main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Three notes:
    ) Pellaeon might have participated in a slavery operation, but he also was the one to abolish it in the Imperial Remnant Era.
    -) Rukh always played games with Pellaeon. Given the known nature of Noghri's, I would not like to be "threatened" by one either.
    -) Pellaeon appeared in an issue of the Republic comic series in which he works together with a Cerean Jedi. Perhaps, it would be interesting to link that to Pellaeon going along with Daala to attack Luke's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I return to the thread as a representative of the local Sith fan club, the New Sith Order, which is now under new leadership following it's withdrawal from the EUC Senate. I would invite you to participate in our discussions and also request that we may formally visit - our regimes have been linked at various times and although those partings have not always been pleasant, when we have been aligned we have been a force to be reckoned with.

For example, I think it would be enjoyable to discuss Sith influence on Imperial structures and designs, and also Imperial influences on our own Sith objectives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I echo, Sinre. Cushy is interested and respective of both Imperial and Sith elements and characters. :)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    These are amazing, generally.

6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel: It seems Lord Blackhole's fate has finally been known. Glad the writers managed to salvage a story from the Tales comic series.
    It will be interesting to re-read the story from a new perspective.

Sinrebirth: Cross-discussions between both threads may be held, but I would like to remind you that this thread is a "fanclub".
    This thread is not a role playing game or anything like it. Issues involving the Imperial Remnant can be duscussed, but I think the IR's godfather Robimus never intended it to be a "real" Empire. Still, I thank you for showing interest in the club.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You can remind me to your hearts content but having even a participant of these boards for a decade in November I do know the difference ;)

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    If people have no interest in joining your little senate roleplaying, then they should be free to stick to their own corners without having "In Character" requests solicited at them.

Anyhow, this is a discussion place for the Imperial Remnant, correct? Okay, then let me ask a question. The Fleet Junkies thread in Lit is really convoluted with every starship and it's manufacturer being discussed simultaneously, so I'll post here.

I've given up on reading anything past Legacy of the Force, but I'm still interested in the fleet capabilities of the Remnant during this time period and after. Stuff like the Turbulent Destroyer or the still unclassified Megador interests me. Are there any new ship designs that have been tossed around since my withdrawal from post ROTJ fiction?

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Darth_Zandalor: I believe we had a discussion going on about fleet and starships on page 5 of this thread. You might want to check it out.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Cool. The stuff about the AT-ATs was neat. There's always been a bunch of different points of contention about those Walkers. I read an article on The Escapist a few months ago that took a critical stance against their usage, and how the major weaknesses of the Walker design were indicative of the Empire as a whole (extremely powerful brute force approaches that were undone by precise surgical strikes against weak points)

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Empire kept on using AT-ATs until the Legacy era.

That might be correct, but AT-ATs proved to be successful in many major battles (such as the battle of Hoth).
    I think every vessel, starship, vehicle has a weakness.

Using bruter powerful force did proove to be effective in some situations in history.
    In other sitautions, it did proove to be very uneffective, to say the least.
    It all depends on in which context you decide to use it.

Mitth_Fisto and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I remember in that short story that Veers got the man who noticed the leg weakness demoted. But it's interesting to note that while he did overreact and get a critic removed from power, Veers still took steps to rectify the weakness, by using AT-STs to cover gaps in the line and provide close support for the walkers. Clever man, him.

AT-ATs are deceptively fast as well. Top speed of 60km/h on level terrain is impressive for something that big. It might be lumbering, but it takes long strides.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm vaguely aware the AT-AHT featured in Legacy not the AT-AT?

14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    The Hammerhead cruisers in The Old Repubilc aren't the same as the Hammerhead Cruisers in KOTOR either. Your point? It's a common design that was sound enough to survive for nearly two centuries.

15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The only Legacy arc I can recall at the moment in which an AT-AT appeared is War.

[​IMG]

Now, let's compare the picture above with picture bellow. The picture bellow is an AT-AHT while the picture above clearly shows us an AT-AT, or am I mistaken?
    That means the Krayt Empire still was using AT-ATs. So, some strategists did think the AT-AT was not outdated after all.

[​IMG]

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Intriguing. I missed that. Shame the Grand Moffs were so thoroughly decimated by the One Sith as we had some interesting characters.

General Immodet likes this.
  17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    What do you mean by "decimated"?

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Geist, Veed, Calixte, Fehlauur and two others whose names escape me right now.

By the end of that a fairly large chunk were dead or vanished.

19. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    The other two Legacy moffs were Moff Yage and Konrad Rus.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yage of the military and Rus of the Imperial Mission, quite

21. Fleet Admiral Ardiff

Fleet Admiral Ardiff Jedi Knight

Feb 16, 2014
    Might I be so bold as to use the occasion of my first (but hopefully far from last) post on these boards to express my delight and appreciation for this fangroup and to presumptuously request membership of said group?

Thank you.

22. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Who said you needed membership? I just started talking.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Indeed. Membership is participation. Although I have been given to lurk, especially as it has strolled into realms I merely find fascinating without truly knowing of them well enough to comment.

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Fleet Admiral Ardiff: Thank you very much for your appreciation! The godfather of this fanclub, Robimus, and myself have trying to make this thread a place where people can discuss issues about the Imperial Remnant. You are always more than welcome to post in this thread!

Darth_Zandalor: Your avatar confirms what you just posted... ;)

To come back to the Moff issue... We still have Fehlaaur, Rus, Calixte and Yage around after Legacy: War. Veed was killed because he "collaborated" with the Sith. Geist was killed because he was sort of double-crossed by the Sith. So, in the end most of the original members of the Moff Council still survived, although most of them will never return to duty.

By the way, since Geist "led" the ground assault on the Temple, he will probably have been the one who decided to use AT-ATs.
    Why we never saw an AT-AHT in Legacy remains a mystery to me...
    It also was fun to see some old starships being used by the members of the Hidden Temple.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Greetings to all fans of the Imperial Remnant!

I have made list of all prominent questions that have been posted in this thread ever since the fanclub was established.
    Please, post some more questions yourselves! I have an event coming up that will use those questions. Stay turned!

QUESTIONS:

-) The Essential Atlas clearly shows Kalee is not part of the Imperial Remnant. The planet is situated near the border of it. The Kaleesh, however, seem to have come to the attention of the Empire several times. Thrawn faced off against the Kaleesh during the Battle of Oben. Some fans speculate Thrawn also fought the Kaleesh on their homeplanet, but it has never been confirmed that really happened. A Kaleesh named Sk’ar later became a general in the Imperial Army, possibly due to Thrawn’s interference. So, shouldn’t Kalee be part of the Imperial Remnant?

-) How exactly was the relationship between the Imperial Remnant and the Corporate Sector. Ulric Tagge, a former Imperial general, still held a high position within the sector.

-) Will the Imperial Remnant appear in the Sequel Trilogy? What will be left of the IR lore after the release of the ST? The EU has moved away from characterizing Imperials as “bad guys”, but will the movies do the same?

-) How did the Imperial Mission came into existance? What happened to Konrad Rus and the Imperial Mission after War?

-) The AT-AT clearly has some weaknesses. Still, many prominent tacticians like Thrawn, Veers and Geist kept using it. The Empire kept using the AT-AT untill the Legacy Era. Did the AT-AT never become outdated? Why were newer models never used in Legacy?

-) Vitor Reige was appointed as head of state of the Imperial Remnant. So, when is Jagged Fel going to take matters into his own hands and become the Emperor of the Fel Empire? Will the authors keep postponing him becoming Emperor?

-) Pellaeon is portrayed differently by several authors (Zahn, Anderson, Traviss). Sometimes, he is shown to be quite fond of the ladies. What exactly was Pellaeon’s relarionship to Devis and Reige?

-) How did Tur Phennir end up serving the Confederation instead of the IR?

-) Pellaeon might have participated in a slavery operation, but he also was the one to abolish it in the Imperial Remnant Era. Therefore, some historians describe Pellaeon as the redeemer of the Empire.

-) The Rebel Alliance has many non-white human members while the Galactic Empire/Imperial Remnant has much less non-white members. Why so?

-) The Imperial Remnant had a very complex relationship with Force users. Pellaeon appeared in an issue of the Republic comic series in which he works together with a Cerean Jedi. Later on, he helped Daala attack Luke's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. After the establishment of the Imperial Remnant, Pellaeon and the IR leadership distanced themselves from Force users. Still, people like Maarek Stele and Miat Temm were still kept around. The Fel Empire relied heavily on Imperial Knights, also Force users.

Sinrebirth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.