main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The IMAX EVENT

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The more the merrier! (I say this like I'm in charge....)

2. 501LegionQM

501LegionQM Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Hey gang!

Ward Poole, XO of the MD Squad, 501st, is already attending the DC IMAX, but he didn't say which day, or how many troopers will be w/ him.

Anyone wanting to join us in Richmond, in costume, on Nov. 1 from 4 pm onward for the 9:30 show, please contact, me at cricket@patriot.net.

I can give you more info about it too.

Cricket/TK813
    XO Garrison Tyranus, 501st Legion

3. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    If we're still trying to get to the magic number 20 for Friday night and discount tickets, I've managed to convince at least 3 more suck... I mean, friends to join us. I'm still waiting to hear from a few more.

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    So whats going on for the Saturday IMAX line, anything new?

5. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am going to be at the 6PM showing dressed in costume. Is there a place where we want to meet? That is if anybody else is going to be there. I may stay and watch it again at 8PM if there are still tickets.

6. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I can't make it in time for the 6 pm showing on Friday, but I was planning on the 8:15 show - and if we are getting the discount tickets, then I can bring at least 4 others besides myself and Ken. Do we have any idea what we are doing about the tickets yet? Or has the idea of going as a group just gone away and should we just get our tickets on our own? If that's the case, we'll meet up with anyone who's there, if interested.

7. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    so who is all going on Saturday? I'm not dressing up if no one else is.

8. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    I'm going on Saturday, but im not dressing up.

9. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well since the group idea has been lost, I'm definitely going Saturday, although I too will not bedressed fr the occassion

10. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll definitely be there this Friday for the 6pm showing, in costume. To those who are going to this showing, how early are you guys getting in line?
    Hope to see some of you down there!

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    sha and I hope to be there by 5

12. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm planning on going to the Friday @ 6 showing, too. I'm arranging means to get there. I don't have a costume, but I'll probably wear a SW shirt.

13. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    have you guys bought tickets for the Friday night shows yet ? I am too late ?

can someone give me a URL of the IMAX showing it in DC - I'm having trouble.

sorry, I'm foreign

malkie

14. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I haven't bought tickets yet. Actually, I was planning on buying them friday before the show.

15. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I would like to go either Friday or Saturday, but there is nothing on their website. What are times and dates of showings and how do we get tickets? Can someone post a link to information? :confused:

I called to get a ticket and the people on the phone told me that it wasn't scheduled to be shown this weekend. :confused:

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, the movie times as posted by Dark_Jedi_Kam at the satrt of this thread, are as follows:

Friday Nov. 1: 6:00 pm, 8:15 pm
    Saturday Nov. 2: 4:00 pm

17. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Johnson IMAX has nothing on their website about showing ATOC :(

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I just checked the website and they are listing the following:

"Friday and Saturday evenings only:
    6:00 and 8:15 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience"

Now it does not list the 4pm Saturdy show. So you guys going to see it on Saturday may have to alter your schedules.

Check it out here.

19. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    perfect :) gotcha now !

Tim - do you have a complete list of who is going to the different showings ?

Has anyone bough tickets yet, or do we just buy them on the door ?

malkie

20. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Dear Richmond Folks,

Eugenia and I are not allowed to go to Richmond, which we like to call The Hellmouth.

Every time we have attempted to enter this dread zone of despair, we have been mocked by the gods. Even without crazy people shooting and stopping all traffic on I-95, mere DC traffic can generate a substantially similar effect.

However, those of us in Northern VA should think about a return to the IMAX up here, even if we can't get a big group, just to enjoy the movie.

21. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks Mutt. :) Anybody know if I can get tickets on line and if I can use my Smithsonian membership to get a discount? The person on the phone is no help what-so-ever.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Isbeth,

I don't think that the Natural History Museum sells tickets online. I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing anything about it when I looked up the showtimes. So you'll have to stand in line with the rest of us then. I also don't know if they'll give a discount to Smithsonian members for IMAX films. Do they at NASM???

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I don't know about a list of who's going when on Friday night, but I get the impression lots are going at 6 pm. Ken and i, however, are going at 8:15. If late-show moviegoers want to meet up, let me know, and we'll pick a spot to meet.

I'm pretty sure you don't get a discount on tickets through a Smithsonian membership - I could never find anything that said there was a discount for IMAX at least, and they're pretty thorough in listing discounts.

24. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    So who all is going saturday? Ill be there wearing just my normal t-shirts and stuff, no costume.

25. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    My understanding is that you can only get tickets at the door. I don't think they're selling any in advance on-line. A friend of mine who works in town picked up several tickets yesterday, and I believe she said she may have two extra. This would be for the 6PM showing on Friday. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll confirm whether or not she still has them. You can email me at:
    darcrowskellstar@hotmail.com.

See ya'
    Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.