The IJ films should be cleaned up and re-released to theatres and DVD! (added scenes not necessary)

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Blur, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur Force Ghost

star 4
    Recently, I saw some special viewings of ROTLA and TOD on the big screen. While both movies are great, I was appalled at the poor print - very grainy at times, a lot of lines, etc. The color was good in both films, though.

Lucasfilm should definitely clean these IJ movies up (like they did for the SW: Special Editions) and re-release them to the theatre. I'm sure they would do well - people will go see them even if they have them on tape. Added/revised scenes aren't necessary, and may even hurt the movie (Like the Greedo shooting first scene in the ANH:Special Edition, and the lame-o revised FBI agents with radios instead of guns scene in the E.T. re-release).

On the same note, these IJ movies are LONG OVERDUE for DVD release. I understand Lucas' excuse that he wants to wait to release all three SW films on DVD after EP III, but he has no such excuse for IJ, since noone even knows if IJ 4 will be made (at this point, I don't care if it's made or not, since I was very dissapointed in The Last Crusade).

Thoughts?
  2. DarthBane93 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree. I think they should be re-released in theatres before coming to dvd. I'd go to each one a couple of times! :)
  3. JBFett Jedi Master

star 4
    TLC is seen by many to have indeed saved the franchise. Alot of people were definately taken aback by TOD and thought it just didn't fit the Indy series. I love all three but I happen to think TLC is second for me next to Raiders. It has some amazing moments and the chemistry between Connery and Ford is outstanding.
  4. COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I think they definately should re-release the Indy films in the theaters. In addition I enjoyed TLC best out of the 3 Indy movies.
  5. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would love to see these movies re-released to theaters. The theaters could have IJ day. The DVD's would be nice as well.
  6. Vanthorne_OX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well now that we have confirmation of Indy IV, these sorts of things have a greater chance of happening. I've never had a chance to see any of them in theatres, so that would be great.
  7. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've never seen any of them in the theater either. It would be a nice thing to do.
  8. DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    My dad took me to see the Last Crusade when it came out in theaters; and it's by far my favorite one. There are rumors that the Indy DVDs will come out fall of this year.
  9. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That would be pretty sweet. :) The Indiana Jones movies are good, IMHO.
  10. vaderdarkestjedi Jedi Youngling

I entirely agree. The original films should be cleaned up, released in theatres, and then on DVD in WIDESCREEN. I would be so enthralled if they did the re-release. I have been waiting a long time for the big screen and the DVD WIDESCREEN.
  11. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw all 3 in the theater, and would love to see a re-issue.

But for them to do that, I think they'd have to clean up the prints and add an additional scene or two to entice people to fork over $8 to watch them.

And can we plz get this trilogy on DVD??? The gaping hole this set has in my collection is almost as big as the one for the OT. :(
  12. batvader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I agree with the title of this thread. I saw only Crusade on theaters, and I'd love to experience Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen.
  13. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd love to see the Indiana Jones trilogy in the cinema, as I've only ever seen them on video.
  14. VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want the WIDESCREEN DVD movies right now!! I never have seen Indy on the big screen or in WIDESCREEN!! I want these really badly, NOW!!!
  15. Benny_Blanco Jedi Master

star 4

I agree - I went to a special screening of Raiders recently, and the pic quality was TERRIBLE!! Ultra-grainy, and SO many lines in the screen!! I can`t even bear watching my VHS version at home ant more cos I`ve watched it that often that it`s totally deteriorated!!

And as to extra scenes....I could probably bear them in TOD and TLC, but Raiders?!? This IS the perfect film, nothing you could add to it could make it any better, only make it worse!!(I feel quite passionately about this!)
  16. Jingle-Jango Jedi Padawan

How come Harrison Ford got to play Indiana Jones and Hans Solo, was he the reincarnation of Mother Teresa or something.
  17. Benny_Blanco Jedi Master

star 4

Jingle-Jango, show Mother Theresa more respect!!;)
  18. Benny_Blanco Jedi Master

star 4

how do u get those face-things to work?!?
  19. Jingle-Jango Jedi Padawan

I dont know my brother Bennie-Blanco ;)

Say you sound like a nice guy, you know...my kind of person, I recon me and you should be buddies.
  20. Benny_Blanco Jedi Master

star 4

hhmmm....I dunno, Jingle-boy....you sound like the kinda guy who might go outside for a smoke DURING a special screening of Raiders....I could be wrong, but I dunno....
  21. Blackthorpe Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would love to see all 3 on the big screen and DVD. I think I saw Temple on the big screen, and I know I saw Crusade. I was only 3 when Raiders came out, though. As for extra scenes, they aren't necessary, but i would like to see some. Nothing new, of course, just some of the scenes that were cut out. For example, Indy strapping himself to the periscope of the u-boat in Raiders. Stuff like that. I always like to see cut scenes put back in, unless it changes the movie too much in a bad way.
  22. bedada3 Force Ghost

star 4
    If "Raiders" were rereleased, they'd probably have the swordsman "shoot first."
  23. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Oh man, don't even joke about that. :_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.