main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Incredibles! SMT at Opening Night!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Maria Mae keeps complaining about the price, but we are planning on it--we just have to figure out the babysitting.
    My padres and/or siblings may be coming into town that weekend, so they could take the kids after the movie maybe.

2. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Tim, when is the absolute latest you need to know about dinner. Robert and I are still up in the air about it. I have a problem with the prices and he has a problem with the menu (he doesn't like anything they have). Just post something and i'll see it.

Kelly & Robert

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'm in and Bonefish sounds good to me- I'd like to try something different and have the chance to wear something other than a haunt tee. I can brown-bag it a few days before if needed!

Jacob- just curious since it's been a loooooong while since I lived in Utah and am lucky to still remember what LDS stands for, I know you don't drink or smoke- are caffinated drinks ok, or should we stick with Sprites or something else if we ever come to your place, or have something for you at other events? It's a shame you don't drink- Tim and Rhonda are great bartenders, and John makes a mean milkshake!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Let's set Sunday as the deadline for making reservations. That way, we can make reservations on Monday.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Lin said, "It's a shame you don't drink."
    LOL. I get that a lot around here! ;)
    I'm down with the milkshakes man! :D
    Some LDS don't drink caffeine. It isn't a specific rule--the rules include abstaining from illegal drugs, alchohol, tobacco, coffee and tea. Our scriptural reference for the dietary guidelines (which doesn't explicitly name any of the preceding substances--I think it uses "hot drinks" and "strong drink") also encourages moderation and minimal consumption of meat--Most Mormons are big time carnivores. At some point I would like not to completely stop drinking caffeinated drinks, and carbonated drinks for the most part, but I am still weak in that regard--I used to be a big-time addict. Now I am a social and stress Coke drinker. If some SMT members can stay sober long enough to come to my house, ;) caffeinated drinks are certainly welcome.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, now.... I've been known to stay sober for... minutes.

And John's milkshakes contain Kahlua, so consider yourself warned, Jacob. :p

7. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I want to go to the movie!!!!! Not too sure about the dinner. This movie is gonna rock!!!!!
    As for the dressing up, I don't have my Slave Leia costume yet, so that's a no for me.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    My dad was never really the Mormon poster boy. I remember a couple missionaries stopping by the house and him answering the door with a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other! Mom walks in a few minutes later from the store across the street with a couple fountain Cokes...ah, growing up in Utah.

How 'bout those Osmonds?!!

The milkshakes rock with or without the booze! (I just tend to prefer mine with!)

As far as staying sober...as long as it's not con I'm usually ok!

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Lori Why are you unsure on dinner? Come on!
    ...and I can't tell if you are joking about the Leia costume--are you going to make one? If so, I can probably point you in the right direction for some help on that project.

Tim, Big OOPS! on the Khalua. But I do LUUUUV milkshakes, virgin, of course.

LinWhat were you saying about the Osbornes? ;)

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    What I would suggest on dinner is for those of you who would rather go to Quizno's, go to Quizno's.

Tim, Traci, Lin and I had already made plans to go somewhere nice, and since this isn't a "sanctioned group" event (we don't really do those ;) ), we just tossed the idea out there. I would go eat where you want after the movie. Nothing says we all have to eat together. Problem solved.

If some SMT members can stay sober long enough to come to my house, caffeinated drinks are certainly welcome.

Traci and I find ourselves pre-medicating before most SMT events, we have to. :p

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Traci and I find ourselves pre-medicating before most SMT events, we have to.
    Well, Ladies, I can't control what you do before you come to my house. ;)

Kevin from Triple Play might be coming to the movie and maybe even to dinner with us.

My brother, Sam, and sister, Grace, might also be coming, but I think we will drop them at home after the movie if they do come--although if Nick or any of the other young newbies are coming to dinner...

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool- sounds like a good group! I just watched a different trailer on-line. Can't wait for this flick. I think it'll be a better Fantastic Four movie than the new Fantastic Four movie!

Growing up, my aunt was a HUGE Donie Osmond fan- she's gay now. :)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    So was my sister Barbara. She's straight, so I don't think Donny has a habit of turning people gay.

Now, Barry Manilow, on the other hand...

Looks like we'll have a pretty good group for dinner.

14. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    Sal is looking into the Leia costume for me, but thanks.

My friend's b-day is the 6th and I'm trying to convince them to go to the movie with us, since they are going the same night anyway. So I may do something with them afterwards.

But I will definitely be at the movie. It looks really funny. And, of course, the trailer should be good. As long as it's not a teaser.

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, Lori, I think it is a teaser trailer. The full-length trailer will probably be out in another month or two or three. I remember being really excited about the EpII teaser, and then going, "What!?! It's over?"
    But I think that I am sufficiently prepared to not be disappointed this time. Even if it is the title and one shot of the same green screen sequence of the duel we have been seeing, it will still be better with the theatre sound and big screen!

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Remember, if you're going to join us for dinner afterward at BoneFish, you need to let us know today so we can make reservations.

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Add Gina and I to the Bonefish list!
    Our other firend who was wanting to join us will be out of town.

-Joe

18. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I wish I could go see it w/ you guys :( I gotta work....TV breaks for nobody...even the BIG SW geeks who work at them.... :(

If you eat at the bone fish...ask for LISA COUCH....she works there and is a great waitress...that and she's my cousin. Tell her I (john) sent you!!!

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Have reservations already been made? I haven't confirmed whether Kevin is coming yet.

20. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, teaser trailer or not, Jason Lee cracks me up and I have to see "The Incredibles". That and I like to hang out with y'all. You are cool peoples.

21. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll be making them tomorrow, so everyone let me know at around noon at the latest.

Right now I have:

Tim
    Traci
    Rhonda
    Lin
    Joe
    Gina
    Jacob
    Maria Mae

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Shows how fried I was when I talked to Jacob this afternoon. Add their friend Kevin to the list, Roo. I'd forgotten that you were taking care of the reservations. (This is what happens when one is forced to drive to Batesville, MS on business. Thanks!)

I can't remember what Sal told me about Friday night, so I sent him a text message. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back with me.

23. Mace_NickDU

Mace_NickDU Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    I can make it to the movie, cordova theater at 7:00 right, but im broke.(for some reason most places wont hire a fifteen year old) So I already know some place you need reservations at is gonna be way out of my budget. Hehe so is Back yard burger, but anyway Ill problly go to mcdonals, dollar menu never fails.

Will i need a pre paid ticket for friday or can I just pay at the spot?

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You'll probably be able to get a ticket on the spot, Nick, but get there a bit early to be safe.

25. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    When do tickets go on sell?? And do you know the exact time yet???

And I'm with Nick on the "out of my budget" dinner. But I'm also going out with my friends beforehand. I'm trying to move, I need to keep at least some of my money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.