main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The IE's so Hot, it's on Fire

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Not trying to make light of the situation, but is everyone okay? [face_worried]

(and can someone confirm or deny a rumor I just heard that now Temecula's on fire?? :confused: )

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Dunno, but I hope whoever started that fire in Riverside gets what's coming to them.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Do we have anybody in Temecula? I think ARodofHoth is in Murietta, right?

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yeah Arodohoth is in Murrieta. Not heard from him since he moved though. [face_worried]

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    So IS Temecula on fire? [face_worried]

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I can't see it from my desk in Rancho. :p

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    My step-dad's son lives in Temecula so I called him. They've got a lot of smoke, but no fire. The flames are headed towards Hemet.

8. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    the fire is off the 10fwy in banning and beaumont. temecula is many miles away south. all good there. it's headed toward hemet.:mad:

9. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Fortunately, it appears that we in San Jacinto escaped the fire. It seems to be stopped from traveling south by the San Jacinto mountain range, although it has moved west. Good thing fire prefers to run uphill and that our side of the mountains have been somewhat denuded by other recent small fires. This Esperanza fire closed highway 79 through Lambs Canyon, the main thoroughfare between Hemet/San Jacinto and the 10 freeway. I skipped going into work yesterday, given the road closure and just in case we had to evacuate.

The smoke has dissipated over the last three days, but still lingers. I should be able to wash all the ash off my car tomorrow. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen firefighters. And may the perpetrator of this cowardly crime meet the wrath of his destiny.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, I called my mom in Lake Elsinore after someone told me about Temecula. Apparnatly there was a small fire, but it was out quickly.

They've been doing practice burns down here at Miramar base, so it's still smokey down here! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.