main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The IEFF Cantina

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    V for Vendetta is excellent!!!!!

2. arodofhoth

arodofhoth Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I think we need to do a Holloween Event[face_thinking]

3. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Knotts Scary Farm?

4. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    thats sounds like fun I've never been to Knotts Scary Farm before[face_devil]

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I am such a wimp [face_skull] that I won't even do Knott's Scary Farm. How sad is that??? I'll gladly go but have to stay in the kiddy section. If anybody has small children, I'll be the official babysitter for that one!

6. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    [face_laugh] sounds like a PLAN[face_idea]

7. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    hmmm seems like fun

sorry I havnt been on in awhile I found my key for EaW and been playing that again. I got just enough time for one more round and then I gotta go to bed got class in the morning.. UGGGGG If it aint work its class I dont know whats worse. oh well, dont have to like it just have to do it. [face_plain]

8. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    YAY! Scary Farm! I love Scary Farm! I go every year, but it's a pain to try and get people to go w/ me!

(everyone I know are wimps!)

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Guess I'd fit in well with your friends! :eek:

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I can get cheap tickets for it if we're up for it.

Rogue_Granger, enlighten us on what happens at scary farm.

11. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    My fav part of SF is the shows...they are fabulous! (The best being "The Hanging.") The Hanging is where they basically take all of the major events in pop culture, and make fun of them. It's a fight to the death. (One year Harry Potter fought Gandalf. Wolverine fought Freddy Krueger) It's a spoof, and it's hysterical! (Let me say that I am a MAJOR wimp when it comes to blood guts and gore, and the show really doesn't bother me) Elvira generally has a show, which is always fun.

The real reason most everyone goes is the mazes. They close certain areas of the park down and construct these walk through mazes. (Although some are in rides...the Log ride and Jaguar being two examples) they're themed. Last year for instance, there was a Vampire maze (with various "vamps" through the ages...i.e. medieval right up to the "Buffy" style) a pirate one (with the undead of the seas) and the one that I hate, the asylum, where weird genetic mutants run around.

There are monsters and freaks that run around certain areas of the park, and it's always fun to watch the teenage girls scatter...

I've gone every year since I was 12, and Honestly, it isn't that bad. I mainly go for the shows. They are fun and really well done. I'll explain more on Saturday if anyone has any questions....but I think we should definitely do it.

:D

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My big thing is that I hate being scared or startled. It completely freaks me out when somebody jumps out at me... I just can't handle it. Is it just in the mazes that that happens or everywhere in the park?

13. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Well...mainly the mazes, and there are two parts of the park where that happens. (the Gauntlet).

Honestly it isn't that bad. we can stay away from there, and like I said above, I think it's worth going just for the shows...although some of the mazes are pretty cool....

http://www.ultimatehaunt.com

^^^^^Check it out :)

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'll go if the group goes. Not a problem! I can have fun anywhere. I'll just have to stay away from the "scary" parts. Also, if anybody brings small children, I can be the "official IEFF" babysitter.

15. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Ummm...probably not appropriate for kids...certainly not under the age of 12 or 13. The humor in the shows are very adult, and some of the area's in the park are intense for little ones...

Stick W/ Me... I promise you, no one will bug you :)

There's a trick to walking around so the monsters won't bug you...they go for the easy targets

16. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Tips from the Site....

Long lines. Packed crowds. Thousands of people everywhere!!

Yes, these are things that you will find at Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt if you go during the wrong date and time. The bottom line is that due to the fact that the Haunt is the "most popular" Halloween themed event in the world, crowds pack the place. However, this section of Ultimathaunt.com is here to help you AVOID THE CROWDS and make the most out of your trip to the event!

Listed below are tips and helpful hints that should help you in getting the maximum benefit from the money you paid for your ticket. Still haven't been to the Haunt? Have you been going for years and years? Either way, if you follow the tips below, we feel you should be able to make the most out of your night.

The information below was compiled through years of trial and error from fans who have discovered what works and what doesn't. Even if you only follow one or two of the following tips, we really think you'll have more fun! We have found that if you follow these tips, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE ALL OF THE MAZES AND MOST OF THE SHOWS IN ONE NIGHT!!

(1) AVOID FRIDAY NIGHTS AND ESPECIALLY SATURDAY NIGHTS AT ALL COSTS!!

Normally, the Halloween Haunt runs every weekend throughout the month of October (Thursday - Sunday). The Haunt is VERY packed on each Friday and Saturday in the month of October, so do yourself a favor and try to go on a Thursday or Sunday. With the crowds lighter on Thursdays and Sundays, you'll be able to make the most out of your visit by seeing the mazes, shows and even spend some time in the Scare Zones. *If you simply must attend on a Friday or Saturday, we have some tips further down in the page that might help you.*

(2) ATTEND THE PRE-SCARE DINNER.

Call (714) 220-5055 to make your Pre-Scare Dinner Reservations! Reservations ONLY.

The Pre-Scare Dinner allows you to eat a buffet-style dinner at Knott's Berry Farm and after you eat, you and your party are allowed to enter the Halloween Haunt between 15-30 minutes earlier than the general public! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PRE-SCARE DINNER because you can go on between 2-4 Haunt mazes/attractions BEFORE THE FRONT GATES EVEN OPEN! Not only that, you can eat a good dinner which will save you a little bit of cash inside the park. When you call the folks at the (714) 220-5055 reservation line, they will explain to you where you need to go for the dinner. *You need your Halloween Haunt tickets PRIOR to attending the Pre-Scare Dinner!*

**EXTRA TIP** - Make your dinner reservation time EARLY for that evening (we suggest around 4:00pm or 4:40pm) so you can take your time entering the park. Also, in 2002 Knott's Berry Farm offered not only the normal Pre-Scare Dinner, they offered a VIP Pre-Scare as well, which was a little bit more expensive but offered a larger buffet and Halloween Haunt water bottle/sipper.

(3) KNOW WHAT MAZES YOU WANT TO GO ON BEFORE YOU EVEN ENTER THE PARK!

You will know what mazes are presented at Knott's prior to you attending because you will see the lineup right here on Ultimatehaunt.com! We usually announce the maze line up in our NEWS section in late August or early September. Create a small game plan on what mazes you want to definitely go on. For you first timers, we present this recommended outline:

1) The Log Ride FIRST. The reason you want to go on the Log Ride first is because after 8:00pm, the lines for this attraction are usually very long and very slow moving. Too much time could be wasted in the Log Ride line.

2) The Calico Mine Ride SECOND for the exact same reason that you want to hit the Log Ride early.

*If you do the Pre-Scare Dinner and follow these tips, you'll be done with the Log Ride and Mine Ride BEFORE the park even opens the front gates!*

3) After the Mine Ride, head straight to whatever the NEW mazes are for that particular year! Word spreads fast and the lines will start to get packed very quickly.

**EXTRA TIP** - Don't waste your time going on a bunch of Knott's Berry Farm roller coasters dur

17. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    We can talk about it more at the meeting, but I promise...VERY FUN!!! [face_dancing]

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Where is everybody??? [face_thinking]

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It's time for me to hand the computer over to my WOW fanatic kid. He's all packed and really excited about going to SeaWorld camp tomorrow. As for me, I'm excited about the meeting!! So, unless anybody is up early tomorrow morning, I'll see all of you at the pizza place!!

20. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    sounds like fun. not sure if we'll be able to make it or not. we'll have to see.[face_thinking]

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    ANTS!!!

Ugg! I get home at almost midnight and the ants have discovered the dog food. I've had it in the same place for almost 10 years and they have to figure out where it is on a night that I come home late! What a pain in the... well, you know. Cleaning up stupid ants was not on my list of things to do when I got home. Oh well, the bright side of it is that they weren't in my pantry!!

22. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    atleast they were only in the dog food, I get home from my work and find a crapload of ants in my BED!!!!! having to do laundry a midnight isnt any fun. :mad:

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Maybe you should stop eating in bed! :D No matter where they are in the house, they're a big ol' pain!! :mad:

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You need one of those funky bowls that is impossoble for ants to get into.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    They got into the big Rubbermaid container that I pour the 40 pound bag of dog food into. Not sure how they managed that! I'm going to Victoria Gardens with a friend today. Will have to see if I can find an airtight container big enough. Besides that, we're going to the California Pizza place. I think that's the name?? Heard it's really good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.