Memph, TN The Incredibles! SMT at Opening Night!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK everybody, the Malco website has Friday's showtimes up.

We have The Incredibles showing on three screens at the Cordova - 5, 6:35, 7, 7:40.

I'm assuming we are going for the 7:00 showing, but let's all confirm this before anyone runs out and buys tickets early.
    (Won't be able to get there to get mine until tomorrow anyway.)

-Joe
  2. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, running time is 1:55, so 7 it is, right?
  3. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yes, we're going to the 7:00 pm showing at Malco Cordova.

I'm kinda shocked to see it has that long of a running time. That seems longer than the previous Pixar films.
  4. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Lori, I didn't get a copy of it, but Lin is ordering a few copies and I'm buying him a bite to eat for it. Rhonda, thanks for putting the one extra reservation in! Glad you got the psychotic ESPN ability! Jacob, once you explained what LDS stood for, it makes sense to me and I can't believe I didn't make a connection before that!!! At any rate, with the restrictions I'm glad I'm a Baptist! HA!!

Back on the subject of Pixar and The Incredibles, Karen Prell and her husband Mike Quinn work at Pixar some. Karen Prell is famous for performing Red Fraggle on Fraggle Rock, and Mike is famous as puppeteering Nien Nunb in ROTJ among other Jim Henson productions. Kind of neat how all this blends in together, huh?
  5. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    At any rate, with the restrictions I'm glad I'm a Baptist! HA!!

That's funny, Kevin, I thought the Baptists had basically the same rules. A lot of them just choose to ignore them. ;)

I just bought my tickets for the showing at 7. Geez, movie tickets are getting expensive!
  6. Mace_NickDU Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh crap did I need to pre pay tickets? Do I need to? IS THERE STILL TIME???
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Just get there early enough to make sure you can get a ticket to the 7 pm showing, Nick. If you wait too close to showtime then you'll probably be out of luck with it being opening weekend.
  8. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Ok, so exactly where is the Malco Cordova, and can we order tickets on-line?
  9. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cordova Cinema
    1080 Germantown Parkway
    Memphis, TN 38018
    901-309-8550

Online tickets available at malco.com or directly
    here if that link works.

Be warned that eveing tickets are now up to $8 and they charge an online ordering fee of $1.

Also, Gina has come down with a cold, it looks like. We're not going ot the Bravo showing of Peter Pan at the Playhouse on the Square tonite, and if she's not feeling better tomorrow, we probably won't be able to make it ot The Incredibles. Rhonda, if you need to give up our reservations, feel free - if we do make it, we can skip dinner. I don't want to cause any hassle for the restaurant on a Friday night.

Sorry,
    -Joe
  10. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Malco Cordova is on G-Town Pkwy on the corner of Macon, behind Walgreens, across Macon from O'Charley's and the new frozen custard place.

You can buy tickets online, for a 1 dollar service fee here.

I would offer to pick up tickets for anyone since I live so close, but I won't be going home until late tonight. If you want me to pick up your tickets in the morning, I would be glad to do that for anyone--PM me with your phone number so we can work out specifics.

Who's going to go real early and reserve a good place in line for seats? I hope we can all sit together and that it will be somewhere in the middle of the theatre--that's what I prefer--or are there backrow people going?

I will go early if my wife is willing to take care of the babysitter and stuff, but I would love to have someone come keep me company. How early do we need to go to insure good seats--I've never been to an opening night in this town.
  11. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like we doubled up on info. Why didn't our links work?

Joe, I hope Gina feels better and that we will see y'all tomorrow night.
  12. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    How many people are going?? I can help reserve seats. I have nothing to do anyway. Plus, I think I'll show up early and get my tickets. I don't want to pay an extra dollar for ordering them. That's a stupid fee. Movie theaters are crazy. They charge for the dumbest things.
  13. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    How early were you thinking, Lori?
  14. Mace_NickDU Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok I guess Ill go at 6:15 cause Ittll take a while to get there from midtown. Are you all going in costume?
  15. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Probably between 6:15 and 6:30 at least. Do you think that will be early enough?? It's not like I do anything during the day so if I need to be there earlier, it would be no problem.
  16. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Sure. Wear a costume to The Incredibles.

I'll be a couple of rows away pretending I don't know you.

:p

I think wearing costumes to a non-SW movie would be a bit much.

And it might get you beaten up.

By your friends.
  17. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I bet you money there will be at least one Woot! after the teaser trailer..... [face_mischief]

No, it won't be me. I'll be the one yelling, "Hell yeah!" :p

18. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm sure my response will be a bit more crass, but just as enthusiastic!

;)
  19. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be a couple of rows away pretending I don't know you.

What if it's me in the Leia slave costume????
  20. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Well, that's different. But if you're dressed as any other Star Wars character...
  21. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lol. That's what I thought.

Unfortunetly, I don't have that costume yet.
  22. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Probably between 6:15 and 6:30 at least. Do you think that will be early enough?? It's not like I do anything during the day so if I need to be there earlier, it would be no problem
    Like I said before--I don't know how things like this are around here.
    They said they would start seating around 6:45.
    In your experience is there usually a huge line?
    When we went to HP this summer in Little Rock the line was pretty long, but we stlll got decent seats for seven people. How many are we. My group keeps expanding. I am still at 3 for dinner, but up to 5-6 or possibly 9-12 for the movie.
  23. Mace_NickDU Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok ok, its not like I was sayin I was goin as a friggin jawa. I dont even have a costume yet. But I dont mind waiting a while as long as I get the tickets.Im sure every mom and child are going to be there, NOOOOOOO!
  24. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I would expect that the 7 pm show would sell out, but I'm pretty confident that you'd be OK if you got your tickets before 6:30, you'd be fine.
  25. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think 6:30 is a good enough time to be up there for this movie. We can get into the theater and block off an entire row if we have to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.