main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The "I Am So Bored That I Would Take The Time To Type This" Thread...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Yes, Alexander was completely about his exploration of alternate experiences. The whole movie had no point but that. It was so irritating! oh, and they all had irish accents...or russian...

You put a hole in the wall huh? Once when I was visiting my parents I came home and Thom had ripped all the walls in the family room apart, literally. He had this really huge smile on his face as he said, "Guess what, we're remodeling!"

2. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    But I am glad he did! He took our room from being black paneling with black/brown striped wallpaper with only 2 hideous spanish hanging lights with only one lightbulb each to a really nice cream/blue room with a chair rail and nice moldings and 10 lightbulbs!

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    LOL. Well, unless Rachel's read this board, she doesn't know there's a hole in the wall yet. :D

4. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We just finished Champions of Norrath. It is fun playing with 3 people. Now we have to go increase our levels before we start the next game...

5. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Today was one of those days where things just don't go right for me...

My poor little Elven Ranger kept dying right before the big bad guy was killed so she didn't get any experience... the usual rude neighbors... got my contact stuck in my eye and had to use the little suction cup thing to get it out...I forgot the ice cream on the counter for about an hour and found this nice chocolate chip soup... and the stupid indeylew27 guy on e-bay didn't pay me the $84 he owes me and now he isn't even a registered user so I can't give him a negative rating - I so badly want to give him a negative rating!!!

But DNT was very sweet to me today and made me a delicious BLT sandwich!

6. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    "Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell

(it was on my calendar)

7. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So what exactly does that mean? IS Colin Powell one with the Force? Is he the most optimistic Jedi ever so that he can multiply his force powers?...and to what end? Evil world domination???

8. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    "The most important trip you take in life is meeting people half way." - Henry Boyle

(also from my calendar)

9. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So when I meet some creepy stanger half way down the hallway in the mall...is that really the most important trip in my life???

And who is Henry Boyle anyway?

[these enlighted takes on postive quotes were brought to you by Persnickety Pearl]

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    This is a drive by Tucsonian posting in your forums :p

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    *givs self shot of penicillin*

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    *gives self shot of penicillin without typos*

13. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So I went to an "Usborne Book Party" last night... (I really like their books!) and D_N_T asks me if a true friend would really invite her friends over and SELL them stuff? Is it something in the female psyche that makes this selling of things ok? I don't think less of her for inviting me...in fact I usually enjoy those parties(at least the book ones and the Pampered Chef ones because the food is good - I hate make-up parties!) Is it a ritual or something? Why do we do it?

Anyway, today I feel compelled to host an Usborne party and I can think of at least 23 women I would invite...IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME??? Why am I contemplating this? Was the food drugged last night? ARGHHHHH.....[face_hypnotized]

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Rachel and Patty (works with Thom and Rachel) used to do that all the time. They'd each host a scrapbooking party and sell and procure all sorts of scrapbooking stuff to each other and their victims.

No...procure isn't the right word...

Stockpile.

The number of boxes of stuff in our junk room increases each time Rachel's at a party. It's like, she's expecting some sort of global catastrophe where all the world's knick knacks and pretty paper will be destroyed, and once the dust settles...

She's going to make a scrapbook about it.

[face_devil] :p

15. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    and that scrapbook will RAWK!!!

Actually it's a female compulsion to get 'good deals' and it seems like these parties do it. I've actually thought about becoming a pampered chef salesperson, but I don't know a ton of people that would have parties all the time...Mostly I'd do it for the discount on their products. I love their stuff.

[face_love]

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I've been thinking about selling...

Maybe us guys should try that. A video game/golf/computer part/music/gun party where we could all get great deals on stuff, and to boost attendance we could hire an "exotic dancer." Orders totalling $100 would get a free 5 minute lap dance, $200 would get a 10 minute lap dance, and $300+ would get you into the "champagne room."

I think I'm on to something here...

I'm sure Pat and his dad would be down with it. It'd definitely boost sales.

And come to think of it, I think all the big companies in Japan do something similar...

17. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Ok, so I have been about to add something to this thread three or four times now and every time I start to...I see the above thread and just don't know how to follow that!?! So since no one else had a snappy comeback for Zoom's idea of the perfect guy selling things party...I guess I'll have to do it!

o_O... :rolleyes:... [face_thinking]... [face_money_eyes] ... :eek:... [face_shame_on_you]............ [face_beatup]

Yep, that about sums it up.

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    ROFL.

*ducks*

:D

19. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
  20. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Tonight I went to a Creative Memories crop and only spent $.50!!! :D

I still want to have that book party...they are awesome books for kids...[goes to find D_N_T so he can talk some sense into me]

21. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I need to get on the town council so I can push through an ordinance to prohibit "parties" held for commercial purposes within private residences. :p

22. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm so bored someone trying to sell me something crappy and overpriced would be refreshing, exciting and new.

23. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    EUREKA- I think she's got it!!! Mistress has hit the nail on the head! We women are so bored that we are willing to buy overpriced and sometimes crappy stuff just to get out and be with our friends!

Men...they golf...

24. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm brillllliant!! Ewww Golf. That sounds even boring-er.

Now, Frisbeee Golf is fun. I like it a lot...there is nature but also frisbeeez

25. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Which is more violent? Frisbee golf or regular golf? 'Cause I'd have to pick the more violent one.

:p