The Imperial Palace

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by generallee5, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. generallee5 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not expecting this 2 last long, but I just wan't 2 here the correct answer. Is the Imperial Palace the same tall building in ep.2 where palps office is?
  2. Darth_Finkle Jedi Master

star 4
  3. generallee5 Jedi Knight

star 3
    c'mon people, i'd like a response.
  4. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Imperial Palace isn't mentioned or shown anywhere in the films (so far) so any answer is going to be personal speculation or from an EU source.

Without starting a canon war, I think it's impossible to say where the Palace is. The Galactic Senate is still in existence during ANH so it's not the Senate building and I've always been under the impression that Senatorial offices would have to be located in the Senate building...right? ?[face_plain]
  5. generallee5 Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, the senate building is the big-domed building. I'm talking about the same building where palps office is, and where Padme is staying at the beginning of ep.2. But then that assasin droid comes. I'm not sure what building that is, thats why I think palps could have converted it into his palace. My suspicions were even more aroused when I saw the Red Royal Guards in the backround of Palpatine's office.
  6. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My personal take on it was that, yes, the Imperial Palace is the same in both trilogies - though I expect Palpatine to have done a lot of changes to its interior design when he became the self-proclaimed Emperor.

However, like DA said, I don't think the Imperial Palace was ever mentioned in the movies, so we can't really be sure.

Aunecah
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.