main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Inaugural TehBoon Christmas Party.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Should have posted sooner, but I'll be slightly delayed. Hope to get there just after 6:30 with Japanese feudal lord in tow.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Better late than never hey ;)

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey IC, if you're reading this today...what time should we do our secret Santa. I'm figuring late as we need everyone to be there first!

What if we say 10pm, and if you're coming and going before that, pick up one on your way out.

We did this interesting version of Secret Santa at work party yesterday. ALl presents are around the tree. Everyone who put one in takes a number out out of a hat-1 to however many presents there are.
    Number 1 picks a present and opens it. Number 2 can either steal number 1's present or pick another ( and open it). Number 3 can steal either, or pick a new one, and so on. If someone takes yours, you get to open another. Of course the people in the highre numbers have better choice! :) I was the highest number yesterday and got the best present. Vodka cruisers :) Anyway I thought the idea was awful but it tunred out pretty fun.

4. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Kahlan, we might have to do that early, coz all them rules after a few cups of punch...
    Can't see it ending well... LOL.:D

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey it's Ic's and Goob's party..when and how is up to them..I was just suggestin! :)

6. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Sorry about this guys, but Bek, Luke Z, Curt and I will be a little late. Curt doesn't finish work until 6, so I'll be picking him up about 6:30, so we should be there at about 6:45. We'll msg you to make sure you know IC.

Sorry to hold you up guys! But we will be coming! Never fear!!

[edit]

Scratch that, Curt's finishing earlier, so we'll be there around 6:15ish :D See y'all there!

7. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Hope everyone has a swell time tonight, I wish everyone the best these "holidays" and hope the new year treats everyone well. Mostly, I hope everyone drives safely!!!

Marv

8. cbstudios

cbstudios Jedi Master

Dec 23, 2006
    Well.... i told you all i'd sign up on here. Twas indeed great meeting you all, and was a good party :D

and well.... HI

*furious waving*

OH, and is there a noobie thread in which i can say hi, im a noob?

9. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Hooray! Curt is here! :D

There's not so much a newbie thread as there is a questionnarre! http://boards.theforce.net/queensland/b10036/25558156/p1/?17 Go fill it out!! :p

10. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Newbie? No such thing in this place ;) :D Welcome to the boards cbstudios... <-- Are you taking a dig at something with that name?

11. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Yaaay! Welcome to Curt ~flails~ [face_dancing]

12. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Most Excellent!!!:D
    [image=http://www.npr.org/blog/april/3/billted200.jpg]

So many shiny people...
    and gifts of much awesomeness![face_dancing]

And we didn't get blowed up by pyro-tim!!!:D

13. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The pyrotechnics were entirely IC's idea, I'll have everyone know. I was just roped in to implement it. :p

IC, Goobs, you guys once again prove that you sure know how to put on a mighty fine shindig. I had a great time, and it seemed as though everyone else did too. Was nice to meet a newb or two, and to catch up with a few folk I haven't seen in a while.

Here's to another party on Australia day! :D

14. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Here's to a better brighter year than the one before ;)

15. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    so say we all to that!

IC and Goobs thanks for an awesome night...I salute your awesomenes=D=

Was good to catch up with everyone again!

16. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Yhuup! That went well...:)
    [image=http://www.destinything.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/trash.jpg]

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    It was really good fun as always. I really need to learn not to drink so much at these things though, although it is always fun remembering what happened the night before as you wake up [face_blush]

And much good things to watch now! Thanks BBN and MD.

Didn't get to make the good friends speech but I think IC made it for all of us, and was great to have you all in the same space.

Nice to meet CB and the shogun, and see some other faces for the second or third time

Lucky we weren't all in the backyard asleep at about lunchtime today though, or in any of the bedrooms!! Stories for IC/Gooba or Kahli to tell I'm sure.

And a formal apology for anything done said or signed that was inappropriate from me last night. Just a general apology just in case! :D

'happens at the Boon, stays at the Boon..or in the kitchen, or on the stairs, or out the front. I think that covers it... KIDDING!

18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'll quote that for truth. :p

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
  20. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    So say we all!!!

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    So say we all.

22. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    Frack Yeah!

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Again, thanks to you all for taking time out of your bust xmas schedules to come dine and party with us.

I have many highlights from the party, and I'll mention the ones that don't breach the "happens at teh boon stays at teh boon" rule.

- Casual Bogey. Nice duds Hambo.
    - The xmas lights switch-on.
    - The fireworks.
    - Those green pears for dessert. Yummy. So I heard the Pav was ok too!
    - The Punch. Apologies for not supplying enough non-alcaholic for the DD's and Padawans.
    - "So say we all!"
    - Knocking 61 tenpins over just with a swinging arm and a trigger finger. Wii party soon I hope!!!
    - The awesome clean-up team. You've earnt kudos with TehBoon management and are immune from the next after-party cleanup.
    - TIIIIIIIMBERRRR!!! This afternoon the Jacaranda in the back yard decided to meet the ground, via the hills' hoist and a fence. This thing was about 30 years' old, maybe more, and down it went. Pic here. No damage to person or house, fortunately. But the days of swinging on the clothesline (well I never did but wanted to!) are gone.

Who's place next time?

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Wii party soon I hope!!!

:D [face_dancing]

I was still there when the tree came down, and let's just say it was slightly alarming suddenly hearing this immense crash from the back yard... :eek:

25. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, that was lovely. My heartfelt thanks to IC and Goobs for playing host to the gathering.

Wonderful to catch up with everyone, and to see everyone looking their best.

Look forward to the next one.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.