main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA The IMAX thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    We should all pick a weekend night and meet at the science center as a group. Perhaps if those of you who have a costume would wear it, you could get a discount. Maybe do something in conjunction with the science center on opening night?

2. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Sounds good to me! Anyone know when it's going to be there?

3. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Long time no post

i emailed the Science center and im gonna call them tomorrow.. im going to the bucos game so im mght stop and talk to like a service rep... im definitly dressing up in my jedi robes and the whole spiel. This has been my dream film ever since i saw my first IMAX film. i have family in boston so if they dont ahve it here ill be up there... the Sci Center better ahve it though this is my dream!

gohan

4. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Hey DG glad to see ya,come on over to a meeting so we can see ya.
    I thought I'd remembered reading on the Official site that it was being released around November.

5. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    :D
    Whitney's fetish for SW and IMAX theatres will finally come to a high point!

6. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    Just got my email back from the Omnimax dept. at Carnegie(been back and forth trying to get a QUALIFIED answer for a few days).

The email simply stated that they won't be showing it due to technicalities with the run time. Now, this is interesting because there are reports from other sources that supposedly IMAX/Lucasfilm is working on shaving about 23 min. off the film to make it "fit"....or something like that.???????

I guess I'm left wondering that IF the change is universally made, then would it be able to be shown at the science center. hmmmm. So many questions.

Anyhow, that's the latest on my end! Anyone else?

7. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    Also, sorry Bom bad Boy ;^) saw your thread also, I did the same after not seeing IMAX in the subject header.

hehe, lots of threads on this subject....anyhow, I got almost the exact email you posted, with a little extra fluff in the beginning:

"We're sorry we are not going to show AOTC- the movie everyone wants to see, and the movie that we will actually be able to sell tickets to, but come see our crappy Elephants movie-it's almost as bad as the old movies you used to fall asleep to in school.......only bigger"

8. Darth_Gohan

Dec 6, 2000
    haha yup, i got the same exact message today.. what a load of crap.. hey if they dont want my money ill give it to someone else

9. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmmm...does this mean the road trip is back on?

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    According to imax.com, there are three theater types for IMAX movies. Regular IMAX and IMAX 3d involve a giant, but flat screen and the other, IMAX Dome is the type that the science senter has. My question is, what type will AotC be made for?

11. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    ROAD TRIP!!!!! lol.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Fear not, things are in the works. You must learn patience young ones.

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Damn impatient padawans.

14. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    unfortunately, my master has probably already made a trial for patience on my part.
    Patience is my one weakness. :p
    (prays no sith try and use the knowledge to their advantage... I'm a good padawan.. :)

15. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    You should ahve kept your mouth shut wiht the weaknees, I love the dark side its the best side good sucks

16. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    ...and you WILL learn your place young one...

17. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    (starts to sob..)

The light side doesn't stink!! (sniffles)

18. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I really hope it comes to Pittsburgh. I've been looking for an excuse to go out in public dressed in my Jedi robes and sporting my lightsaber. ;)

19. Darth_Gohan

Dec 6, 2000
    hahaha true true... i havent busted out my robes since the AOTC premire... ( got on the news lightsaber fighting at Destinta) :) i really hope it doesnt come out on the flat screen.... that would kinda stink.... do you think they are all compatible?? my sister who used to post as oolatweilik moved to boston so ill probably be up there for the premire if it doesnt come here

Gohan

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Is the Dark Side more powerful?

No. Quicker, easier . . . suckier.

Lightsiders are far, far cooler.

21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    OK guys here is what I need from you. How many of you can be there for opening noght in costume if we are getting this? I figure on atleast 8 of us? This could really be big, we never had a chance to do a big opening day thing when Clones first hit theaters. This is our shot. If we do get this I will be entending an invitation to closer chapters like Cleveland and DC to join us as well. If you don't have a costume we could and get one together for you ASAP if you have the money to get one together.

22. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'd definitely come in costume for the opening, and I'm sure Noble Kale will too if he's not working that day too, so you'll have two Imperial Guards. :)

23. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey, if it's in the evening and I dont' have to work that night, I'll be there as a Jedi. Maybe I'll use the Force to coerce my brother into going in costume as well...

24. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    If it's the one in pittsburgh, I should be able to go, however..

I will need a better costume than the one I have now. :p

25. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Definitely count me in as long as I don't have to work that night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.