandering around trying to find something to do. My options are pretty much work...or...homework. [face_frustrated]

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hardly bored...but avoiding homework yet again.

Have 1/2 a paper left to write, and I don't want to do the research to finish it.

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Why is it that when you're downloading something... in this case a television series, season two downloads before season one, and season four before three??

I've been waiting to get season 3 because there was a stupid cliff hanger [face_plain] Now season 4 has downloaded and is taunting me. Yet I am strong, I will wait until 3 has downloaded!!! It's at 94%.... *impatient*

15. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Taking a break from organizing my children's room. What a job!!! Too many toys!!!

16. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I went hunting for a new icon today and found this Star Tours one. I actually made it through it once without [face_sick] . Usually those rides make me [face_sick] . Anybody else ride Star Tours?

17. Jmonty

Jmonty Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2005
    where did every one go?

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    We're still here. I think we're all just buried under a really busy holiday/post-holiday blitz.

19. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm stll here but I have been so busy!

I sold a bunch of stuff on e-bay this week and now I have to ship it all today. That is the not so fun part...but the $$$ is nice! [face_money_eyes]

20. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So, our cat needed to go to the vet. She hadn't been in years. But she is not just any cat- she is our 20 pound, round, growling, hissing machine. She hates everyone but D_N_T. So he gets her into the pet carrier and quickly puts her in the back of the van. I am expecting to hear horrible sounds all the way to the vet but what I hear is silence. Not a peep or hiss. So now I am worried that she had a little kitty coronary on the way there (she is almost 11 years old). But no, she is just glaring at me when I lift the carrier out of the van. Shooting death rays at me is really more like it.

I dropped her off and wished the vet and her helpers good luck. When I went back to get her that evening the vet says..."Well, I would describe her as an extremely hostile jumbo marshmallow that seems to be in really great health even though she is 10 years old. We were going to take a blood sample to check for diabetes but she would have none of that so we just put a towel over her cage and I think she has calmed down." But what the vets eyes were saying was please get this giant hellion out of my office and don't ever bring her back...

So now our kitty is home and she is just glaring at us all.

21. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    No... She glaring at you for poking pills in her mouth.

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Avoiding homework again. Last official day of class, and the last day to turn assignments in.

I still have 2 left. LOL.

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Still avoiding homework, but paper is 1/2 done now.

Got bored, figured that since Joel is coming to live with us and he'll be mooching bandwidth that we needed an 8-port switch. And some CAT6 cabling. So we'll have the cable modem, router, 8-port switch, and enough cabling to put a connection in every room. :D

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm bored.

Cuz yesterday I worked on Java homework from noon to 3am, then I took 2 technical exams for work right after that, and...and...

Now I have nothing to do.

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Abraham Lincoln
    Robot
    Pineapple
    Sleeping turtle
    Tuna fish
    Book