main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE INCREDIBLES music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by waheennay, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I just saw THE INCREDIBLES twice over the weekend and am probably going to see it five more times this month! The movie had a definite James Bond influence in both the production design and the score. There was a definite nod to Ken Adam's sets and John Barry's music. I remember the trailer used the theme to On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The composer Michael Giacchino also does the music for the TV shows Alias and [[]Lost[/i]. He really was able to capture the bold and brassy sound that Barry gave the Bond movies of the sixties. Giacchino used the jazzy rhythms and the lush strings that were a Barry trademark but came up with something original. My favorite is when Dash was being chased by the bad guys around the island and you hear this kind of "Flight of the Bumblebee"-style music!

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I, too, really enjoyed the music in the film. It was especially effective during the scenes that took place at Syndrome's island hideout. Definitely evocative of 60's James Bond music.

The sheer level of energy in the score was also really amazing, and totally matched the energy of the onscreen action.

3. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I love the soundtrack to this film. It's great. My roommate even thought I was listening to a Bond film soundtrack. It's worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.