So CO The "I Am So Bored That I Would Take The Time To Type This" Thread...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Jun 30, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    I hear ya there. It's almost like if there are no new posts-I am apathetic about posting. Kinda stupid. Apathy.

Well, here I am posting. [face_plain]
  2. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    MY THOUSANDTH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    five...one...three....ooooooo

yah, baby. :p
  4. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    This screen name: 5,732
    My former screen name: 5,227
    Total, not counting socks: 10,959

w00t.
  5. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    :p On the galaxies forum...over 4k. Here, less than 2k. 1496 maybe?

6. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    oh man, I've only got 924.

I must be pathetic poster.[face_plain]
  7. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    i think i got like 200 of my posts from back in the day when i had no post limit for like 5 days or soemthing like that
  8. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    i would just like to point out that Chinese food plus beer equals really wierd burps.
  9. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    A&W rootbeer is the BEST tasting thing in the world to me right now. I can't get enough of it.

=P~
  10. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    whe you are at A&W its better from the machine instead of from the beer tap thingy, cause its more fizzy and tastes better.
  11. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    Mmmm...reminds me of my childhood when the A&W waitress would rollerskate to the car with our tray full of rootbeer floats in those nice glass mugs with the handles and the tray would clip to the car window.

MMMmmmm tastey!

(Ooops-wrong thread)

12. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Personally, I prefer it out of the beer tap thingie. It's smoother, fresher, and you can forget how much you're drinking and get stomache cramps from drinking too much.
  13. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    I found this on mugglenet and for some reason it cracked me up...

Possessed by the devil: Hitler, Stalin... and Potter
    Pope Benedict XVI's senior exorcist claims the Harry Potter books contain innumerable positive references to magic, "the satanic art."

"Behind Harry Potter hides the signature of the king of the darkness, the devil," he told Vatican Radio. And according to the Daily Mail newspaper in London, he added that the books attempt to make a false distinction between black and white magic, when in fact, the distinction "does not exist, because magic is always a turn to the devil."

All I have to say is... he's an exorcist - what did you expect him to say?

Edit: here is the link to the actual article
  14. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It is!

Sorcery is listed under Bible Code #435 as being an illegal practice that should be shunned.

Now, one then needs to ask -- why is Rachel's family not allowed to watch the Smurfs and He-Man, but it's perfectly OK to read Harry Potter?

Any suggestions?

I have one -- it's a trick from Satan!
  15. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Actually we aren't allowed to read HP either...it's the referring to male witches as "Warlocks" that my parents don't like. Fortunately 2 of us have left the house and can now watch whatever we want, and one of the remaining ones has a car, so he can get out as well. Poor Cannon.

:p
  16. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Psh. You get squeamish at the faintest drop of blood, and Joel curls up into the fetal position and cries himself to sleep if it's anything other than rated PG.
  17. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    thats what happens to over protected children.
  18. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    That's rl blood, punk. I love watching DOOM and gore done in a humorous way. I can't take suspense mainly because I don't like to jump. The second time I watch a movie I watch more of it. :p

19. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bored. More homework. Bored. 2 more weeks after this one. But still bored. Bored bored bored.
  20. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    One ring to rule them all
    One ring to find them
    One ring to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

I have to say that is truly exciting to open up Fellowship of the Ring and read the beginning to your daughter. Lindsey finished The Hobbit yesterday and is so excited to read the other three. I wish I had read them when I was 8 years old. I imagine that they are so much more exciting and colorful to the imagination of a child. I never read much until I married D_N_T and now I am such an avid reader that I have to force myself not to start a book when I have stuff in real life that needs to be done because I will read the book. I feel like I really missed out on all those years where I could have experienced amazing stories. I guess that is why I am so happy to talk to Lindsey about the stories as she reads them.

So far she has read The Chronicles of Narnia, all the Harry Potters, The Warriors series (which is a great series about cat clans), Eragon and Eldest, and the entire Belgaraid and Mallorean series by David Eddings, plus all the random one-sie two-sie books in between.

Oh, to be a child again...and read more books.

[face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin]
  21. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I never read much as a kid, either. If I did, it was comics.

I do agree, though -- it would've been nice to start earlier. Growing up with H.P. Lovecraft, William Gibson, and Philip K. Dick would have helped to guide my mostly directionless childhood.
  22. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    The same night I posted that about LOTR I was up at 3am with Lindsey having nightmares. I thought, oh crap, it's too scary for her. Well, I got her back to sleep and then the next morning I asked her what her scary dreams were about and she said in all seriousness, "Velma from Scooby Doo got blown up and then the Powerpuff girls got blown up too."

She seems to have no problem with Nazgul, but blow up a cartoon character and she cries real tears.

[face_pumpkin]
  23. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I grew up reading all the time, the only problem with that (besides never doing anything like cleaning because you are reading) is when you get older, it gets harder to find books you like and haven't read. When we lived overseas I had to walk past the library every day after school, so I usually turned in a book and got a new one every day. They had a limit on the number of books you could check out, so I became a librarian there and would read more that way. ;)

Even now I feel like I'm not really getting my worth out of the library unless I check out at least 6 books. Unfortunately I don't have time to read that many, or at least I shouldn't have time, but I make the time. I also read all the books at the same time usually, unless one is really good, then I'll finish that one before I start the next one. I think right now I'm reading 4 books, which are scattered all over the house. :D
  24. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I read all the time when I was younger too. Anything and everything. In fact, I believe they tested me once and I got such a high rating I no longer was forbidden to check out books from the young adult section at school way back in kindergarten.

Reading is great :D
  25. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    I just found out that there are 2 Big Cat rescue facilities within a 1-1/2 drive from our house! There is the Prairie Wind Wild Animal rescue ranch in Agate (just west of Limon) where they have lions, tigers, and bears (with new cubs right now). However, they don't give tours but definitely welcome "day-volunteers". So if you want to go and plant some flowers or rake some leaves you can spend a day on the ranch with them.

The other place is the Big Cats of Serenity Springs in Calhan. They have over 100 animals - lions, ligers, tigers, leopards, cougars, lynxs, and other exotic wild cats. They offer tours on the weekends if you send them an e-mail and reserve a spot. $10 adults, $7.50 kids. It looks pretty neat. Our girls love Tigers and Leopards so I think we might head out there soon.

http://bigcatsofserenitysprings.org
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby