main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Incredibles

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by iycis, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Ok who else is making a costume from this movie? Let's throw around some ideas here.

Some problem solving that others might be able to help on:

I'm trying to figure out how to do a really nice looking logo on the costume eventually. I don't want it to be a not so good iron on that will crack either.

Anyone know of a good unitard pattern? The only one I could find was the Kwik Sew brand one. It's no good since it has a seam right down the front.

Boots??? Anyone have any ideas on that? I was thinking of making them from lycra since that's what everything else will be made of. However, I'm not sure how to sew a shoe sole on the bottom or what kind of sole to get.

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Well you know I'm down for ElastiGirl :) When I get home from vacation, I'll start looking for good reference pictures and show my mom, this way I get her opinion too on what might be good.

3. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    The boots and gloves look shiny. Maybe pleather for those?

4. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Actually I found an answer for the gloves and boots today. I found a weird ebay store that sells pvc opera gloves and thigh high pvc stockings. I think they would work great for this.

5. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I got your email Natasha, and I think it's gonna work GREAT!!

And now.....for the major diet because I know that if I keep eating this Texas BBQ and Sonic & Whataburger....and then when I return back to New Jersey....I'll be eating more garbage that I shouldn't.....I'd look terrible in spandex. I'm putting my Bally's membership to good use.

6. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    if your talking about her first costume...

thats hot, one of you should do it.

7. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I just came back from seeing this movie...excellent movie.

rofl I want to try doing Edna's outfit. ;) Except...I have waaaaaaaaaay too many other things on the costume plate right now. Gotta get my C3 stuff done first. rofl

ouch...bit by the bug yet again! ;)

8. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    My younger brother has the hair to do Syndrome, and I'm planning on an Elastigirl costume for myself. I have always wanted a superhero costume and this is right up my ally :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.