main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The ideas thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    Wow, did you not read what I said before?
    No-one-should-have-to-quit-their-jobs-in-this-group.

Do I need to iSlap you? Rofl, seriously this sh!It has blown way out of proportion.

I say we forget it all, keep things as they were and work TOGETHER.. <-- see the word TOGETHER.. Hold on a sec

*Writes in big letters*

TOGETHER!

*realizes the [size] bbcode doesnt work here..*

We need to stick TOGETHER! Not arguing.

2. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    So, we can go back to being SAFF now? :)

3. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Yesh. For SithSakes you guys are like the best people I can talk to about STAR WARS without being moaned at.
    We are STAR WARS FANS! LETS BE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN FAN FORCE, STAR WARS FANS OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!

4. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    So does this mean we won't be having a BBQ?? :(

5. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    Yes BBQ ! I'll wear that Muscle Bound apron if you want !

So....Saffers......We Cool ?

6. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Dave, as much as it might feel like a barrage of negativity, I'm sure in the cold light of day it will seem like a few possibly ill conceived responses to your ideas. I'm sure common ground and understanding will be reached, no matter whether the ideas are thought of as good or bad.

There might be only a few(ish) people at costumed events, but at social events there's often a lot more more. Nothing read into that, just an observation that SAFF people are friends first and foremost. And then there's the Christmas pageant, which had a lot more than a small group :)

As far as 'everyone **** canning' Alf, I really don't think that's the case.

This is truly a bad / sad thing. Whilst merchandise has reached pretty much saturation point, it wouldn't have been without a lot of running around and effort on your part. CR or not, the merchandise has been very cool and very much appreciated. Which reminds me, where's my SAFF pen? I've misplaced it again, gaaaah! ;)

Does this mean the flyer you put together won't be printed? Shame, as I said I think it's pretty cool and represents the various facets of SAFF well.

One thing I always have to remember as a teacher is that it's oh so easy to pick on the bad things kids do, it's easy to make note of the stuff ups they make...but it's the ones that always do the right thing that often have nothing said about them. (BTW, I do try to pay attention to the good ones ;) ) If people aren't commenting and taking good work for granted, it probably means you're doing the right thing. If you're only getting the occasional gripe and flare up of opposition, you're probably doing okay ;)

As easy as it is for someone who's impartial and doesn't have anything personally invested other than being mates with a mate with most people here, perhaps take a step back for a while, chill out, ignore any personal stuff and look forward to the CiJ. Hopefully by then perspective will have been gained by all.

(Damn, between all this reading and replying, I forgot to have dinner....I blame SAFF! ;) )

7. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    thankyou for the support of Merch & the flyer, I'm pretty proud of them, & I have loved doing them, every minute of it- until now :(

8. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    I think it's a sad day for all SAFF'ers, i know that i've been fighting a similar battle in the TAG for the past few months.

My Observation is you've just alienated one of the most passionate, dedicated and hardest working guys within the Star Wars Community.

I too am feeling the Exact same way MS is...

9. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    [image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/Obiwan_Toddi/SAFF%20myspace/hansoloarmour.jpg]

"Uhhh ... everything's under control ... situation normal!"

10. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    That's the problem Toddi, it's not....

11. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I wouldn't say things are fine but atleast we are now heading in the right direction

12. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Everyone just needs to keep a positive attitude. :)

13. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Definately, I think it's been good to air some of the issues here, it might of turned a little nasty in places, <and scary,[face_worried]> but at least by doing this we can reach a compromise and go back to being a peaceful place.

A lingering issue that is finally voiced in an open forum is always of value, and it's good to see it already on it's way to being resolved in my opinion, democracy is a good thing. [face_peace]

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Wow, I just caught up on this thread.

I agree with everything skipp has said (Marcus FTW. :p). I haven't participated as much on these boards lately because I really have no interest in costuming or activities related to it...I'm more a social events guy, and we haven't done as many (any) of those lately. But that doesn't mean I won't be here in the future. :)

I do think an entire makeover of the SAFF was perhaps unnecessary, at least in response to membership issues- we still have a decent amount of active members (sure, LTJ, TB, Kooks are inactive, but beezel, CJ and DR are fairly new arrivals.) Which is not to say something more directed isn't a good idea, since as everyone's noticed the social side is fairly stagnant. And MS, I wouldn't take this personally. I don't see anybody here saying you've done a bad job, or anything of the sort. I don't think anybody wants you to leave.

And I will speak out not necessarily in favour, but certainly not in outright opposition, to the 'trophies' (though I probably wouldn't call them that.) Plenty of charitable groups award service certificates and the like, and for people that go above and beyond the call of duty that sort of thing is always nice. I certainly don't think it will make people *less* participatory, and I doubt anybody will feel obliged to work harder just for them.

Oh and QJ, the situation wasn't really normal in that photo either. :p

15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Marcus, I thankyou for your contribution in this thread :)

I am always more than happy to calmly, reasonable & adult like debate any issue with any person. & I thankyou.

:D

16. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I have read mostly all of the previous arguement except for he last few pages... tl;dr.

I was going to voice an opinion a few days ago at Sabre's house but i thought it unnecessary as my point had been made more than once already. But now we need not worry about the matter, although i am shocked at the thought of abusive PMs from any SAFF member...

So in review of the last few pages, done and dusted and HELL YES! to Evil's BBQ!!! The one thing SAFF needs now is a social get-together to relight the spirit of SAFF!!!

So on the first matter, That's All Folks!

And on the BBQ... It's hot... :p

Later All,
    DV[face_peace]

17. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    [:D] manly hugs.

DV such a long time no see mate.

18. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    And it's good to be back!

i would just like to say where everyone can read that my absense has been a result of Darth RL and lack of internet connection, so ignore all thoughts of me being upset at anyone.

NOW! as it's been so long since i've had a chance to say this, BACK ON TOPIC SAFF!!! :p

I love the idea of a BBQ at evil's and i'll DEFINATELY be at CiJ.... but how about some bowling sometime?

19. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    "i'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of granduer!!"

boy i hate walking in late......

what the heck has gone on around here?? i thought everyone here were friends??

20. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    BBQ @ evils sounds great to me also :D

I can't bowl anymore- bad back but I'd go to support & (maybe) air hockey ;)

21. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Welcome back! and an awesome suggestion too. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I too would love to go bowling sometime. It's been far too long!

22. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i would love to host a B.B.Q at my place having a wicked entertaing area out back but i am considered to be living "in the stix".. so evils place sounds good too !!! :D

might have to bring the left gauntlet with me... ;) [face_mischief]

23. Cho-Junn

Cho-Junn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2008
    BBQ, Bowling and air-hockey all sound awesome!
    When?

'Live out in the sticks'
    I thought that was a point of view, depending on that side of town you start from... [face_thinking]

24. shadowself

shadowself Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    Nope. Out in the sticks is North. South is beyond woop woop. [face_laugh]

I'd be up for bowling again.

25. Cho-Junn

Cho-Junn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2008
    Packed lunch and water bottle. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.