main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Imperial Star Destoyer Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JacoMcCloud, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    For the people who wanted to do a little bit of fun....go here and we can continue it there.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Good day all.

I have been authorized by the EU Empire to offer you the chance to be a member of our Empire. The Empire will offer you increased authority and say than the Senate. If you do not wish to join, we will not challenge you. Please inform me privately of your decision. I await your decision

Thank you for the chance to extend this offer. :)

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Interesting offer from the EU Empire.

I believe Lord_Riven is not going to be on until tomorrow, so I would like to hear what he thinks about this.

Any suggestions guys? Which do you guys prefer?

4. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    we already decided against it in the Chiss fan club but given the fact we are fans of Imperial vessels it may be a good idea.

for an interesting discussion (not really im jsut bored) do you guys think that all Star Destroyers were the same, ie layout weapon emplacements etc.

i mean we already know that those Mon Cal Cruiser abominations are all different from one another so i ask you do you think a Grand Admiral ever thought hey i might refit my ship a little.

5. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    ROE good question!

I feel that each class had a different layout of weapons. But, IMO, with the uniformity of what Empires are, the answer is no. I think that every ship in a class had the same weapons emplacements.

6. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    thats the answer i came up with also, it would explain why snub fighters are so effective agaisnt our beloved vessels. plan the arcs of our turbolasers and a little ship like that can slip through :(

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    precisely....hence the exhaust vent in the trench!

8. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    For the person who asked

Ship Listing of SSD's from Tech Commentaries

Executor

Lord Vader's personal flagship, seen in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The first ship constructed in its class. Built under heavy security at the Kuat Drive Yards shipyards at Fondor, shortly after the Battle of Yavin, as seen in Classic STAR WARS comics. Destroyed after impaling the second Death Star at Endor when the battle station exploded.

Reaper

Flagship of Scourge Squadron, an elite group of star destroyers which was formed for Grand Moff Tarkin and commanded by Grand Moff Ardus Kaine subsequent to Tarkin's death. Flagship of Kaine's Pentastar Alignment Imperial faction at a time approximately three years after the Emperor's death. [STAR WARS Adventure Journal #3]. Kaine died during the Emperor's cloned return and was replaced by Admiral Pellaeon. At the Battle of Orinda destroyed the New Republic fleet carrier Endurance with all its fighters aboard. (This was history at the start of Before the Storm, but must have happened sufficiently late in New Republic history for the new government to have acquired or designed its own dedicated carrier vessels.) Lost while repelling a New Republic invasion of Moff Getelles' territory after Planet of Twilight. [STAR WARS Essential Chronology]

Terror

Admiral Sarn's command ship appearing in the Rebel Assault II computer game, which is set sometime before Return of the Jedi. Some story elements in these games don't mesh well with the movies, so the status of the Terror in the overall continuity is uncertain.

Guardian

Flagship of Fleet Admiral Gaen Drommel. Was stationed in the Core regions near Coruscant at the time of Return of the Jedi. Immediately after word of Palpatine's death was received the Guardian departed to Drommel's home sector as part of his efforts to establish a small personal empire.
    Severely damaged in a battle with New Republic forces which took place not more than three years after Return of the Jedi. Survived until at least three years after Return of the Jedi [described in Wanted by Cracken]. Captured by New Republic agents more than a decade later [SW Adventure Journal #15: Two for One].

Vengeance

Commanded by Admiral Senn in Airam sector sometime between the battles of Hoth and Endor.
    Destroyed by outgunned rebels in a concerted attack in one of the possible outcomes of Balance of Power; destroyed the Mon Calamari cruiser Liberty in a different game outcome. The real fate of this ship is unknown. [NB. this ship is not the same as the Vengeance serving as flagship for the dark Jedi Jerec, which is a completely different class.]

Aggressor

The flagship of Admiral Roek was stationed in the Inner Rim regions of the galaxy before the Battle of Endor. Six months later it was recalled to the Galactic Core to fortify and defend the shipyards of the Corellian system from potential rebel attack [STAR WARS Adventure Journal #2].
    This ship, or another by the same name, remained in service and recognised the authority of Ysanne Isard two and a half years after the Battle of Endor.

Iron Fist

Constructed as Brawl (one of the earliest ships in the Executor-class) and presented to Admiral Zsinj by the Emperor. Renamed after his first command, a Victory-class destroyer. Infamous Flagship of the renegade Imperial Warlord Zsinj and used extensively by his forces in campaigns concurrent with the New Republic's capture of Coruscant three years after the Battle of Endor,
    as described in the X-Wing novels. The target of a five month search by a New Republic naval task force led by General Han Solo, four years after the Battle of Endor [The Courtship of Princess Leia].

Lusankya

Secretly built at Kuat under Executor's name and then buried on the surface of Coruscant during the reign of Emperor Palpatine, the Lusankya was used as a top-secret holding facility for prisoners of Imperial Intelligence. Three years after the Battle of Endor, this warship fell under the command of Ysanne Isard. This ship was equipped wi

9. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    as i said i believe they were all teh same as well, jsut needed to turn the thread away from RP for a bit.

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I believe that we will be joining the EU Empire, there just has to be some items hammered out.

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Further checking has shown that Interdictor-class vessels are officially known as Immobiliser 418 cruisers.

Apart from their visual shape, I find no evidence to indicate that they are related to Star Destroyers.
    Those of you that think they are, what source have you found to indicate that?

As for whether SD commanders were allowed to differ from the norm, I would say that normal Fleet ISDs and SSDs would be required to have the same weaponry, but that anyone not immediately answerable to Fleet would be able to customise their ship.
    For this example, the Emperor obviously, especially in his Dark Empire version.
    Also, the Imperial Sourcebook by WEG seems to indicate that older battlewagons such as the Victory-class were ignored by the Imperial bureaucracy and Fleet HQ (which is why I adopted one) and would probably be free to mess around a bit.
    We already know that some Army units had to make do with substandard equipment, so I figure the same would happen to backwater Naval commands, thus allowing them the freedom to make the best of things.

J

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I remember reading in the book that I was first introduced to the Interdictor-class (I swear) that they called it a SD

13. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    There is an Interdictor Star Destroyer - the Tech Commentaries show panels from the X-Wing and HttE comics that have what appear to be ImpStars with four Interdictor gravity spheres.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, I stand seriously corrected. I was only familiar with the first cruiser, apparently designed by Seinar Fleet Systems, which was 0.6km in length and used "a standard cruiser hull".

The Technical Commentaries note a second vessel which "may have been Kuat Drive Yards answer" to the above ship. Standard ImpStar dimensions, with the four gravity well projectors.

They look very similar, apart from their conning towers. Links provided for comparison:

Pic of KDY Interdictor Star Destroyer

Pic of SFS Interdictor-class cruiser (Immobiliser 418)

15. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    sith, that first one is a Dominator-class cruiser. basically a modified Impstar with gravewells but diminished weapons

16. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    :D i have that comic. but yeah i also though there was an Interdictor class of star destroyer but i had no "canon" proof so i kept silent on the mattter.

you make a good point about backwater commands being able to mess around a little with their gear. my point was more aimed at say the likes of Thrawn in his unknown regions campaigns.

17. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    SirLancelot, the descriptions and pictures are direct from Technical Commentaries.

J

19. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    Thrawn could have probably messed around and upgraded some ships...but mroe freaky is:

What happened to the Admonitor???

I think it is still out there in the UR possibly in orbit around one of Syndic Mitth's garrisons.

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I have got to figure out which SSD's I already know of.

21. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    What have you read Jedi_Satimber?

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I have read all of the novels.

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed

23. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    You should have watched the movies- Executor is in the movies
    In the books :
    Lusankya (from Enemy Lines, X-Wing)
    Iron Fist: Courtship of Princess Leia, X-Wing
    Razor's Kiss: X-Wing
    Knight Hammer: Darksaber
    Intimidator/Pride of Yevetha: Black Fleet Crisis

From SW Adventure Journal:
    Guardian (also in the Essnetial Chronology)
    Aggressor
    Reaper (also in SWAJ)

From computer games:
    Terror
    Vengeance

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Ok...so these are the ones that I did not know of:

From SW Adventure Journal:
    Guardian (also in the Essnetial Chronology)
    Aggressor
    Reaper (also in SWAJ)

From computer games:
    Terror
    Vengeance

I had thought that I had read that 8 were built....but this number is bigger.

25. J9WorkerDrone

J9WorkerDrone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.