The I Can't Believe We Are Actually Doing This Thread...

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, it's been talked about, joked about, wished about and cheered about...first announced at ComicCon, then mentioned in back-water whispers and longing..but...

After everything that happened last year, health difficulties this year, encouragement and bribes from friends far away, and just going basically, "if we are ever going to do this, then now is the time..."

Rooms are booked, Tickets are bought and Kenobi and Siri are going to Celebration Europe!!!

*sits back and continues to go..OMG I can't believe we are actually doing this. And starts to wonder WHEN are we actually going to get to WDW*:oops:

So, anybody else want to jump the pond?
  2. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'd love to go...but I think next year will be busy enough.
    You MUST bring back a zillion pictures though!
  3. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, it was posted in RL that tickets went on sale today..hit the link and that was sorta the..well lets do it push.

Was just looking at all the copies of the recipts..and thinking...

OMG I need a churro now...AND something "shiny"
  4. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Hold your Churro up to the sun and watch the sun shine on it and make the sugar sparkle.

Enjoy London, go to Madame Thussauds Wax Museum and get a preview of how good the new Hollywood one will be!
  5. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Still going to CIV too?

6. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Um...WDW? How about like earlier in the week of CIV, when the "Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure: Seven Seas Lagoon" event is being held at the Contemporary Resort... Check out the DelivEars events site.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/WDWPirate07.html

No new information yet. Strange that I knew about it before you, Kim, since you're such a Pirates and D-phile and all... :/ But then after all, "I'm Mr. Cotton's Parrot..." ;)

Also, you gonna audition for the pirates reality show that's currently casting?

MCP
    Caryn B.

7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Absolutely!!!!That is a must! Will probably be working a large part of it as well.

As for Celebration Europe,wWe had talked about going overseas for a while, and then when it was announced at ComicCon it was...ya know now would be the time.

I guess it was just looking over things and figuring if there's a will, there's a way. Plus will give me a chance to meet up with newly discovered relatives in Scotland. My clan has welcomed me with open arms and wants me to "come home" anyways. :D
  8. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4

"WOT DID THAT PARROT SAY?" LOL

No, with the recent surgeries and general life, haven't been checking the PotC and Disney boards as often. OMG that looks like so much fun!!! AND since I already have CIV time approved, don't want to "rock the boat" so to speak. :D

But as for the pirates reality show...at the DLR? That could be a blast. One of my friends is one of the stormtroopers at the Jedi Academy and I know he loves every minute of it. (Cute show and fun to watch him and the others in it). But, depending up on this really busy summer (also not sure if the doc is going to schedule more reconstruction surgery this summer or not)...

Dang you Parrot..ok I gotta go check it out! [face_laugh]

9. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Where aboots in Scotland? Me lived there for the better part of 12 years.
  10. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Whew. For a minute, there, I thought you were bailing on CIV in favor of the European con and I was really REALLY bummed. Whew.

But, that's SO FREAKING COOL. I'd love to go, but I am low on both vacation and funds from New Zealand. I'd need a serious big-time sugar daddy to get to Europe. LOL! So, no. Not going. Wouldn't know what to do with a sugar daddy if I had one, anyway.

What a wonderful time you'll have, though!

And be sure not to book working ALL of CIV. Otherwise, there'll be no time to just run around and be silly!

(I should sign up to help out here and there, though...)

That's great news...you'll have SUCH a good time. I'm a little envious, but mostly just really glad for you!

- Kai
  11. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hah, the Parrot fears not your puny wrath.

No, the reality show is a "TV" show, like all the other crap out there (except Project Runway, which is pure gold). This oughta be something.

And of course you know about the Black Pearl being at Castaway Cay, so heck, you can just add a Disney Cruise to your burden -- you can (from what I hear from people who went), take watercraft or even snorkel practically right up to it (can't board though -- at least they couldn't...) But they said it was awesome.

Besides, I pooped on a spot just for you.

MCP
  12. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Crieff and Perth. What is really great is that one of my closest mates at work (she comes in and subs for my Aide at times) is from Aberdeen. She and I got talking when I found out all the geneology research may dad had (and found his papers after we lost him), told her about it. We went over it together and descovered we are Clan!!!! Small ole world, isnnt? So she gave me an official "Welcome to the family!" And keeps telling me, "You need to go home!!!"

So where did you live aboots over there?

13. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm part of the Buchannan clan.

I lived on the West Coast in Ayrshire. Cold and Wet but not as cold and wet as Aberdeen.
  14. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Interesting -- Crieff, hometown of Ewan McGregor. And Perth Repertory is where he studied. Makes a parrot go hmmmm....

MCP
  15. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    AboutaSith Quote: I'm part of the Buchannan clan.

I lived on the West Coast in Ayrshire. Cold and Wet but not as cold and wet as Aberdeen.

Jackie has told me stories about Aberdeen. Cold and Wet pretty much seem to describe it. Course, will probably be heading there as well, as her Mum has insisted. (And since that is who the relation is through, I guess I better obey. LOL)

Hmmm, Ayrshire, going to go have to check that one out. All I know is that from the pics she's showed me of the three places... I'm not gonna wanna come back. LOL
  16. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    Please just pack me in a large duffel bag and take me with you Master K! I want to see Scotland and Ireland again! I don't eat much and I'm good comic relief on long car rides.
  17. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *looks at duffel bag* Sure we can manage that! NP!!![:D]
  18. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Go to

Edinburgh
    New Lanark
    Inverness
    Loch Lomond
  19. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4