main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Knights Fan Club - Discussing Legacy -- War!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 4, 2007.

1. HalloWaru

HalloWaru Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2006
    It's from last year. I just fixed my profile so as to not give away the answer to the sig. :p

2. s65scary

s65scary Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2007
    I cheated. [face_blush]

3. HalloWaru

HalloWaru Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2006
    You did! Well, you can't, now. I have a new Sith name, too. Latin rules in this arena.

4. s65scary

s65scary Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2007
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh joyous, another Jello clone. :p

Anywho, his Majesty decree's all read the new Legacy! Just not before me, because I have to wait a extra day to get it thanks to my country. :p

Night, y'all.

*accepts your bows*

6. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Eurgh, not ANOTHER thing for me to spend my hard earned pennies on.
    [face_frustrated]
    I want to read the new Legacy, but... But...
    *retreats to find the Shado thread*

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I still haven't got the new Legacy but I heard things will go bad. [face_worried]

8. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    My measure to join:

1. Which of the Imperial Knights are you a particular fan of? Seeing as how I just started reading Legacy, I would say Master Azlyn Rae. Her history with Cade, her indecision over which Order to belong to, it makes her an interesting character.

2. Why are you a fan of the Knights? For the Order's philosophy as stated by Ganner Krieg in Legacy #29. Allegiance to the Force above all but duty and allegiance to the Emperor as well. Also (apparently) as watchdogs so no Emperor becomes another Palpatine.

3. What issues of Legacy do you own? Issue #0, #26-29. I'd wanted to read Legacy when it first began because of it's concept and because Ostrander is one helluva writer. Alas, budget woes interceded at the time but since coming here, I'm committed to reading it after picking up the last couple of issues. See what one misses. :rolleyes:

4. Are the Imperial Knights here to stay? I should hope so. They offer a decidely distinct take for a group of Force-users. Also their philosophy seems to mirror that of a samurai's belief and that I love.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  10. Darkside Floyd

Sep 3, 2008
    Thanks.

Being new to Legacy, what exactly is the Imperial Knights' purpose? Are they more like the old Imperial Guard in that they only protect the Emperor or do they go on missions/adventures for the Emperor?

11. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Generally speaking, they do whatever the Emperor tells them to do. :p

Could be described as a mix of bodyguards and special agents, I suppose.

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Welcome to the boards YT-2400, and to the fanclub. :D The IK's and Fel Dynasty have absolutely taken Star Wars by storm, and there is alot interest in both.

In regards to your last question the answer is both. But here is the official site for the Knights on the Wook...it answers your questions more eloquently than I ever could.

Be warned there are spoilers up to Legacy 29 on this page!
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight

Now for the rest of it.

1. Which of the Imperial Knights are you a particular fan of?

Draco! Draco! And, yes,....Draco! [face_love] I find him fascinating, I can't quite say why but I have since the begining when I read Legacy 0. I'm also really fond of Sigel Dare, she is everything a female Force user should be...tough, devoted and takes NO crap.

Seeing as how I just started reading Legacy, I would say Master Azlyn Rae. Her history with Cade, her indecision over which Order to belong to, it makes her an interesting character.

I like Azlyn, and I agree that her history with Skywalker brings a whole new dynamic to the story. However, after Legacy 29, I'm fearful of some other confilicts that she seems to be creating.

2. Why are you a fan of the Knights?

Quite simply...because they're badass. I could go into more tactical reasons, but in the end that sums it up.

For the Order's philosophy as stated by Ganner Krieg in Legacy #29. Allegiance to the Force above all but duty and allegiance to the Emperor as well. Also (apparently) as watchdogs so no Emperor becomes another Palpatine.

Oh, my...how I love Legacy 29...[face_love] I'll have more on that later. But, yes, I agree with Ganner.

3. What issues of Legacy do you own?

All of them. I typically buy two copies of the issues that feature Roan, Sia and Antares, because I'll read them until they come apart.

I'd wanted to read Legacy when it first began because of it's concept and because Ostrander is one helluva writer.

Thats the general agreement.

Alas, budget woes interceded at the time but since coming here, I'm committed to reading it after picking up the last couple of issues. See what one misses. :rolleyes:

*nods* You might try picking up TPB's if you can find them, that may help in the finance department. :)

4. Are the Imperial Knights here to stay? I should hope so. They offer a decidely distinct take for a group of Force-users.

I certainly hope so. The Fel Dynasty and the Knights are a commercial hit, IMHO it would be silly and bad business to 'off' any of them.

Also their philosophy seems to mirror that of a samurai's belief and that I love.

Interesting observation, I'll have to think on it. [face_thinking][face_peace]

I'll have more thoughts on Legacy 29 when the spoiler period is over. I don't mess with the highlighting, because it gives me a headache. :( However, I will say that Legacy 29 dispells once and for all the heresy that Emperor Fel is..."fat", "chubby", or "soft in the middle"....I mean....damn! [face_love]=P~ Watch out Cade, your ultimate Legacy hottie status may be slipping. [face_mischief] [face_love]

Later,
    Piper :)

13. Darkside Floyd

Sep 3, 2008
    Speaking of TPBs, I just ordered Broken, the first Legacy TPB. So I'll be caught up rather soon (I hope)

Interesting Wiki article. There's a limited number of them at a given time? I hope they delve into how one qualifies to become an IK soon. I wonder how many former Jedi have filled their ranks.

14. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think it's set in stone that there are only a certain number of IK's at any given time. My personal opinion on the reason there numbers appear to be so much smaller than the Jedi is because their purpose is very different. Instead of guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy they are guardians for the Fel family, sort of like a secret service detail of sorts.

What we know about them in 137 aby is that they tend to be young (appear to be under 30) and a great many of them are female! [face_dancing] :D

15. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    And hotties to boot. [face_dancing][face_love]

16. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I'd like to be the Legacy TPBs.

17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Great many of them? o_O

18. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Relatively speaking, ;)

Elke
    Sia
    Sigel
    Azlyn
    The unnamed hottie Fel was sparring with

Compared to
    Ganner
    'Tares
    Snide

My point is the ratio is slightly in their favor for the limited number of named knights that we've been introduced to.

Something else that has caught my attention is that(so far)they have all been human. I just find that odd given as though the Felpire has allowed aliens to serve in it. Maybe, there is another standard for the knights. [face_thinking]

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Named Knights?

Male: Roan, Sinde, Ganner, Antares, Mohrgan
    Female: Sigel, Marasiah, Elke, Azlyn

:p

20. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I said in 137 aby..:p Mohrgan is dead! :p And besides he was a Fel, so I seriously doubt he was 'recruited'. :*

And I don't count Ro because he is the Emperor, of course he's male! :p

I just counted the rank and file, of which, Sia is techinically one of.

21. Darkside Floyd

Sep 3, 2008
    There's nothing wrong with a gorgeous girl in hot red armor that can slice you in half with a silver lightsaber. The more dangerous, the better. :D:p

So do the IKs make as concentrated effort in studying the Force as the Jedi or are they simply users?

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Users, by the sound of it. Some sources suggest they aren't adverse to using the dark side, which certainly suggests that they're willing to dabble, however.

23. Darkside Floyd

Sep 3, 2008
    I'm almost through reading Broken. Great stuff, though in this beginning, Krayt's Sith seem to be kicking a lot of IK butt. I would have liked to seen more of the battle between Darth Talon and Elke Vetter. I feel as if the Knight who's training the Emperor's daughter shouldn't go down within two panels. ;)

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, if it helps, later onwards, the Imperial Knights do very well against the Sith. ;)

25. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Gee thanks for ruining it for me.