main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I once read the novel, but sadly I do not remember that much about it. Actually, I rented it from a friend. So, I had to return it in time.
    Of course, I would love to read it once again, but there are so many novels I still want to read in my lifetime and I think I will just try to finish all the other books first. ;)

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I started with the EU in 1991 or so(limited stuff before that even) and have been onboard for almost every novel since, as well as many of the comics over the years.

If I had to start now, with hundreds of novels to read, I wouldn't see myself as being able to get through all the novels, comics and such that I did over the course of these past twenty plus years.

One of the great things that Specter sets up is the Pellaeon Empire, as I mentioned. This is where we first learned about the eight core sectors that made up the Empire, from Bastrion to Muunilinst to Yaga Minor. We even get a Pellaeon guided tour to each key world and the key persons on those worlds. We get to meet all eight Moff's, most only briefly, as well as tons of new officers.

Perhaps the book's biggest contribution to the Saga as a whole was Muunilinst. Zahn named it, nicknaming it "Moneyland" and called it the financial core of the Empire, stating how its long history dated back into the Old Republic. So from these origins we ended up with Muunilinst being inlcuded in the PT as home to the Intergalactic Banking Clan and a race of aliens named for the world.

Lots of cool historical stuff in the book.

General Immodet and Iron_lord like this.
  3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Zahn did some wonderful things. I think he has achieved what other SW authors will never be able to do.
    His novels have influenced so many other SW books and even the movies!
    He must have been so proud when some of the worlds he invented (such as Coruscant, Muunilinst and Abregado Rae) appeared on-screen in either the movies or one of the two TCW series.

There is one name I still remember from Spectre, namely Hort. He was a Moff in the council. Do not ask me why.

Robimus likes this.
  4. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Just taking them off the page we had Moffs:

Bemos
    Andray
    Hort
    Quillan
    Disra
    Sander
    Vered
    Edan

All of which are MIA in the NJO series :p Except Disra of course because we knew his fate. It's kinda a shame they never got followed up on in a better manner.

General Immodet likes this.
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I still hope they publish Crimon Empire 4 one day.
    Maybe they Kanos could be arrested by the IR for murdering Carivus.
    He would then have to face trial in an Imperial courtroom.
    The Moffs you just mentioned could come in handy!

Robimus likes this.
  6. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    They would have maybe a five year cusion before they were basically all replaced in the NJO. Or at least four of them were replaced for sure as we got to meet Saretti(replacing Disra), Flennic, Crowal and another that is skipping my mind right now iirc.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I always though Quille was Quillan, but I do think that Denning mentioned Quillan in FotJ.

We had a Moff Freyborn appear in NJO, too, for all of one scene.

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, Freyborn is who I forgot and couldn't bother to look up.

Quille as Quillan would have been nice.

It looks like Apocalypse is the book your thinking of Sinre, a good catch . I wasn't even thinking about him popping up there.

I had in my head that Flennic was the last old timer, interesting that Quillan snuck through as well.

I really enjoyed how much life Revelation breathed into the Moff Council, only to have Invincible backtrack a little(minus Lecersen). None the less that book gave us new names as well, which is always a good thing.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I really did enjoy the Council in Revelation - I loved the presentation of the Empire in LotF, generally.

Well, pre-Pellaeon.

The golden age of the Remnant from 19 ABY to 40 ABY.

10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I think Emperor Fel brought about the golden age of the IR.

11. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    To an extent, for sure. Pellaeon did expand the Empire from 8 Sectors to some thirty plus sectors without firing a shot which was a pretty worthwhile accomplishment. While Fel 1 is credited with beginning the "Victory Without War" movement, I'd say Pellaeon had that in full swing long before that without having it labelled.

It was clearly a stroke of some genius to include the clause in the Bastions Accords that allowed systems the free will to return to the Imperial fold if they so choosed.

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Imperial Mission was a great invention! It did show the IR were not just a bunch of old Moffs.

Robimus likes this.
  13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Conrad Rus needs a garden named after him, or something.

Have you been reading the new Legacy 2.0 General?

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, since I do not have a comic store close to my home, I have made an arrangement with the owners of a shop in Antwerp to keep collecting the newly published SW comics for a while untill I have time to come and pick them up. So, the first three issues are waiting for me, but I still have to go and get them!

Are you reading them? Are they good?

Robimus likes this.
  15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So far, after two issues, I think they are excellent.

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Konrad Rus is still out there. Maybe they could bring him back?
    If I remember correctly, that Chiss Moff is also still pretty much alive.

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Rus & Fehlaaur might be the only survivors left that we actually met from the Moff Council.

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    And Nyna Calixte of course, but she kind of defected.

I really think the Moff Council sometimes got too much attention and sometimes too little.
    In some story arcs, they were featured prominently while in others they just did not show up at all.
    At first, Ostrander and Duursema decided to focus on Veed, Calixte and Rus.
    Rus, however, soon became less important to the overall story than the other two characters.

When some members of the Council actually made an appearance in the third issue of Legacy: War, I war really suprised.
    When the wrote off Geist, I was even more suprised.
    Still, I would have liked it if they had shown Fehlaaur signing a peace treaty in the final issue.

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, I don't think they will welcome Nyna back :p

So Legacy has a lot of prominate female characters in the Empire. Who are the characters from the era covered by our club that kinda paved the way for these characters?

Certainly Arien Yage, but there were others. Moff Crowal, Miat Temm and Vana Dorja come to mind for me right away. We would also have to recognize Natasi Daala of course :p

Who am I missing? Who are your favorites?

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    One of my all-time Imperial favourites is Captain Brandei.
    After he appeared in the Thrawn Trilogy, they linked him with a background movie character that appeared in TESB.
    I very much liked that.

Not that it has anything to do with the Moff Council or anything.
    Actually, I must admit I forgot to post on this thread for some time now.

21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I didn't know about the ret-link to ESB, cool.

Brandei, being that he had a bio in the West End Games: Dark Force Rising Source Book is someone I always had a spot in my heart for. I don't know if they intentionally wrote him and Dorja to be polar opposites, but thats how he kinda always came across to me. Stuff like how Brandei likes Thrawn, but Dorja doesn't - How Dorja comes from a rich family in the core but Brandei comes from more humble beginnings in the outer rim, that type of stuff.

Glancing at the Wook, I see he has had a few other small roles over the years as well.

22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I am trying to remember if Zahn ever mentioned Veers in one of his novels. I thinks so, but I cannot remember how exactly he was mentioned.
    Actually, Zahn could have used Veers instead of Covell. If I remember correctly, Covell was present in the Battle of Hoth as well.
    Since Julian Glover is still alive, I would love it if they would bring him back in Episode 7...
    Veers was killed off in DE, but we never saw him die, did we?

One of my personal favourites was Commander Kratas in the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Veers got mentioned in that Stackpole/Zahn collaboration, in maybe Tales of the Empire, iirc - and I might not be. I know it has a scene with Thrawn being impressed with Veers and recommending him to Vader.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Side Trip is indeed in Tales From The Empire.

General Immodet and Robimus like this.
  25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    More Veers is never a bad thing. I think he would have fit well in the Pellaeon era Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.