main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Ice Storm - Post TPM/Pre AOTC AU Qui/Obi Update 8/17 If anyone cares...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Renton Kenobi, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    The Ice Storm- Post TPM Obi/Qui Angst AU
    By Renton Kenobi

Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by George Lucas, and "The Ice Storm," is composed by Danny Elfman for the film Edward Scissorhands.

Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan parted ways after The Phantom Menace on not the best of terms. Then after a horrible accident Obi-Wan (when Obi-Wan is 35, so it's around the time Episode Two is in the actual time-frame) realizes how much he really does need his Master.

Author's Note: Now I don't expect a lot of people to reply to this since I've been a terrible person and have not posted for months. But I swear on my Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures that I will see this story through to the end!

Rating: PG-13 (For Violence, Angst)

In all the commotion, Qui-Gon couldn't understand the full details of what happened.

He had been with his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker at the time the call came in. On the distant planet of Malastare, genocide and murder had made the planet explode in a war that had been raging for almost a year The government of Malastare had called on the Chancellor to send Jedi to their war torn planet to try and save the innocent lives that were being taken everyday. The Jedi responded in force and sent their finest knights to protect Malastare from the threat of it's invaders. Many Jedi had died to save Malastare, none of them Qui-Gon knew.

That was until five hours ago...

Mace Windu had come pounding on Anakin and his living quarters and the walls shook as if they were to cave in. Qui-Gon quickly made it to the door and saw a very grave Master Windu.

"Mace, what is it?"

"I figured you'd want to know right away, though you aren't as involved with him as you once was." Mace said earnestly as he ran a hand over his bald scalp, "but there has been an incident on Malastare involving Obi-Wan and his young apprentice Kamileh."

Qui-Gon paled at the comment, he had heard that his former apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi was sent to Malastare. Even though Obi-Wan and himself never said more than a few words in passing; Qui-Gon always kept tabs on what his former padawan was doing. "Is he dead?"

"No, but from what I got on the transmission, he would be better off." Mace said frankly. "Come, you can be there for him when he arrives."....

Qui-Gon never thought that he would see Obi-Wan's death. Being the elder, he always assumed (and wanted) to go first, it was only fair. But as Qui-Gon watched the healers help Obi-Wan grasp onto what life force he had left, he wondered if he would indeed die.

Looking down the hallway Qui-Gon saw Anakin trying to console Kamileh the best he could. Apparently Kamileh had been separated from Obi-Wan so she wasn't in as bad of shape as he was, all she had on her was a couple of scrapes. As Anakin held Kamileh to her he looked at his Master with a look that he hadn't seen in Anakin for many years; it was the look of hopelessness. Anakin was quick to assume things and probably thought Obi-Wan would indeed not make it.

But Anakin doesn't know Obi-Wan like I do...

2. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Wow! You've got a really interesting premise. I can't wait to see where you're going with the storyline.

Thanks for posting this. :D

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    That is one of the greatest starters I've ever read! Seriously! No. Let me re-phrase that. That is the the greatest starter I've ever read! Keep going!

4. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
  5. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Good start. Qui-Gon doen't give up on Obi-Wan no matter how bad their relation is.
    Questions: As this takes part arount AotC time, has Qui a better handel on Anakin and did Doku stay in the order cause Qui still lives? Is therefore the situation at Malastare Palpys plan B for killing of Jedi instead of Genosis or will Genosis still happen?

I know, too many questions. But they showing my interess, right?

Vadey

6. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. :) There will be an update tonight or either tomorow. :) Thank you for your support. :)

7. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    A few more hours passed before Qui-Gon, Anakin and Kamileh heard anything from the healers. As the master healer came out of the surgery wing Qui-Gon jumped up to greet the woman before she could get to Kamileh. "How is he Master Healer? I would like to have an idea of Master Kenobi's condition so I can better prepare myself when myself and Padawan Kamileh are allowed to see him."

"I'm afraid Master Kenobi has suffered severe trauma both physically and mentally," the healer sighed as she wiped her gloved hands off on her scrubs. "When Kenobi was brought in he was somewhat aware of his surroundings but didn't talk. His awareness however didn't last long because he slipped into a coma, we were concerned of brain hemorrhaging but that wasn't the case. We did a scan on his brain and there is signs of trauma but we won't know for sure until he wakes."

Qui-Gon paled drastically at the healer's description of Obi-Wan's condition. *Oh Obi-Wan, what hell did you go through?* Composing himself Qui-Gon asked for more details, "and how is he physically?"

"Not much better I'm afraid." The healer said sadly. "There were intensive chemical burns that went from his lower right torso up across his face. By the time Kenobi reached us infection was trying to set in so he will probably have some substantial scarring. The other healers and myself are also concerned of his ability to walk."

"His spine was broken?"

"We are not exactly sure," Qui-Gon wanted to scream *well what exactly do you know?* "Kenobi is just far to unstable to try and turn him to get a clear picture of his back. The visible reason that we are concerned for his ability to walk is deep lacerations to his left leg that when healed may prevent him from properly being able to use it." Qui-Gon nodded and looked back to Anakin who was still holding on to Kamileh who had shed the last of her tears but still held onto Anakin. "Maybe I should tell her?"

"Master Qui-Gon with all due respect," the healer put a hand on his arm. "I think it may be best if I told her, you haven't had to deal with female emotions since your first apprentice." Even in the situation that they were in, Qui-Gon had it in him to smile. "And besides you know how many times a month Master Kenobi winds up in the healers, Kamileh knows me well enough to trust me."

The healer walked over to where Anakin and Kamileh sat, she squatted down in front of the 17 year old apprentice. As Qui-Gon watched the healer tell Kamileh of her Master's condition he could tell why Kamileh was one of the top apprentices in her age group. The healer had told her every little detail of her master's horrific condition and Kamileh maintained the composure usually only seen in the most revered council members. Obi-Wan had done extremely well in teaching her how to control her emotions, but not to totally block them. Kamileh said something to the healer and she nodded, looking down the hallway to Qui-Gon the healer motioned him to come over. "Kamileh wishes to see Obi-Wan, and I honestly can not find any reason to not let her. It may help him greatly if she was there, Kamileh is a familiar force that Obi-Wan could grab onto."

Qui-Gon nodded, his green eyes locked with Kamileh's deep brown ones. "Do you wish for Anakin and I to accompany you?" Kamileh took a deep breath and wiped a stray tear from her caramel colored skin.

"Master Jinn I know you and my Master were not on speaking terms," she said softly, concerned that she might upset him. "But from your actions tonight I know you care enough for him; so yes I would like it if you and Anakin came in with me. If not for my Master, for me, because I don't know how I'll be when I see him."

As they entered the room Qui-Gon's eyes first focused on the extensive burns that covered most of Obi-Wan's right side. They didn't have much of Obi-Wan covered, because they wanted to allow his wounds air, because if he had a normal gown on he would be in agony. The healers had put bandages over his eyes, Qui-Gon assumed it was for the burns. Qui-Gon also saw that his le

8. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
  9. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So Bant is the 'Master Healer' Qui was talking to, or did I get it wrong?
    Obi is in the best hands he could be in then.

10. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    No, you got it right.

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Poor Obi! Burns! OUCH!!!!!!!AND POOR QUI AND KAMILEAH (sp?)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT SAD POST!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP OBI!!!!!!!!!

12. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
  13. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Upping with interest.

14. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Okay, you have my attention....so where's the rest of it?

15. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Like Red Rose Knight, you have definitely got my attention. Are you going to continue this story? I sincerely hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.