main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The IMAX EVENT

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Mutt, yes they do, but I think only with NASM membership, I've never seen an IMAX at Johnson Wax. (BTW, in case you wish to see the helicopter IMAX, my membership runs out in January, but usually somebody gives me a renewal for Xmas.) :) Also, does anyone know if this is the only weekend they will run clones? :confused:

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Stateless told me it's running until January.

3. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am definitly going to the 6PM showing in costume on Friday and i plan at this time to maybe stay for the 8:15 showing. I am going to be in front of the meuseum at about 5PM I will have my black cloak on. I was able to purchase my ticket at the meuseum on Saturday. They cannot be purchased online.
    I talked to security and they said it was alright to wear your saber if it is part of your costume but purses and back packs will be searched. I think any one going to the 6 PM showing could all meet either in front on the steps of the meuseum or just inside the doors. What does everyone think?
    By the way the regular price for the tickets is $7.50.

4. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Actually, we changed our days, so my hubby and I will be going on Saturday at the 8:15? showing. Who else is going at that time? Tell me what's up and maybe we could have some people we can sit with. He might go up there this week during the day to purchase tickets ahead of time.

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    whatever time most people are going on Saturday is fine with me, just give me the time.

6. KYZELL

KYZELL Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Are you all buying tickets ahead of time, or when you get to the theatre?

7. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Well, everytime I click on the imax listing, I see Saturday at 8:15 pm. (not at 4) Dress up in something warm guys it's gonna be around 40 degrees out. That's actually a nice temperature for wearing costumes, but we're not going in costume, cause it's no fun unless we're definately there with a whole bunch of people waiting in line for tickets. We are going to purchase tickets there, we didn't want to have to travel to DC twice. I don't know what the place looks like, so I don't know where to meet people if we all wanna sit together. I could hold up a 501/fanforce sign... at 8:05 or something, if they haven't already seated everyone. That way I could put alias's to faces... Any ideas?

8. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I'll be at the 6:00 showing, so i can get home sometime that night. So I'll be at that one if anyone wants to meet me there.

9. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Man, I didn't think about it letting out late on saturday. Ok, so how can we recognize you at-at? We'll probably go to the 6:00 showing then. One of our 501 friends is going at that time too, so...we've been persuaded :) I'll be the one with a sign. 501/fanforce. See ya there.

10. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I want to go...

11. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Anyone going to the Friday nite show at 8:15 can meet Ken and me at the theater - I don't know if we'll be costumed, but we're easy to find generally.

12. darthferret

darthferret Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    Ok, this is what I've got:
    Heading to the Friday, 6pm show. If you're going in groups of 20 or more, you can call and order tickets over the phone. Otherwise, you have to buy them in person for $7.50 a piece. Spoke with the girl behind the desk yesterday and she said the Friday, 6pm show was selling out quickly. If you want to get your tickets, now's really the time to do so. Have a friend or loved one in the area swing over and you may be able to buy them today.

Methinks this will be a spectacle. Honestly, I'd dress up if I could. Yes, I've felt a little odd about dressing up and being the only one in costume, despite my usual suave social prowess, but it's the day after Halloween and it's Star Wars. These are movies we love and if you love something, you should go all out for it.

Anyway, will be the tall, lanky geek in line with the anime shirt, green cargo pants and Doc Martens simply based on the fact that I don't have a good costume to speak of. Throw something blunt at my skull to get my attention and say hi.

Chris Barylick
    Darth Ferret
    AIM: PoingFerret

13. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am going to the 6 PM showing on Friday.I will be dressed as a Jedi in Blue and i will be wearing a black cloak. I will see you in front at about 5PM I already have my ticket.
    Since i am sitting at this computer dressed as a Jedi i shouldn't have problems tomarrow.I just got in from a night out with other costumed party goers. The band was bad so we left early. i think the show will be great tomarow I can'twait!

14. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Someone who is going tonight better take some pictures of everyone so we can put them on the website! Do it or else! ;)

15. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    yes pictures. take lots of pictures.

16. Yoda_Youngling

Yoda_Youngling Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    I've noticed something strange. The Johnson IMAX Theater website seems to state that for both Friday and Saturday night the showtimes are 6:00pm and 8:15pm. However, when I purchased my ticket the lady at the box office said the only time she saw for Saturday was 4:00pm. Has anyone actually purchased tickets for a later showing on Saturday?

17. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    I asked the guy at the box office today for tomorrow's showtimes and he said 4pm, so that's what I bought. Seems to be the only show? ?[face_plain] Anyway, I'll be there today at 6pm, too! :p

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well I hope everyone who's going tomorrow knows that it's at 4pm! Why can't they get their website correct? Grrr. Thanks for letting us know!

19. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The sign at the IMAX says it's showing at 8:15 on Saturday, but they could be lying.

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well somebody somewhere at the IMAX is lying, that's for sure!

21. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Ok, I am ticked. We showed up at 6:eek:o with a 501/fanforce sign and they said every thing was sold out. He made no mention of the 8:15 showing. I wish they would've gotten everything straight. No tickets, so, the four of us just went to friday's.

22. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    My friend and I got lost, so we didn't make the 6 showing either. But we do still want to go. Maybe we can all plan another day to go.

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm planning to go on the 23rd. I know that's a ways off, but SB can't make it this weekend and the 16th is our meeting/DVD party. (And Fridays are a big no for me...) So anyway, maybe a lot of us can plan to go that day. By then maybe the museum people will know what the heck is going on...

24. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    yes hopefully I will make it to the 23rd...I really want to see it.

25. Jan lo

Jan lo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 1998
    I think I'd like to join you for the 23rd. I was up in NY for the premiere, and didn't get to see much of the movie. Will you guys run and hide if I show up in costume? (Before you say "no, of course not" - beware: it's rebel pilot orange. ;) )

So - should we plan on 4:00 or is there another showing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.