main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Icon Process is Complete! Please Post Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Correct. And remember, only 2 more days until this thread is locked and the voting begins...

2. P_Naberrie

P_Naberrie Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 1999
    Alright guess its come time for me to post my 10 icons...I put up a different page on my site for this...so here is the link. Good luck to all you mods you all have a hard task ahead of you, lots of great icons out there to pick from.

3. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    OK, I'll post some favorites of my own icons.

My favorites

BTW there are some awesome icons posted in this thread! Great job everyone. :)

4. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I agree with you, Lil_Lisa. I was hinting at the same thing, but not really addressing it fully.

Even if we do a series of 10 submissions, are we going to do 20 to get through all of Lil_Lisa's? From what I have seen of the submissions, there are some makers who have made a LOT more than just 10 great icons. But this way, we limit how many they can submit. Even if we do 5 of these submissions over the next few months, that is still 150 of Lil_Lisa's that never even get looked at, and that isn't including the number she'll make as the time passes.

I understand that the mods involved have RLs. I do too. But I managed to find the time between 40hrs a week at work and caring for my young niece every weekend to make these icons, which is a lot more time consuming than looking at them. And I'm sure plenty of the other makers have other obligations that they meet yet still find time to create 100+ icons.

It would be much easier to just pick 5 or 6 makers at a time and go through all of their pages, and then upload what you like from there, and then move on to another 5. That way, everything they have worked so hard on can been seen and considered, and it's in small enough doses for all of the voting mods to view all of the icons.

Atleast with a regular schedule, we wouldn't be left wondering if anyone is even looking at our icons or bugging the admin in charge about the next upload. It wouldn't be too time consuming to go through just a few pages, pick everything they like from that person, and if 2 or 3 other mods also picked the same one, it gets upped. There are only about 20 active makers at the moment, so it wouldn take just as long to finish everyone as it would to just get through 40 of everyone's icons with the current system.

Thats just my opinion and my thoughts on the matter. I don't really expect it to change. There is always someone who is unhappy with the system. People complained about Kadue, but at least he made a point to look at every single icon. Whatever you had to show, he looked at. It's going to take a long time to get through everyone's icons 10 at a time.

5. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Gay-LenKenobi, I agree with you. People like Lil_Lisa have a ton of great icons compared to say someone like me. I only started making JC icons in June and don't have nearly the amount she has.

I would like all of an icon maker's icons looked at. What some of the icon makers are saying are their favorites don't contain the ones that I think are their best. It's a great way of cutting down the work, but it's not perfect. Perhaps there is some other way.

it'll be great to see new icons though :)

6. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    IMPORTANT

I would like to replace my Very Fried Icon with Jar Jar Annoying

Sorry for the hassle! :(

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Uh hi, I only have one icon to submit, sorry. :(

It's Ken Palpatine, it's EU (Obviously). We don't have any for him, so I decided to make one. Even if it isn't picked, could some people drop me feedback via PM or however? It's my first one.

Ken Palpatine

EDIT: Put the icon on a page with JC BG Color for ease :)

8. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Obi_Wan_01 Gaming Icon's

Well, I only made Gaming Icons, since we GAMERZ don't have many.

Hope, some get uploaded...

9. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    You have to submit your 10 favourite Icons Obi_Wan_01, not the whole page! :p

10. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I hate to keep doing this, but...

Xie's Jedi Council Icons

Right now there's only 4, so I guess those are my favorites.

I don't think any of those are icons already.

Feedback through PM is welcome, since I'm still very new at icons.

11. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
  12. Jedi4Christ

Jedi4Christ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I hope it is not to late to re-submit my vote! I just made some more icons!!! :D

Here are my icons (no paticular order):

Obi-wan Kenobi Tattoine

Obi-wan Kenobi Smiling

Obi-wan Kenobi Cool - I think this is my favorite Obi-wan. ;)

Jango Fett with Blasters - Everybody seems to like this one!

Jar Jar Shocked!

Luke Skywalker Pilot

Darth Oz - Trying to make some Electricity

Darth Maul Hologram - If a mean look could kill you... this one would.

Old Ben

Darth Oz - Oh, looks like he has finally made some of that lightning/electricity stuff!

Thanks for letting me submit my icons/avatars, enjoy!! :D - There are lots of good submissions here!! Keep up the good work, guys!!! :)

In HIM,
    - Jedi

13. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    Agh stupid geocities. Just go to my page and look at the ones with asterixes.

14. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful icons, Raincloud and Jedi4Christ :D

Shinjo! :)

15. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
  16. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Those a great Oktobur :D

Shinjo!! :)

17. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Attention! Please read!

I have made a change in my selection, I now withdraw luke_sailbarge.gif and replace it with leia_door.gif, also I made a preview page where you can see what my icons will look like in use on the boasrds. My apologies to the those who had a icon-makeover on that page ;). It can also be accessed from the Favorites page.

:)

18. Red_Oktobur

Dec 7, 2001
    Those a great Oktobur

Lisa: Beautiful! I love the one you put on me :D

19. Jedi4Christ

May 27, 2002
    Oktobur, I got a kick out of the Darth Maul "Just do it" - Nice work, everybody.

I updated the links to some of mine... now the darth oz where I say he is about to make some electricity, it looks like he is pointing to you... like, "I want you..." creepy is it not??

The reason I made the Darth Ozs' is because of what Grilled -Sarlacc said, "I will say one thing as a suggestion to all. You don't have to do this, but take into consideration icons of creatures, people, etc. that we do not currently have any icons for. For example, do we have any Nexu icons? It's up to you. Just give us your best! - So, I tried to think up some icons we do not currently have! So, I am curious, what do you all think of the Darth Oz from "Duality"???

:D

In Christ,
    - Jedi

20. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    I believe we use to have several Duality icons (Including a Darth Oz). But they were taken down by request of the creator of Duality. I think there was a falling out or something, I think that's what I remember.

You have to go to the first Icon Submission Thread to see why they were taken down.

21. Jedi4Christ

May 27, 2002
    Must have been before my time... ;)

Well it was a nice thought anyway...

In Christ,
    - Jedi

22. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    Woo someone complemented my icons! YAY!
    *does happy dance*

23. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Attention! Is anyone interested in adding a Sebulba icon? Time...is...running...out!

24. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    OK. The floodgates are open wide! Anyone want to submit any more icons to be considered? 3.5 hours left...

25. Red_Oktobur

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, Grilled. My Just Do It icon from Geocities is wrong. Here;s the link to the right one: Just Do It

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.