main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The "I NEED ANSWERS!" Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey guys,
    So this thread is for all those little nitpick questions about the Star Wars universe that need answering, or that I'm curious about. The one on my mind right now is:

After the Death Star blows up and Vader is floating helplessly through space, does he get picked up by someone? Does his hyperdrive fail to function? Who picks him up?

If anyone knows the answers to these things, I'd greatly appreciate the answers!!! Thanks!

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I will answer almost all those questions with a link.

Located here
    Battle of Yavin
    To determine the location of the Rebel base, Vader allowed Luke and Han Solo to rescue Princess Leia and escape with the technical readouts of the Death Star. During the Battle of Yavin, he piloted a distinctive TIE Advanced x1 fighter and almost prevented Luke's attack on the Death Star from being successful. Vader sensed that the young pilot in his sights was Force-sensitive, putting into motion a series of events that culminated in the death of the Empire. When the Millennium Falcon shot down one of his two support craft, the other panicked and veered into Vader's fighter, sending him spinning away from the battle station.
    Crash landing on Vaal

Darth Vader in his damaged TIE Advanced x1, before crashing on Vaal.
    Vader limped to Vaal, where he abandoned his wrecked TIE Advanced and journeyed to the Imperial communications outpost there. Boarding a Lambda-class shuttle, he left for Coruscant, where he expected to dispatch a team to recover the TIE and meet with the Emperor.[28] Instead, Sate Pestage ordered Vader to join Captain Sodarra in retrieving the fighter. [source?]
    Aftermath
    Vader's team recovered the fighter, but only made it as far as the Bright Jewel system. The system was ruled by Governor-General Nox Vellam, one of Vader's many rivals in the Empire. Vellam nearly destroyed the Sith Lord, but Captain Sodarra rescued the remains of the fighter and Vader's comatose body. He fled the system in a corvette, planning to take Vader to an Imperial base on Shador. Their flight was interrupted when Vellam's flagship caught up with them. Sodarra's ship was destroyed, but he and Vader were rescued by a most unlikely person?Han Solo, who was chasing Alfreda Goot, a bounty hunter who was holding Leia Organa captive on Tatooine. Vader's life was placed in jeopardy once again when Han and Chewbacca decided to place a bomb on the crate, but after Solo discovered that Goot was one of Vader's agents, he had no choice but to travel to Tatooine and exchange Vader's life for Leia's.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks. Can "wookiepedia" be trusted as a source? Was this from a line of comics or a novel?

Either way, I think I have what I need then.

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    OK, so it's a comic. Does anyone here own Star Wars: Empire #14: The Savage Heart?

Thanks.

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    So I ordered this online. I'm interested to read it!

6. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Just heard that a new nine book series "Fate of the Jedi" is in the works. Pobably covers the downfall of the jedi prior to the legacy series. the bad news and answer this "Why did Del Ray choose to do the entire series in hardcover?" Not really a question just venting....

BTW Kasey, what is that comic about?

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    It involves Vader's crash landing on Vaal and what happens to him after the DS blows up. It shipped today so I'm anxious to read it.

8. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    sounds cool

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, got the comic today and it's really not that good. But now I know some more about what happened right after the DS blew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.