main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The "I'm bored, what are you all doing" thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lozza, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm getting ready for work, about to enjoy the last blat in the SV6 I hired fomr xmas.

Many of you are seeing Golden Compass.
    Lozza may/may not be bored still.

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm bored. I've done everything I can feasibly do with one hand - and a little extra and now hsve nothing to do. I can't even game as it requires two hands...

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Loz's probably bored, I'm mildly so. Catching up on the work I was going to do yesterday, handing out payslips, and the highlight of the day so far as been accidentally bending the latch on the confidential filing cupboard so it can no longer close. Really should get someone to fix that... [face_whistling]

4. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Lozza's bored, I've got the GoobaFish Mining Co. Hard hat on.

5. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Loz. Bored. I'm eating a Hot Dog.

6. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Share CJ!

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I've just spent the last half hour photocopying some of my superhero sketches so I could painstakingly white-out all of the parts I shaded with black ink, so I could then re-photocopy them in order to re-outline them and photocopy them again so they were all on the same page *breathes* so I could colour them all in. Fun fun.

8. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Lozza may or may not be bored, I just finished watching Watership Down - very nice to finally see the prologue for the first time in approximately 15 years as our taped version begins after it. I was looking at the limited special features that the DVD has, and they have a small glossary of rabbit lingo. A nifty feature of course, but I can't help but feel a little irked as they got one or two of the definitions wrong. Hurmph. :p

Nevertheless, huzzah for the unsettling bunny movie.

9. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ...so you had a box of tissues too, right?
    :_|

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Not as such Goobs, this movie doesn't so much have me cry as it does star wide eyed in terror.

11. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm bored... Trying to force my way through a couple of work procedures :p what is everyone doing?

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Bored. Doing my usual, ie. filing. I seem to have gone from three piles of files down to two, so I guess that's promising. Waiting for 4:30 to come around so I can get the hell outta here.

13. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm about ready to curl up and go to sleep, what are you all doing???

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'm about to go and watch some World Poker Tour. That's how bored I am.

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Reading Firefly quotes. I guess I should be filing. Thinking about picking up some indian on the way home to accompany my Sam & Max playing. Mmmm. Yep, best be getting back to work. [face_whistling]

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Dumping an eclectic bunch of songs onto my MP3 player before going to the gym. Will Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" work in the same play list as Linda Eder's "Man of La Mancha"? Only time will tell. But I need other stuff to mix it up; as great as the Rubber Chicken Podcast is, there's only so much of it.

That's a big hint guys. Maybe you can call one of your future episodes "The Work Out Mix Special" or some such :p

I've also got to work out a system for naming the music files uniformly and see if there's a better program than the Creative Media Source Organiser. The only line I draw is that I refuse to use iTunes.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002

Hmm... well there's always the dreamy Sachin Tendulkar...

[image=http://www.sachin-tendulkar.net/images/Sachin-Tendulkar-Pic.jpg]

Or the new Captain, MS Dhoni.

[image=http://cricketnow.in/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/mahendra-singh-dhoni.jpg]

...what?
    :confused:

[face_blush]

18. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    [face_shame_on_you][Babu Bhat]You Are A Wery Bahd Man![/Babu Bhat][face_shame_on_you]
    [face_laugh]

19. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Goobs, I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just roll my eyes at that one... Mind you this early in the morning who can blame me for being unable to make up my mind.

I'm bored... I'm getting on a plane in an hour or so... :p

20. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Lozz's probably bored, but asleep. I do seem to be the only awake on this Monday off apart from those at work..so yeah I'm bored too, trying to think of a cool way not to waste the day.. movie, shopping, somthing cultural..pub?

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm bored, actually would be more accurate to say I'm barely awake.
    I'm moving desk as soon as I'm done with my coffee. Just a pity that that one is just as messy as this one :p

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Lozza's bored, and I'm laid up with the flu watching season one Stargate: SG-1. Holy Crap, some of these early episodes are just bad.

I'm contemplating having to draft a document similiar to my Buffy/Angel Crossover list to work out the right order of episodes once Stargate: Atlantis kicks in during SG-1's eighth season. Basing it on original US airing date always seems most feasible, but that means actually having to check the air date for each bleeding episode. Why hasn't a fan as pedantic as myself already drafted such a document?? Fine, more work for me... :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, Magnus, Stargate begins finding its stride around the end of the first season. The climax and cliffhanger there are pretty cool. And once it hits the third or fourth it's rocking along very nicely and is very comfortable in its groove.

As for the Atlantis\SG-1 interplay... It's not a hugely big deal, as there's very little genuine crossover. The end of season 7 of SG-1 leads into the opening of season 1 of Atlantis, though there's obviously a good few months of time in between them. Season 1 of Atlantis and 8 of SG-1 go parallel to the point where watching order doesn't really matter at all until right at the very end where they weave back together. From memory I'd say you want to watch the SG-1 season 8 finale just before you hit the build-up to Atlantis season 1's climax, (though "Letters from Pegasus" has to come just before the climax of season 8) because although there's not all that much time in between them, there has to be at the very least a few days. No spoilers on the events of those episodes, but you'll see what I mean. Beyond that, there's very little overlap at all. Season 9 of SG-1 kicks off a good several months after the start of Atlantis season 2, but there's no overlap after that that I can recall. In season 10/3 there's a genuine crossover episode, but the timing of that can go basically anywhere. And season 4 of Atlantis takes place after The Ark of Truth (the new DVD movie winding up the Ori storyline from seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1, and which is quite good, overall), and prior to Continuum (the second SG-1 DVD movie, coming out later this year). I think that about sums it up.

And damn, that was a bit of a tangent. Sorry, guys. You know not to get me started on fictional timelines, or at least you SHOULD. :p

In other words: I'm bored, so I'm getting my nerd on. :p

24. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    ... gotten engaged

... "permanent" employee

... week holiday in Fiji

... re-reading SW collection on train commute

... steady but slowish progress on the sabre front

... not booting up desktop PC much, FFForum bookmark not getting many hits, usually just a quick check for earth-shattering news

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    There's a reasonable possibility that Lozza is bored, and I'm seriously wondering whether dying my hair a vivid and unnatural colour will cause too much unrest at work. [face_thinking]

Also filing. I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.