main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The IEFF Cantina

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    One of Disney's promotions for next year has been announced:

Give a day; Get a day.

I'm wondering if any of our volunteer work will count??

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I was looking at the site and beginning January 1, 2010, you sign up for a volunteer opportunity from a participating organization and once your service is verified, you receive a voucher to redeem your 1 park Disney theme park ticket. If you've got a pass, they're gonna do what they do now which is give you a few options, one being a gift card for the price of admission ($72)![face_dancing]

Here's the details:

Program Terms & Conditions

Receive free admission* to one of the theme parks of the Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort when you sign up and complete a day of volunteer service with a participating organization.

You must sign up for eligible volunteer opportunities for the ?Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.? program through this site. Participation in volunteer activities outside of this sign up process does not qualify for a free ticket.

Ticket quantities for this program are limited.

One ticket per person, regardless of the number or hours of volunteer service completed.
    The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first.

Eligible volunteer opportunities are located in the United States, including Puerto Rico, or Canada only and you must have a residence in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada to sign up.

You must be at least 18 years of age to sign up, and you may sign-up up to a maximum of 8 additional members of your same household. Children must be at least 6 years of age to volunteer under this program and receive a theme park ticket. Children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult when volunteering. Other age restrictions may apply to certain eligible volunteer opportunities.

Volunteer opportunities are posted a limited time in advance of the date of opportunity.

Volunteer service must be verified.

Once verified, you will receive an email with instructions on how to print a voucher to redeem for the free theme park ticket. Please print the voucher and present it at the designated will call ticket window at Walt Disney World® Resort or a ticket booth at the Disneyland® Resort, along with valid photo ID, to redeem for your free 1-day, 1-theme park ticket. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver?s License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.

The theme park tickets distributed under this Program will not be valid for use on the following dates:

Tickets are non-transferable.

If you are an Annual Passholder or a multi-day ticket holder, you may choose from one of three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket. No cash refunds or credits will be provided.

Vouchers must be redeemed for tickets or Passholder and multi-day ticket holder options, as applicable, by December 15, 2010. Theme park ticket must be used by December 15, 2010.

Questions About Volunteering

Why do I have to wait until January 1, 2010 to start volunteering?

January 1, 2010 is the official start date of the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program. Participating organizations will be prepared to provide eligible opportunities that you can sign up for beginning on that date.

If I perform volunteer service prior to January 1, 2010, does that count?

No. Sign up for the program begins January 1, 2010. You must sign up from this site and complete your volunteer activity through HandsOn Network in order to participate in the program and obtain a free 1-day, 1-theme park ticket.

How many hours do I have to volunteer to get my free ticket? (A full day? / half-day?)

While there is no specific minimum number of hours, you must complete one of the eligible volunteer opportunities or projects available through the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program.

How can I find out if the

3. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    That's pretty kool. I could use it on a block out date or if I don't have my pass.
    I signed up for e-mail updates.

4. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey, everyone! I just got the card today that you sent....thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your thoughts and well wishes!! Hope you all are well. We're doing very well all things considered.
    Surgery is now scheduled for the 12th. Some people from the church surprised me and our doing a fundraiser for me to help cover my surgery...that has been a major blessing, takes some pressure off.
    The fundraiser I put together for that family in need with the brain injured/autistic kids(I know I told most of you about it or you saw it on facebook) the total is now up to $9,000.00 that was raised as a result of the concerts...we were able to save their house, someone provided an atty. to modify their loan, we got the kids their therapy. It has been so rewarding and so many good things have come out of it, besides the cash, not only for the family, but for me as well. My Dad and Grandma are holding their own, which is a blessing for my mom since I can't help right now. So many positive things going on I can't help but be grateful and encouraged despite this 2nd surgery and health setback.
    Ry's doing well, still a big help. His dad is taking him to the Star Wars music thing tomorrow night...you all know what a miracle that is that Ry is going alone with him, so obviously things are going pretty well in that dept. too.
    I'm not out of bed much, but am using this time to get my websites up, writing songs, getting my stuff together so that I can finally start with everything in 2010.
    Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I miss you all, I continue to pray for each of you and will be with you in spirit at all the events that you have coming up. I'm sorry I won't be able to host the Christmas party this year. We will both miss that. I'm putting my Christmas tree up before surgery as I won't be able to lift over 5 lbs till after the 1st of the year. We're going to be a cheerful house for the rest of the year! Love you guys!! Blessings to you all[:D]

5. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    How wonderful to hear from you again. It is great when the Lord hears our prayers, and has done wonders for your friends and with you. We hope the concert for Ryan is great. That was one of the places I wanted to go to, but alais, other things happened. Prayers are with you both. You are always in our hearts. God Bless.

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's wonderful news about Ry going with his dad!!!!

How was it? Did he have a good time?? I sure hope so!

[:D]

7. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Ry said it was really good. They both said the musicians were amazing. He had a great time!

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's great news all the way around!!

9. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    So, I just realized I have a title now....but it was not the one I was expecting. [face_laugh]

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I saw that too...Working on it[face_laugh] :D

11. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    [face_laugh]Hooray! All better!!!!

12. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I have a title two wohoo!!!!!!!!!

13. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Yay!!! You're the tweeter-er.
    What's your twitter screen name so we can stalk you?
    I mean follow you.
    :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I totally put in the right titles, but the boards decided to switch them around. :p

15. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Suuuuuuuure. ;)
    Thanks for fixing those. :D

16. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I like Han shot first's title

17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Tweeter-er? o_O

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Darth Malum! ;)

Warning: Shameless plug ahead!

Anyone remember Order 66? I've made and posted the second trailer. This one's WAY better than the first, trust me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE4dK01Zaxs

18. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    So a funny thing happened at the races this weekend... Kari & I were suite neighbors. I was in 16 & she was in 17. We got to visit a few times over the weekend and just now as I'm loading my photos, I realize it was silly to not have taken a picture of us in our fabulous aprons!
    I was happy to see her ;)

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda, it was great to see you and I'm glad that the fates put us next to each other!! Thanks again for bringing me the plate of Cream Brule' French toast. It was totally to die for!! It gave me a stomach, but I would eat it again even knowing that! Folks, if you ever get a chance to have that, try it!!! One of the best things I've EVER eaten!

No pictures of us in our penguin suits. :( Maybe next spring. I look forward to taking a look at your pix.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Debbie was supposed to go in for her surgery today. Please send your prayers and good thoughts her way. I'm sure she'd love to get some cards from us to lift her spirits. Please let me know if you need her mailing address and I'll PM it to you.

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I am happy to hear that you two got to see each other. I look forward to seeing you Nov 7th for Star Wars Night at Glen Avon. :)

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    As I said to Minda, I'm glad you two got to see each other. Penguin suits and no pics?[face_laugh]

23. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    A very happy birthday to Miss Carrie Fisher. Hope your day was wonderful.

24. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    *waves*

Hello,

I'm a fellow fan and live in Redlands.

Thought I'd drop in and say hello to all of you...

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, hello right back at cha!

We're having an event at the Glen Avon Library on November 7. We'd love for you to come join us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.