main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The "I'm bored, what are you all doing" thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lozza, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Yes obviously I'm bored cause I've just posted in like a miliion cajillion threads!
    Actually I'm just avoiding housework and trying to stop myself cooking up some more pancakes, adding strawberries ice cream and maple syrup and scoffing them. Ah why deprive oneself
    *body screams at me*

Oh yeah,that's right.

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Occassionally though, you have to give into tempting thoughts like that - otherwise it just gets worse later :p

I'm not too bored... YET.

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, here I am, posting on the Lappy. This hurts my brain - all the text is so tiny and annoying. I blame widescreen. :p

4. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Kid decided to nap after shopping trip. I've got dishes to do, washing to fold and put away r uniforms to iron. Hmmmm..nap. zzzzzzz

5. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Lol widescreen has nothing to do with it Morgs, it's called resolution... Speaking of which you might want to make sure that it is set at a widescreen res because otherwise it will look horrible and distorted...

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    :p I know that.

edit: Loz may or may not be bored, I'm looking at MP3 players on the Creative website. I wish I could justify spending $500 odd on an MP3 player...

7. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Hmm, creative have some really nice products... I'm kinda bored. I'm trying to scoff down lunch before heading to a medical examination at 1.30pm. Apparently my BMI and my blood pressure may stop me accessing track sites south of the border... go figure...

8. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hmm, creative have some really nice products...

They do, rather. As we speak I am finally readjusting my budget and setting spending guidelines for the next month or two (made more difficult by the fact that I haven't done any christmas shopping yet) so I can justify affording that MP3 player. After all, the CD walkman I have is only going to hold out for so long...

Also eating Mars Bar cookies. Really quite nice. Omnomnom...

Good luck with the medical examination Loz. Hope that all goes well.

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
  10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Blast, it's blocked. That's alright, I'll check it out when I get home. [face_thinking]

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Alright, my vote has been cast. I was a little thrown that there were two Christian parties on the ballot this year. (edit: Whoops, missed half a sentance. That'll teach me to post without reading back...) No One Nation candidate this year though...

Positives about voting: The school PCA always puts on a sausage sizzle. Nomnomnom...

Negatives about voting: People handing out how to vote cards. I need a t-shirt that has "GO AWAY" written on it. I feel kinda bad about being rude to these people, but their level of annoyance greatly outways my guilt.

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I don't mind the "no thanks no thank no thanks"...

I do mind, however, that the how-to-vote people weren't allowed to retrieve the how-to-vote cards binned inside the polling station this year. Gobsmacked me. Okay, they may be put into paper recycling, but if the parties had to make more cards because of it, then... *sigh*

So I grabbed a handful from that bin, went outside, and one how-to-vote person took them all from me...and gave them back to everyone else.
    They may be campaigning agianst each other, but they were still being civil. And polite.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    That is a bit strange, that. :confused:

... I really wish I'd made up that "Vote 1 Max" shirt I was dreaming up the other day, now that I think of it. [face_thinking]

14. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Actually saw you at the voting booth Morgs. I was busy entertaining a 4 year old whilst waiting in line though.

I too was a bit doubtful about the number of Christian/family parties in our electorate.. the FRED NILES group still exists??? eeek.

Bored..thinking of napping again after 10 hours sleep last night. Not sure what's wrong with me. Not relaly in nicotine withdrawal as the patch is on my arm snugly. Headachy and sleepy due to habitual withdrawal..not sure.

nap...mmmm

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    ..I'm avoiding doing anything requiring effort or aiding me in organising my day for tomorrow. Is it just me or does ironing clothes for work make you feel like you're ALREADY THERE. My Mum ALWAYS made lunches, ironed clothes, organised her day the night before and I know it's helpful when I do....I JUST DON'T WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    No I hear that, K. My ironing pile has escalated again, like some sort of parasitic growth taking over my bedroom floor. It's almost scary. And I'd only use a tenth of that pile during the week.

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm bored, I'm really, really bored.

What is everyone doing?

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Reading the wikiquote entry for Discworld, and packing up to leave work early and brave Chermside for some Christmas shopping. Oy.

19. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Bored again. Since my model has decided to start deleting random pieces of itself I've decided it can go to hell. I will come back and kill it later.

Nothing really gets done on a Friday arvo anyway :p
    *sigh* I meant to do xmas shopping today too, but that got away from me as I was in a meeting from 11-13.30

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Ben's decided to fall asleep on the lounge room floor so I'm taking the opportunity to wrap his present. Yay, finally. Unfortunately his proximity to the Christmas Tree is inconvenient and I won't be able to relocate said present without being noticed until he wakes up. Problematic.

21. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Crank up the Mission: Impossible theme then and do daring stunt with wires and stuff :p

Lozza's bored, I'm trying to drown my headache in caffeine while imagining Max jumping up and down on it screaming "Why! Won't! You! DIE!?!" :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    You need someone to create a diversion!

WWBMD?

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    It'd involve ninja balls.

Now I can make ninja balls, unfortunately the smoke they produce is toxic [face_worried]

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    You can make ninja balls??

I'm bored, trying to work out whether I can indeed watch Wind in the Willows and Hogfather tonight. No tv guide. Yes I always get a tv week but gave it to my niece. Am I going to have to check teh tv station websites?? NOOOOO

25. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Wind in the Willows is on the ABC at 7:30 pm. Finishes at 9:10.

Hogfather is on Channel 7 at 8:30 pm. Finishes at 10:30.

I'm taping both. Dunno which one to watch. If only I could find a copy of Hogfather oN DVD. Might be worth imprting that one from the UK...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.