main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The ideas thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    The death of hope and dreams at the hands of others is always a terrible thing to be witness to, I wish you luck and good travels in your new endevours MS. The RL and the 501st are stronger for your involvement and i am honored to have opened the door for you.

I'll see you in the Tag Inn mate.

2. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Schhhhweeet...someone's come to sit next to me ;) ;) ;) It's a peaceful if somewhat silly place to be. [face_hypnotized]

As someone not so famous said, "You can get along with most people some of the time, some people most of the time, but no-one all of the time." I try to remember that often...especially when faced with 25 smelly, hormone filled, unfocused students...shudder.

Look at Jen and I. 14 years of very few things we fully agree on (the important things), many things we pretty much sort of agree on and a few things we completely disagree on. For those things, one tends to tell the other to get over it. Or harden up. Or just ignore it. Or some such sagely advice.

But, somewhat seriously, as a long, long, long time net user, Internet forums are funny places though where sometimes small and reasonably insignificant things seem big. Not unlike the Big Brother house ;)

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    One good thing about sitting on the fence is that you get to see into both yards.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Master Skywalker for all his efforts over the Last 16 months and wish him all the best in his new endeavors at the Rebel Legion and the 501st. I have demoted him as per his request and would now like to hear from the Fan Force in general as to whether they'd prefer a few months without a CR (perfectly legal by FF rules) and then hold and election around Tax time, or would they prefer a full on election in the coming weeks. Please, keep the discussion sensible and calm. Thank you again Master Skywalker.

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Well considering this is the 'ideas thread', may I suggest that we wait and then elect a new leader?? Just an idea :)

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Just for the record. Despite some obvious disharmony in recent times, there is no doubt MS did do some great things for this group and his enthusiasm was unparalleled. Thanks for that :)

In terms of a new CR, I don't see any point rushing into it. Maybe after the relay?

7. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    This will be a noticable loss for SAFF. M-S, I never disliked you a person, you always made me feel welcome & included at SAFF events and I will miss your presence. It's a shame that so much of the drama was kept in private, making it hard for others, including me, to understand the full-scale of the problem. Hate the thought of this conclusion being inevitable... sure it wasn't? Anyway, farewell. And I second what Meanders just said about you. You didn't need to say how passionate you were about SAFF, it showed in many of your posts.

Yes, we should wait before we vote for a new CR, give people time to take this in and have a good think about the next CR.

8. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    I agree as it will give us all time to think about who can take up the CR mantle

I personally think Dave did a great job. Nothing like having a Skywalker at the helm.

9. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    Hmm. This is indeed sad news.

10. REACTOR_DRONE

REACTOR_DRONE Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2005
    I've really got to start reading all these threads :(

I only heard about this at brisnova and even then it's taken a week to find any evidence that something happened.

Good luck to whoever isn't here for whatever they're doing now [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.