The Icon Process is Complete! Please Post Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Yodave27 Jedi Master

star 4
    DAMN!!!

Now I gotta go pick a new icon.

Just to clarify, why was that white clonetrooper just deleted? I mean sorry if I sound bitter, but I had that icon for months, only to find out one day it's been deleted. And now it represents my feelings in the matter....

[face_plain]

EDIT: And I didn't know you guys were just getting rid of icons, I thought you were replacing them. Now iif you had updated the icon, fine I'd like that. It's not as if you put another one like it up, you just deleted it. It was original, yet it will get replaced with the 100th Obi Wan or the 1000th Padme/Natalie icon. It's a shame.
  2. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    It was voted to be deleted by many people. The icon replacement/deletion/addition process (Phase III) was determined by votes.

Check out the new ones, you may find a worthy replacement. ;)
  3. Yodave27 Jedi Master

star 4
    Check out the new ones, you may find a worthy replacement.

Not to get off-topic here, but I won't. And so now because something isn't popular, we just get rid of it? Because 1000 Padme/Amidala/Natalie icons aren't enough? Look I know what you're doing is hard work G-S and I appreciate what you do for the boards, but this is bush. There I've said my peace, may my icon RIP.
  4. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will get right on crying you a river. 8-}
  5. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

This icon has been designated Too Sexy To Touch.

Thanks.

7. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    The icon server doesn't like change. 8-}

To everyone, I am about to completely re-configure the JC icon categories.

This is the current Icon category listing:

Aliens
    Bounty Hunters
    Central Characters
    Central Characters OT
    Characters EU
    Droids
    Empire
    Fan Force
    Games
    Humor
    Jedi
    Logos
    Miscellaneous
    Planets-Locations
    Podracers
    Real People
    Rebellion
    Senate
    Ships
    Sith

Here is what it will look like by this upcoming weekend:

The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    Expanded Universe
    Miscellaneous
    Fan Force

*** "Logos" and "Humor" and "Real People" will be integrated into Miscellaenous

*** "Rebellion", "Sith", "Central Characters", "Aliens", "Bounty Hunters", "Droids", "Podracers", "Jedi", "Empire", "Ships" & "Senate" will all be integrate into the associated movie category

This will be done to make finding an icon easier. Want a certain certain Queen Amidala? You will look under the Phantom Menace category. Want the Padmé in the arena icon? It will be in the Attack of the Clones category. And so on. I have the full backing of the MS on this motion, so it shall be done. No errors should appear with your icons. I am only switching the locations of where they are seen on the "Choose Your Icon" display.

I want to keep you guys aware of changes relating to icons. :)
  8. FlamingSword Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That sounds like an organized reorganization, Grilled-Sarlacc. Good job. If it doesn't work, fix it :p

Monstera-Deliciosa, a handful of icons were replaced with what were considered better icons by a large number of icon makers. You can't go back to the old icon, although you can always choose another one.
  9. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Huh? If you are asking how to get it to look right, then you have to refresh a couple of times or clear out your cache. Your computer downloads the image once and saves it, so that it can make it appear faster, which is the cache. Since G-S named the new files to be identical to the old ones, your computer might think it already has the right file. If you refresh, it should force it to redownload and get the right one.

If you are asking about his above post, then he is just talking about organizing them differently. You don't have to reselect your icon.
  10. FlamingSword Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Grilled-Sarlacc, wouldn't it be clearer to put logos under their respective categories?
  11. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, the EUCNN logo doesn't really belong in a movie or fanforce catagory. And the imperial and rebel logos apply to 3 films, but it would be a pain to list them in each one. Instead of dividing them up, putting them all in one spot makes sense... to me, at least. :)
  12. FlamingSword Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    d'oh, Gay-LenKenobi, you're right.

So much for having one intelligent thought today. I'd better take some more cold medicine :p
  13. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hehe, I have my moments. Not many. ;)
  14. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe you could change 'Logos' to 'Symbols'

And put Humor and Real People into Miscellaenous
  15. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are only 16 of them. I wouldn't think that needs a catagory of it's own.
  16. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    But they would be easier to find.
  17. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Someone deleted my Aura Sing crossed guns icon. I don't want it replaced, I don't want a better version uploaded. I want my icon re-uploaded. Please, I am known by that icon, it was my favourite icon, please upload it again.
  18. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss. Why are we removing the icons at all, can't we just add new ones?
  19. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I believe too many icons do something to the server or something like that. Not sure.

It was voted out by dozens of the IM's (Icon-Makers), so find another one. I think it was replaced. Use that one.

...and a Jango
  20. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    S-O-K: It was not deleted. It remains here on page 3.

...and a Jango
  21. Bail-AnBillies Jedi Master

star 4
    I want my original Max Rebo icon! And I am making it known everywhere! :( :_| :mad:
  22. FlamingSword Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The icon makers voted to have several icons replaced with what they thought were better versions. Your Max Rebo icon was one of them.

Sorry about that
  23. Bail-AnBillies Jedi Master

star 4
    Nooo! :( Thanks for telling me though FlamingSword.... Off for a search for a new icon then....

EDIT: as you can tell from my new icon... I'm mad at this change! Very mad :mad:
  24. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    EDIT: as you can tell from my new icon... I'm mad at this change! Very mad :mad:

Well, there's nothing you can do to change it. It was voted out by the IM's. Your old one was deleted and changed to a new one. Sorry. You'll either have to use that one, or simply find another.

...and a Jango
  25. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually, I believe it's still there. Stupid me ;)
    Check Here and you will find it.

...and a Jango
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.