main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The importance of jedi having help from non jedi.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Why do you think that lucas chose to give the jedi non jedi sidekicks. Is it to show there mortality or did he have another reason?

Axl.

2. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    I raelly have know clue [face_plain] but I think about it and let you know :)

3. DARTH_NAFOD

DARTH_NAFOD Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2002
    I think that it is to show that no matter who or what you are, you need others to help you out in your accomplishments/quests.

Since this came up earler, in another thread a modern day example would be an Air Force bomber. It does the actulal deed, but it needed help from the airborne tankers, AWACs and the ground crews to make it happen.

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I think its also to show how wise, dedicated and powerful the Jedi are. Jar-Jar was completely showed up by Qui-Gon. Panaka got proven wrong on just about everything he said aswell by the Jedi.

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I also think part of it may have been to show that even if you don't have a Jedi's powers, you can still make a difference to the galaxy.

6. Lembas_Junkie

Lembas_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Obi Wan got some very useful information from Dexter Jettster. He's definately not a Jedi, yet Obi Wan knew enough to trust his old friend.

7. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    I always thought it was to make them look less like superheros, by showing them as everyday people.

Axl.

8. Darth_Shade

Darth_Shade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    It proves that not only Jedi can be heroes and that just because you don't have the force doesn't mean you can't change the galaxy.

9. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    witness Wedge Antilles (I'm going EU now) He and Luke were good friends; and although not much of that is evident in the movies, I point to their embrace on Endor.

In I, Jedi, when Luke goes through Wedge to get in Corran's mind, he does it easily because Wedge is used to Luke 'looking at things through his eyes' (not sure if that is an exact quote). And we know that Wedge does not have a weak mind, and that the Force mystifies him.(again, it's EU, but I think it's relevant)

EDIT: SP.

10. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I would think that this goes to show that firstly, the Jedi are not the only heroes in the galaxy. There are also others, only they have not been blessed by having the same midi-chlorian count that makes them sensitive to the Force.

Secondly, it is to show that there are many different people in the SW world. There are the Jedi, who serve the galaxy, but there are also others who do what they do for perhaps more selfish purposes. Yet, this does not hinder them from working together for a common target, as long as their intentions are good.

And finally, possibly to bring out what is special in a Jedi, that causes them to be admired by others.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. JHC_JEDI

JHC_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    I think its interesting in that the jedi are getting a TON of help from the non-jedi clones in AOTC.

The Non-Jedi were able to accomplish something that the Jedi were not. It appears the sith realized this before the Jedi, and exploited this to destroy the order.

It'll be interesting to see this theme play out in EPIII.

12. Glockenspiel

Glockenspiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    To show the Jedi aren't infalliable, omnipotent, the masters of the universe. There just a sect like any other group devoted to a cause or belief (well that's understating it a tad) but there's only so much the humans/force can do.

13. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    But aren't they superior in skills?

axl.

14. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Why do you think that lucas chose to give the jedi non jedi sidekicks. Is it to show there mortality or did he have another reason?

Not every Jedi is a master on the "underworld" knowledge of Coruscant. There are some things other beings will know that Jedi won't. Not every Jedi knows how about posions, which is why Obi-Wan got help from Dexter. All Jedi aren't all powerful.

15. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    But shouldnt it be the jedi's job to know as much about thier surroundings as possible?

16. minervawhitesun

minervawhitesun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    And it is important to remenber there´s a severe lacking of force sensitives in the galaxy ( 10.000 jedis ?) so maybe that ´s explain the needing of help from non jedis

17. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    To show that everyone has special skills that they can contribute to keeping their world/galaxy free...

Some have Jedi powers...

Some are great pilots...

Some are great statespersons...

Some speak 6 million languages...

And some are just lovable fuzzballs... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.