main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The IEFF Cantina

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    yeah, my mom went to Fontana it was 118 there. We're having a huge lightening/thunderstorm at the moment. I personally can't wait for winter

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I ventured down the mall, it was like a ghost down, was actually able to do some shopping!

3. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    OMG!!!!! :D

I got in to see RENT!!!!! First Row of the Pantages! FRONT AND CENTER!!!!!!! It was one of the most incredible things! (yes...worth even skipping con!) I'm still giddy!

Best part is... I get to see Adam Pascal on Friday!!!! He was the original Roger on Broadway (in the movie too)... [face_dancing]

Okay...I'm done now!

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :mad: I've had that Rent song in my head all day cos I read your post this morning! 525 thousand....[face_laugh]

5. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    [face_love] Glad I could spread the love!

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh yeah?! Well... we got... um.... Rosario Dawson singing to us? That kinda counts. :p

7. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Well....I get to Swoon over Adam! [face_devil]

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I just got back from my ex-father-in-laws funeral. Even though I'm no longer an official part of the family, it was nice to see all of them (bad reason for it though). Yep, we're one of those weird divorced couples that actually get along fairly well. Left the padawan with that side of the family for a few days. I'm bummed that summer is nearly over and I've spent very little time with him. I know, I know... I'm just whining. But I feel better now. Thanks for "listening"!! Think I'll go play some Lego SW on the hand-me-down gameboy advance that my son gave to me. Yep, I'm getting my 15 year old's technology hand-me-downs. How weird is that???

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Lego SW kicks butt!

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It sure is kicking mine!! To say the least, I'm not a gamer! But, this one looked fun and simi-easy. I can't get out of Naboo City though. I keep dieing! It'll take me a while, but I'll get 'er done!

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    It's loads of fun once you get the hang of it. Look out for the secrets too! You can always look up a walkthrough guide online if it gets too much for you! :D

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The only other games I have are the 4 Harry Potter games for my PC. I've had to get the walk-through for all of them. Like I said... I'm really pathetic when it comes to gaming!!

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Got a heads-up from another SW board about this article. Never realized that because I'm a SW fan I'm angry. Read it and you'll understand.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    He must be a Trekkie!

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I happen to be a closet Trekkie myself and I know I'm not that ignorant!

Where is everybody this weekend??

16. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I just read this article and I have to say this - a person who lives by attaching labels to others doesn't have the intelligence or depth of character to see what makes us SW fans (or Harry Potter fans, or Doctor Who fans or *gasp* Sailor Moon fans). From what I read, this guy saw a freak show and reported as such. One can't chenge a narrow-minded view such as his. It certainly shows biased reporting which as a journalist, puts him at the bottom of the barrel under Pig feed. But since he's a media journalist, I almost expect biased and insulting kind of reports like that, since it gives something for him to hook onto since he doesn't have a friggin clue. He made fun of 501st's charity work. I think that this reporter didn't want to go to Comic Con but gets stuck with it every year because he stinks at his job. It's too bad for us, since it puts a negative spin to fan activities.

And by the way I am a full on Star Trek fan (please theForce.net moderators, please forgive me for using such blasphemous words on these hallowed boards). And Doctor Who. And oh yeah baby... Sailor Moon rocks! I mean it.

And I had a great time at SDCC. I was in costume the whole time and was flattered and honored to no end by all the offers of photography, and my costume, as an ensemble probably costs more than that reporter's entire wardrobe.

17. arodofhoth

arodofhoth Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Star Trek:confused::p

18. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    what was the name of the reporter and what station does he work for? i'll send in my "friends" connie & vinnie to go break his friggin kneecaps!!![face_beatup] [face_frustrated]

seriously though, who was it?

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Read THIS. Maybe it just makes him feel better about himself to degrade others? The bully on the playground.

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :eek: A Trekiie in our midst!

[face_laugh] I'm sure your not the only one. Looks around, c'mon, show yourselves.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    What was there before 1977? Star Trek! That's one of the things that fostered my love of science fiction. ST was my first love, but SW became my life long passion. Of those of us that saw SW back in 1977, and were old enough to remember it, most watched ST. Come on now, don't deny it!!!

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I was having some fun yesterday listening to Nimmoy and Shatner on itunes, classic!

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Me little sis has apparently gone into labor! =D=

Another christmas pressie I have to buy this year! That'll be me have 2 nieces and one nephew thanks to my younger sisters.

I thought the oldest kids were supposed to have kids first!

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sounds like you best get busy! [face_blush]

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Pfft, noooo, not yet anyways!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.