main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Stormtrooper's Tale (Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina), his solution to the discovery by a cadet that AT-ATs are dangerously vulnerable- is to have him transferred to the stormtroopers, and he doesn't seem to do anything about the problem.

Can't see Thrawn or Pellaeon approving of that sort of attitude.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    What problem though? The Walkers smash the rebels on Hoth and lose only one unit due to the "weakness". Considering how quickly Felth turned rebel sympathizer I don't think Veers instincts were too far off the mark. Considering that Thrawn regularly used AT AT's despite the weakness likely being common knowledge after Hoth show what valuable peices of military hardware they were.

Nevermind that the blind spots can be easily defended by smaller vehicles and ground troops. Veers is the one military commander in the OT to actually own a victory over the Rebels and I think that is something important to consider.

General Immodet likes this.
  3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Indeed! The Battle of Hoth was a great victory for the Empire, as well as a career boost for Veers.
    That is why I think it is odd we have not seem more of him in the post-ROTJ novels/comics.

I think every tank, aircract or spacecraft has its weaknesses.
    But still, the Rebels were not as well organized during the Galactic Civil War as they were after the return of the reborn Emperor.
    Many rebel bases and resistance groups probably did not have the right equipment and weaponary to destroy an AT-AT.
    And like Robimus said, AT-STs and Stormtroopers can be used to defend teh AT-ATs weak spots.
    I love the panel in Ahakista Gambit when AT-ATs are just tearing houses apart and making their way through the capital city.

Veers, Piett and Tarkin are probably the only Imperials (besides Vader and the Emperor) who really drew my attention when I first watched ANH, TESB and ROTJ.
    In the PT, we have villains like Nute Gunray, Poggle the Lesser or Grievous, but they never really awoke as much interest as the those three Imperials.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Veers was in Dark Empire but was killed i them I think?

5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    He was a competent, loyal Imperial. Everyone has faults of course.

Yes, he died due to Sedriss sending him on a Suicide Mission.

6. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Let's discuss the sectors and worlds of the 18ABY + Empire.

To me a cool aspect of both the Thrawn Duology & NJO was how much it fleshed out the Pellaeon Empire for us. Bastion, Borosk, Valc 7, Yaga Minor, Muunilinst, many more. NJO also gave us something of a map in which to try and fit other known Imperial worlds and sectors of the time in. I spent a lot of time trying to map out the 8 sector Empire back a long time ago :p

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You might also want to look up things in the Essential Atlas...

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    In the mid to late 90's(even up until a few years ago), when I was making my maps, there was no Essential Atlas.;)

But since you brought the Atlas up(insert shameless bragging here :p) Jason Fry & Daniel Wallace were kind enough to include a few names of TF.N users that talked with them and shot ideas at them over the years in the Galactic Cartogrpahy thread in Lit.[face_cowboy]

Mine is like 5 away from George Lucas's :p

[​IMG]

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    That is nice! I remember reading those names, but back then I was not a member of this forum yet.
    So, did you construct some maps all by yourself?

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    No, nothing so grand :p

I did toss some ideas into the discussion that did end up in the book, but they might well have ended up in the book anyway since everything I was talking about was based on rough existing information about what should be where on the galactic map.

Maps I made back before we had official maps in no way resemble the versions we eventually got.

I'm still lobbying to get an official staement about Kalee being part of the Remnant as well. It might be, it might not be :p

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Due to Sk'ar or just for fun? :)

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    A little of both. Kalee was suppost to be the world that Thrawn hammered because he couldn't understand their art, so I've been told it was part of a long since vanished hyperspace article. Then the map that appeared in the NJO order novels placed Kalee close to Bastion, Yaga Minor & Muunilinst - minus anything that could be considered a borderline.

Next Kalee ended up just outside the Empire, almost straddling the borderline when the Atlas came out - and is shown as right on the borderline in a few pictures. Also in the Guide to Warfare iirc. Of course the description in the Atlas is clear, which puts it in the unknown regions or Wildspace(one or the other, can't remember which).

Also Legacy gives us a Kaleesh stormtrooper. So in my head I thought it would be neat if Kalee was a part of the Empire, that the Empire recruited Stromtroopers there, that type of thing. All in all its just my hope to get it where I want it to be :p Fan cartography, nothing more.

13. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    Hello, all. I was just wondering how one might join the Remnant?

Robimus likes this.
  14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You can always ask Robimus...

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Eventually it seems that Oben rather than Kalee itself, was retconned into being the world Thrawn devastated:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaleesh–Imperial_conflict

which may have the advantage of making it easier to justify the Empire recruiting from Kalee in the Legacy era.

Robimus and General Immodet like this.
  16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love to read a comic about it... They should publish one about the conflict.

Robimus likes this.
  17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Consider yourself joined :)

What do you like best about our Empire?

18. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    The lore mostly. The characters, places, things like that. I'm one of those that consider the Empire a good goverment if it hadn't been run by a xenophobic tyrant.

Robimus likes this.
  19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Who are your favorite characters?

20. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    I'd regret it if I didn't say Jagged Fel, and obviously Pellaeon. And I quite like Sarreti.

Robimus likes this.
  21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    It is amazing how much love Sarreti gets considering his small amount of page time.

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    An EUC election is currently at hand.

This Club will recieve representation in the EUC Senate at 250 posts(I think), so we are very close. Just four posts to go!

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Very well. Only three posts to go!
    Some questions:
    -) Vitor Reige was appointed as head of state of the Imperial Remnant. So, when is Jagged Fel going to take matters into his own hands and become the Emperor of the Fel Empire? Will the authors keep postponing him becoming Emperor?
    -) How do you think Tur Phennir ended up serving the Confederation? I would have loved to have him seen serving the Remnant.
    -) Do you think Darksiders such as Tremayne totally renounced their loyality to the Imperial Remnant?

24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I do hope they get around to that:p I presume we haven't seen the last of Admiral Daala as the main antaganist in the Remnant as well. I kinda fear for Vitor's long term well being :p

It was kinda interesting to see him ending up there. I'll come with a more detailed theory later.

It is likely that Pellaeon wanted nothing to do with them. In general he had a distrust of Force users - some of that went away in the Vong war clearly, but it is tough to teach an old dog new tricks :p

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Do you think some Imperials protested against Pellaeon when he implemented the abolition of slavery?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.