main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Knights Fan Club - Discussing Legacy -- War!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 4, 2007.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I really need to catch up on the comics...

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah, its weird that you're an EU mod who doesn't keep up with the EU. :p

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I used to! For about 12 years, I would jump on any new EU product. But now it's just wearisome.

Thankfully, as in all things, I can just live in the past. :p

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We just had five new IKs, if that's a consolation for anyone who still cares. :p

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    We're up to...what, twenty named and unnamed now?

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I didn't think we had that many, but expanding the IKs this much is somewhat strange, considering the Jedi.

7. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I wouldn't mind seeing a list of names. Does Wookiee have one?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Imperial Knights.

18 IKs, half unnamed, methinks, a third introduced in the last issue(!)

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    An IKliscious issue? I *really* need to bring myself up to date on Legacy.

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Anyone out there updating themselves on Legacy? #50 came out yesterday and it was a big issue for the IK's!

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am! Bloomin' awesome stuff. More psyched about the Sith elements, mind you, but the Imperial Knights revelations/twists/shocks are beautiful... but I was spoiled for the death... :(

Accidental, more than anything, but what can you do. :(

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    lurks with extreeme interest.

13. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello everyone.

With Legacy wrapping up last month and the six issue sequel series Legacy - War starting in December; I thought I would post some tid-bits given by Jan and John about our brave men and women who wear the Empire's crimson armor. These are some of the authors' thoughts about the role of the Felpire in the upcoming series. Please, read them over and let everyone know what you think. :)

I have some ideas, I'll let someone else start and then chime in myself.

~Piper

***Warning! There are some spoilers for Legacy 50 and possible plot details for Legacy - War below! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED DO NOT READ FURTHER!***

OSTRANDER:There are alliances and betrayals on all sides. Krayt, because of his experiences, has a new vision of the galaxy ? or of how to accomplish his overall goal -- that is frightening. Cade also has a vision of a final shattering conflict that could leave him dead ? or inalterably changed. He won?t be the only one tempted by the dark side. Characters all over the story will have to make final, possibly fatal, decisions. The status quo at the beginning will NOT be the status quo at the end. I?m not promising a happy ending for anyone here.

DUURSEMA: The first issue throws us right into the thick of things. Be ready for a major Sith battle in issue one. Major.

Cade Skywalker is more sober, focused and driven. The party is over. There is no more running and hiding. Destiny has bit him with sharp pointy teeth. Like Krayt, he has had a Force-fueled vision and it is pulling at him to make some hard decisions that put his own life in the balance. Did I mention that there will be strange alliances and terrible choices to be made by those who wear the Emperor's crimson armor.

MTV: Will we continue seeing nods that help fill in the blanks in the "Star Wars" timeline between the most recent novels and the start of Legacy? One example being the revelation of Roan Fel as Emperor, and a Jedi no less, which at least suggests that Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo eventually settle down to build a family in the Empire.

DUURSEMA: I can think of at least one nod to one of the Fel's bloodlines in this series that will generate some interesting rumors. We've never actually stated that Jagged and Jaina are the definitive progenitors of the Imperial Fel's?though that is a fair possibility...

OSTRANDER: Those happen organically ? within the story as the story demands. We?re bringing "Legacy" to a climax and that?s our main focus. The nods or ?easter eggs? will or won?t happen as the story demands

MTV: Which character(s) are you most looking forward to further developing? Who do you see as having the most interesting arc for die-hard fans to keep a close eye on?

DUURSEMA: Cade has gone through some interesting development by the end of issue 50 and the repercussions of that are seen in "Legacy?War." Emperor Roan Fel has a significant arc in this?as does Imperial Knight Master Antares Draco. Bantha Rawk (Cade's uncle Nat Skywalker) makes a difficult decision about his life and destiny as well.

And here is something from John/Jan from an an interview with Newsarama sometime in June of this year. It doesn?t relate to War but I loved his comment on Sia and thought I would share. [face_love]

Newsarama: What can readers look forward to in these final issues of Star Wars: Legacy?

John Ostrander: Well, let?s see. Her Imperial Highness (or Hotness) Princess Mariasiah Fel [face_love] is a prisoner of the Sith.The Sith scientist, Vul Isen, is planning to poison another planet (or two). He?s already killed off the Mon Calamari?s home planet, Dac. Darth Krayt?s body has gone missing. So that needs to be addressed. An assassin is stalking Gar Stazi, the leader of what?s left of the Galactic Alliance. And Cade and Company are killing as many Sith as they can lay their hands on. Other than that, nothing much.

[b

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Does this count the white Treis Sinde as a seperate Knight or include him as the author intended?:p

15. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Seeing John adding that certain bit in the interview makes me happy. :D

While I always enjoyed the IKs appearances, especially Gazlyn, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of non-humans among their ranks. Sure there was Eshkar Niin who went Sith, but I was hoping for more, like one or two among the lot in Monster.

I'm not fully certain Antares is dead. Probably near-death to the point the others couldn't sense him. After all, Tholme did this sort of thing a lot back in the Clone Wars. Would also like see more of Havok's past, mainly the details of murdering Roan's wife.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Inclusive. ;)

17. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Me to. :)

I love what Azlyn brings to the Imperial Knights. She was once a Jedi, but yet finds her morals compatible with the IKs, it proves they are for the most part from the same Force fabric.

Niin is odd, everything about him. The only known nonhuman member of the Order goes Sith? Someone said it over in Lit., the whole thing sounds like a inside plant gone bad. If it was, when was he planted, before the war with the GA? If so, that opens up a whole other round of questions.

Agreed. [face_peace] First, I think we would have seen something more definitive if he were dead. Because sometimes when Ostrander hits a character with Force lightning they die, sometimes they don't. Second, story wise it doesn't make any sense to set Sia up and march Draco to Korriban just to kill him.

I think he's alive after #50 but will die doing something profound to help win the war. Looking back on it, Draco seems to have been set up for death since the begining.[face_tired] :( We were told in Legacy 0, that Antares would die for the Emperor. That is not explicitly stated about any other IK, even though it's the foremost part of their creed.

Something else that could happen is that he'll turn Sith and Marasiah will believe him to be dead for years. The tough choices forced on the Imperial Knights could, in the end, be Draco's. The choice to turn or not to turn.

I hope he at least sees Sia again and gets his kiss, which was so conspicuously absent when they last saw each other. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll be okay, but I typically don't get what I want out of the SW EU. :p

Yeah. [face_plain] The thing is, there are only six issues and they have to resolve a seven year war. I don't know how much of the past we'll get in such a limited amount of time. But, yes, that whole story line with Niin murdering Roan's wife and the subsequent battle with Draco begs to be told.

18. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    True, and I?m also curious if there?s any development in the relationship between her and Ganner. He still has some feelings for her after she wound up in the Vaderette armor, but it looks like she continues to view him as just a friend and fellow IK. Speaking of her armor, the improvements by Hogrum Chalk made at least the helmet unnecessary. Wonder if, in due time, Azlyn could be recovered to the point she doesn?t need any life-support technology latched on.

Which is why I?m hoping that a new ongoing series by John?n?Jan is in the works to continue their stories. :)

As I?ve mentioned before, I was disappointed in the lack of non-humans among the Imperial Knights. Prior to Darth Havok?s reveal, I took some spare IK minis and gave them a new facial. May not be much, but here be my alien IKs. :)

Chiss

Falleen

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Anyone care who I vote for in the Senate election?

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes!

:p

I second the love to Azyln Rae. A former Jedi Padawan turned Imperial Knight, formerly the sweetheart of Cade Skywalker... and then Ganner... :( I do love the greatly crafted and conflicted characters that Legacy throws at us. I wonder how Azlyn and Ganner will do in War?

21. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I don?t know with Azlyn and Ganner, we only saw them together once after Had Abbandon and they were sparring. But, I?m with you, I don?t think it?ll ever go anywhere, though I?m hopeful.

Azlyn is in love with Cade Skywalker, foolishly or not.

And you love who you love, even when it?s bad for you. Maybe, given enough time she?ll move on, I hope so. Krieg is a wonderful man and if she has a brain in her head she?ll realize that. [face_tired]

On her armor, Trace and I were talking about that not to long ago. :D I think, given proper care and enough time, maybe she can come off the life support. Trace, suggested cloned tissue, which I hadn?t thought of, but could definitely work.

*nods* I agree. These characters have become immensely popular, I hope they don?t drop them.

I?m in the minority who would like to see novels, so we can get that level of development for them. However, I totally see the other side and want DR kept far and away from these characters. The thing is, after War, one side will (presumably) be defeated with the other side not in much better shape. I hope we still have everyone but Krayt, Talon, Rauder, Havack, Veed and the Sith troopers.

That is my ?must die in Legacy War?, list. :p

Impressive! Most impressive!

For starters, I hope neither of them get the axe. [face_worried] IF not, I hope eventually, they?ll be happy, whether it?s together or not. [face_peace]

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey guys, the EUC Senate wants your input!

We are trying to get together some logos from the various clubs and groups in the EUC to create a new banner....so if you guys can work something out for the banner we'd be really grateful!

Go here to check out the thread about it!

23. You_know_me

You_know_me Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2010
    anybody else feels that Azlyns Vader suit situation was solved to easily?

24. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/600/17/17430.jpg]
    Legacy -- War #3

Release Date: February 23, 2011
    John Ostrander (B), Jan Duursema (P/Cover), Dan Parsons (I), (C) Brad Anderson
    FC 40 Pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries

While Emperor Krayt's forces strike at hundreds of targets across the galaxy without thought for their own losses, one place has remained safe: the hidden Jedi temple on Taivas. But that happens to be the one place Krayt most wants to annihilate--if he can locate it and learn the secrets of its defenses.

So, it's only a matter of time . . . and torture . . .

The Imperial Knight in the carbonite (hee, rhymes)...could it be who I think it is?

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It looks like it! :D Piper!