main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The IDEA THREAD

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I did no such thing. I did not bash any idea, just pointed out that I have only been personally impressed with one . :)

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    No you didn't. You said you've been impressed with none.

Edit: then you sucked up to the mod.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Respect my creativity, kiwi.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It sounds like a DC comic.

6. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Either/or

I have not been impressed, save by one. However, for me , that doesn't mean any idea given is bad, just that none have really hit my personal fancy( though I will give points to the Pizza with bottomings)

I see a lot of pizza, ideas for resurrecting threads , ideas for threads, and con air 2(which I'm still waiting for the actual idea). All this is perfectly acceptable. Whether they are genuinely serious ideas or just people being asses is no fuss to me. Still, i waiting for an idea that will really impress me. So far JTS has been the only true player. If some of you consider this an attack on your idea of pizza, then come up with something to impress me.

I dare you...:)

I find it hard to believe that so few have never had an idea for World Peace, a movie, comic book, ending War, stopping terrorism, a piece of Art, etc.

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I'll even put forth my actual only genuine original idea I have. If you notice my ideas usually deal with pre-existing properties or characters.

A live action TV show I call..."ORDER AND CHAOS"

Order and Chaos, two forces of nature, take human form. Chaos, the form of a gunsligger dressed in black. Order, a beautiful blonde girl, in a pretty dress, and flowers in her hair. He's grim and she's all smiles. In most stories it's about the conflict between the two. Not in my story. In my story Order and Chaos are completely and deeply IN LOVE. A love that will never end. In the show the stories will very rarely be about them, in fact, probably in many of the episodes they'll only appear for a few minutes. Some episodes they'll have large parts, but not always. Instead the show will be centered around people who are effected by these forces of nature, as is all life. One question of the show will ask is whether order is the nature of things or whether Chaos is? I keep it ambiguous if whether or not they are boyfriend/girlfriend or Brother and Sister.In the end the point being that it doesn't matter to two cosmic beings.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Hey, that sounds pretty neat. Do you have a spec script we could read?

Coruscant likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Maybe a storyboard or something at least? An outline for the first season?

What's the setting? Is this the past or the future? Why would a cosmic being slig guns? Why are they in love? What are they like? Why do I care since they're hardly even in it? What is the conflict between the two if they're in love?

Why is it important if chaos or order is the nature of things? How will that be answered? You just said all life is affected by both. What other questions will the show ask that could possibly involve order and chaos?

Are they brother and sister or lovers? What do you mean in love? How will you show that they are "IN LOVE" if you're keeping the nature of their relationship ambiguous? If it doesn't matter to two cosmic beings why is that the most important part of the plot, since you've given that angle the most weight in your pitch?

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Nope. All in the head. One reason being that I've never been able to decide whether its set in the old west or a post apocalyptic world. Any image I have never deals with anything like present era, taking place modern cities, or what not.

I can give some scenes that pop in my head I guess.

In one thought/scene Order and Chaos are asleep on a grassy plain. Her arm over him. He awakens, a shiver running through him, he's cold. He looks down at her, she's beautiful, he slides his fingers through her hair. He lays back, picks her up, and puts her over him....Like a blanket. She opens her eyes, knowing immediatly what why she's on top of him the way she is. She leans up, screams, and tries to chock him. All the while he has the look on his face of "what? what I'd do wrong."

Just because they are in love doesn't mean they don't argue, or have moments where they don't get along. Sometimes these episodes having consequences for us little people. They never, of course, effect us directly in their human form, but that doesn't mean a fire all of a sudden won't start somewhere on earth destroying thousands of crops, or that where there was no life, life will be born. Where there is order there will always be chaos, and vise versa. Still, lots of time it's for humor.

One idea that alwasy stuck is that throughout the series we'll always be seeing one Galaxy about to collide with another. During the final arc of the series, Order and Chaos are seperated. A sorcerer has figered out a way to end Chaos on Earth, so that order will reign. He achieves his goal. Chaos is not destroyed, but the essence of his consciousness is sent away from Earth. Everything on Earth is now controled by order, everything. No chaos at all. Everything is perfect for a while. Utopia. As time goes on the consequenes of one force of nature not being present have dire consequences. This all happening while Chaos is working his way back to his love. Planet by Planet, and we see him as various forms. Kinda like Alan Moores last arc in Swamp Thing. The consequences of what the sorcerer did effecting the entire universe, since order is now trapped on one planet, chaos reigns supreme everywhere else. However, even with Chaos gone from Earth, Order will have to compensate for the lack of chaos in her own way, just as the rest of the galaxy will have to compensate for the lack of order. Finally Chaos returns to Earth, order is freed, the bad guys are destroyed.

The Series ends with Order and Chaos on a grassy plain. We see the two galaxies collide. Destruction,death, etc. Chaos awakens, he's cold. He looks over at order. She's beautiful. He picks her up and puts her over top of him...Like a blanket. She awakens. Screams and tries to choke him. As we pull back from it all we see the two colliding Galaxies have formed an entirely new Galaxy. Where there is Chaos,Order will follow.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Galaxies colliding and creating new galaxies takes billions of years. They're lying in a grassy plain for billions of years?

13. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Chaos being a gunslinger is just the idea that popped into my head, that's why it's hard for me to set a setting. I like Westerns, I like the concept of gunslingers, so it was pretty natural for me to percieve this character that way. Because of that the why's are hard to come by. This is probably why I see it more in a post apocalyptic landscape. That way it doesn't really matter why.

A lot of the series will boil down to the audience figering the answers by themselves. Not questions I'd dare answer. The concepts of order and chaos are debated quite a bit. Was there always order? was there Chaos? Robert E. Howard saw Barbarism as the natural order of things. For a lot of people, barbarism would be chaos. Civilization would be order. If they can be so easly confused and connected in that way, then why not have the two concepts, in this case human personifications, be lovers? That being said, that doesn't stop them from having conflicts. Conflicts that can effect the life around them. Human forms they are, human they are not. Concepts like life and death don't easly affect them, atleast not at the start. Where life is, nature will destroy it. Where life isn't, life can be born. Why would either really effect them? All that matters to them is each other, because there is no one like them you see. One second there was nothing, and then there was Order and Chaos. They were alone and therefore all they had was each other. Life and Death were just an effect of their being. They represent the two biggest forces of nature in all creation. They are too big. However, them becoming more human would play into the series.

What's important to the plot is that they are in love. It's the twist. One can cause destruction and other various forms of doom. The other can cause life and other various forms of order. Such concepts would put them at odds, which is the usual way of doing it. When I say it's ambiguous, I guess I'm saying that from the viewers point of view. They will call themselves brother and sister. However, they learn about kissing, and start kissing each other. Obviously that's going to confuse people on the brother and sister part. Love has elements of order and chaos to begin with. On the basic human level we will see these two love each other in different ways. For them, its just love. The audience deciding for themselves whether or not its sweet or creepy. Which would be used a lot of time for humor.

As for the caring of why they aren't in each episode? I'll make this short and just pull a card from SANDMAN. The stories were hardly ever about Sandman, they were about people and how he affected them. Similar idea here.

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    It's the idea. The galaxies aren't colliding in real time. Its pointing out the basic understanding of the concept of the series. In this instant, in order to end the series on a happy note, having Order come from Chaos. In this case both being the cause of creating something beautiful.

Also, this is an idea of mine, it's not like I spend the entire day thinking of all the ways to make it work. This is just how it comes to me.;)

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh, you've read Sandman. I didn't pick up on that at all.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    A rear facing camera on bicycles mounted beneath the seat that either by Bluetooth or usb feeds to a smartphone mounted on the handlebars. As well as being a rear view mirror, it records a loop of 10 mins in case of an accident from a vehicle from behind, and has your usual telemetric gps route and speed data. Someone's probably already invented it though.

DarthMane2 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    In a GI JOE mini we discover that Robert E. lee was also one of bodies dug up to be used in the DNA of serpentor. Denied by cobra commander. Cobra agents return to the facility to get some equipment, discovering the remains one of them, accidentally knocks the body into one of the vats(used for serpentor, and the resurrection of storm shadow), resurrecting Gen. Lee.

From there Lee becomes a GI JOE.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    You take that back.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I'm pretty sure the guys proudly defending human trafficking as fundamental right and "cornerstone" of their society would be on the bad guy team.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    It takes an imagination to make it work the other way. :)

Challenge jabba-wocky, how do you make Lee becoming a Joe make sense?

23. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    He is a spy working for Cobra until outed by Roadblock, who also defeats him.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You don't. It doesn't.

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    At a football game at the moment, but I'll show you how it's done when I get back home.

Also jabba, that wasn't the challenge. The challenge was to make him a joe. :)