main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The IEFF Cantina

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Good luck with that, Stuart! He just barely joined Facebook! :D

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I actually joined back in December of 2007. I got an account and did nothing with it. Matter of fact, Stuart was my only friend. I just now, as of this last week FINALLY friended everyone and actually started to look at this crazy thing. :)

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Anybody know anything about the super secret Laser Tag joint event with SDFF that's scrolling along that nobody's invited us to??

4. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I know, right!?

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    OMG...This is the best video EVER! How fun would this be to set something up like this here in the US? I think we should do it!!! After seeing this, I know you'll want to as well! Check out the video below ------>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZgrL85OKs

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow!!! That was total awesomeness! :eek:

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Check this video out...pretty awesome!
    http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/discovery-atlas-mexico-mine-of-naica.html

The Mega Crystals of Naica Mine:
    [image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/naice-photo-shoot-825x553.jpg]
    [image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/naica-sitting-825x553.jpg]

Nestling up to a cauldron of pressurized, molten rock is almost never a good idea. But in Mexico's Naica mine, the payoff is worth the risk.

About 900 feet below the surface, there is a chamber filled with gypsum. It's the same stuff that goes in the drywall in your house, only in Naica it spent half a million years parboiling in a chamber filled with magma-heated water.

Suddenly miners showed up and started pumping the mineral-rich broth out to get at valuable silver and lead deposits nearby. The result is a cavern filled with crystals 36 feet long and weighing in at up to 55 tons, easily the largest in the world.

Though there's little risk of eruption from the nearby magma chamber, the cave itself is still deadly hot ? over 120 Fahrenheit with about 90 percent humidity. People are only allowed in without cooling suits for a few minutes at a time.

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Am I the only one besides Carrie who thought the lightsaber battle in the mall video was totally awesome? Am I that much of a geek to where you all are "too good to comment"?[face_laugh] :p

9. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Maybe everyone else actually has a life....;) [face_laugh]

10. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I thought the video from the utube light sabre mob was great. Sorry I haven't it until right now. That would be a lot of fun.

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    [image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/untitled1.jpg]
    [image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/untitled.jpg]

Hasbro?s Mega AT-AT Unveiled!

Today at the 2010 New York Toy Fair, Hasbro unveiled the heavily-rumored (and consequently highly-anticipated) all new AT-AT vehicle for their 3.75-inch action figure line, which will retail for about $100 on August 1. Check out the images and description below, and get the full roster of Hasbro toys announced at Toy Fair after the jump (stay tuned for more Toy Fair coverage as we report from the event starting this weekend in New York)!

Star Wars AT-AT
    (Approximate Retail Value: $99.99; Ages: 5 & up)
    In space, size does matter, and Hasbro certainly kept that in mind when creating its all-new, highly detailed Star Wars AT-AT. The AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) played a significant role in the Empire?s military assault in The Empire Strikes Back, and it will play an equally important role in every fan?s toy collection this year! Measuring more than 24 inches tall, nearly 28 inches long, and 12 inches wide, this colossal vehicle holds up to 20 Star Wars figures ? 6 of which can fit in its head alone! ? and includes so many play and electronic features true to its on-screen counterpart that it?s hard to believe! From the zip-line in its body and articulated legs for superb poseability, to its LED lights and authentic movie sounds and phrases, this is the must-have addition for Star Wars fans of all ages. Includes a 3.75 inch AT-AT driver action figure and a pop-out speeder bike.

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey check out these new shows from Adidas, cool huh?

[image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/adidasstormtroopershoe.jpg]

13. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Those are sweet! I want some!
    And the AT-AT is awesome too!!

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Check the rest of the Adidas Star Wars Line Here

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I love a lot of the shoes... especially the x-wing ones!

The commercial, well, not so thrilled about it. Looks like a bunch of gang bangers.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    From the Pacific Region thread:

Disney's Give A Day, Get A Day volunteer program ended yesterday. They reached their goal of 1 million volunteers.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just checked the Disney site and confirmed it. No more volunteering for tickets.

Thanks for the info, Stuart.

18. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    As a side note, I had called Disney and had roughly an hour long conversation with them in regards to Annual Passholders not getting the same treatment as non passholders.

Basically, if you have NO pass and volunteer...you get a ticket.:)
    If you HAVE an annual pass...your ticket gets donated to their charity of choice which is the boys and girls club.[face_plain]

Don't even get me started on any of this! It was kinda funny to hear them squirm as they didn't know how to answer the many questions I asked them which caused them to contradict and stumble all over themselves. Political Correctness run amuck on this one![face_mischief]

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Le bump!

[image=http://images.stanzapub.com/readers/2008/09/12/0_22.jpg]

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey look at this my peoples...Yours truely made it to this website! How friggin cool is this? I have to say that I do look so very good. [face_laugh]

Seriously though, I took like 40 pics that day. Funny story on how this all happened. If you care to know about it, ask me on Saturday...if not, well here you go...enjoy!:D

21. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Can i have your autograph please lol you should of taken out your starbucks gold card lol

22. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh, you are such a rock star, Mike. I should ask you for a autograph. Great pics.

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    The wife and I adopted a dog yesterday. An Australian Shepard. Her previous owner passed away. Her name is Snowy. I put pics on FB.

24. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    How wonderful for the 3 of you. Adopting a dog is a great way of saving a dog from anything bad. So sorry to here of her former owners passing. Congrats to you all.

25. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Just wanted to say Thanks Again to Bill + Sandy for having Sheila + I over for dinner last night. There was good food and good conversation. Thank you for opening up your home and having us over. You guys were awesome hosts, you did great!=D= [:D]

Thanks for the cooking Chrissy, thanks for the Star Wars tour Bill, and Sandy...thanks for all your funny unexpected sayings. You truly caught me off guard. Oh yeah, the squirt bottle and the cats were priceless...bad kitties - bad kitties![face_laugh] :D

Sandy, I PM'd you as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.