main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Inquest: Completed! More Author's replies (7/1) Up!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Title: The Inquest
    Author: JediMasterRev
    Timeframe: Inter-trilogy (9 yrs Post-ROTS)
    Characters: Sabe, Piett, Darth Vader, Bail Organa, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Palpatine and Leia Organa
    Genre: Action, Drama, Mystery, Romance
    Keywords: AU
    Summary: Former handmaiden and Naboovian Ambassador Sabe Kelaria is now a high ranking Imperial Official who is asked by Sola Naberrie to retrace the last days of Padme's life. What will happen when she digs too far into the truth?

Disclaimer: GL owns everything that is Star Wars. I am just playing in his universe for a bit.

A Soft Version of the Imperial March echoes throughout the theatre.

[Voiceover]:
    Some things are better left unknown...
    Anakin, wearing his hood, turns revealing his blazing yellow eyes, which is followed by him, leading the clone troopers in the Jedi temple. Screams first from the younglings and Jedi that died at the hands of Darth Vader than from the Separatists on Mustafar are heard as he swings his sapphire blade wildly. From under his hood, streams of tears are seen streaking down his face

Music transitions into the Funeral March

[Voiceover]:
    Some secrets are better off kept in the past...
    Padmé?s lays back and dies on the birthing table on Polis Massa, which is followed by her funeral procession, marching towards her final resting place. Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie walk closely behind Padmé?s body followed by Sola, Darred and their children. All of Padmé?s former handmaidens line the walkway towards her burial plot.

Music fades into Padmé?s Ruminations

[Voiceover]:
    But sometimes?the past invades the present.
    A thirty-eight year old Sabé stands quietly with her arms behind her back, looking out into the night sky of Imperial City. She is dressed in elegant velvet gowns as several attendants enter, bowing before her as she turns to face them and is followed by a hooded Sola Naberrie.

Music rises into Duel of the Fates

[Voiceover]:
    And sometimes?there is no other choice but to revisit what was.
    Saché is running away from stormtroopers then falls down a flight of stairs, breaking her neck. Dormé is seen frantically trying to regain control of her airspeeder as it tumbles towards the surface of Coruscant. Smoke is rising from Moteé?s idle body as she is burnt beyond recognition.

Sola [Voiceover]: Your honor, I need to know what happened to my sister.
    Sabé and Bail Organa are walking through the majestic corridors of the palace on Alderaan. She hesitates as she sees a young handmaiden outside in the gardens, playing with a little brown haired girl. Sabé then feels a hand grab her wrist and is spun around to see a grim faced Obi-Wan leering at her.

Obi-Wan [Voiceover]: There are greater things at stake here than you gathering the truth.
    A suitless Darth Vader and an elegantly dressed Sabé walk together down the hallways of the Senate Rotunda. They exchange unheard words until the Dark Lord stops abruptly and ominously points at her.

Darth Vader [Voiceover]: If you will not stop, then you will meet your destiny!
    Within the confines of their elegant apartment, Sabé and her husband, Commander Thomas Piett embrace one another as they sit in front of a crackling fireplace.

Commander Piett [Voiceover]: There are some things in this life that are beyond even you, my love.
    Sabé is standing on a dark platform. Molten lava surrounds her as a look of horror and fear fills her face. She?s walking backwards as a large shadow is seen approaching her.

Sabé [Voiceover]: You should not have come back!

[Voiceover]: The producers of the award nominated The Naboo Chronicles and A Jedi Father?s Memories proudly brings you a story about where the truth is just the beginning of the mystery and a single choice could change the future of the galaxy.

Prologue

She huddled against the duracrete pillar, trying to avoid detecti

2. hansgirl1031

hansgirl1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Oooh, looks like this is going to be a very good mystery! I haven't read one in a long time, so I am very much looking forward to this! Please do continue! :D

3. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Aw... Saché died... :( :_| Very sad...

But an excellent beginning, Rev! Very cool!

The woman withdrew a silver encased blaster from underneath her old robes and pointed it at the source of the voice. Without conscious thought, she fired several shots as she attempted to duck into a nearby alley. However, previous injuries and years of hiding caused her to take an ungracious tumble down a steep flight of stars. As it extended downward for several meters, she hit each jagged stair; the woman could hear bones breaking and tendons snapping with the force of the impact. However, the worse sound came when she hit the bottom as she felt her neck collide with the unmovable permacrete.

*shiver* Not a pleasant way to die... :( Great description, though! It was almost as though I was there, able to see it happen...

As the nearest stormtrooper complied, the youthful officer opened his hand to reveal an old leather string that held a carving made of japor.

Japor...! :eek:

This is a great beginning, Rev! Can't wait for more! :)

AQ

4. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    :eek: Great start!! I'll be on the look out for more in the future.

5. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hansgirl1031: Oooh, looks like this is going to be a very good mystery! I haven't read one in a long time, so I am very much looking forward to this!

Thank you so very much. I thought it was time to write something a little bit different. I hope I do it justice.

Please do continue!

More coming soon!

AngelQueen: Aw... Saché died... Very sad...

Yes :(. Unfortunately, she won't be the last :(

Great description, though! It was almost as though I was there, able to see it happen...

Thanks so much. I don't think I would want to go that way either.

Japor...!

Oh what oh what could that mean? :D

Thanks for reading. More coming soon!

Lucid_Lady: Great start!! I'll be on the look out for more in the future.

Thank you so very much. More coming soon :)

6. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    My thoughts mostly involve me thinking how interesting this seems--the prologue, the trailer and the premise. They also involve me looking forward to more of the story.

7. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    TrinityDay: My thoughts mostly involve me thinking how interesting this seems

I am truly humbled by your thoughts. I hope this will meet with your expectations :).

They also involve me looking forward to more of the story.

Thank you so very much. Chapter 1 will be coming this week.

8. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    For a second I thought it was gonna be Sache/Piett! Sigh, poor Sachs... guess we'll have to make do with those decoys, eh? hehe interesting so far!

9. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Bobilll: For a second I thought it was gonna be Sache/Piett!

:D The surprises are only beginning ;)

guess we'll have to make do with those decoys, eh?

We'll find a way to survive ;)

hehe interesting so far!

Why, thank you very much. More coming soon :).

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *bumps*

:)

AQ

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Woohoo! You've started it! [face_dancing]

Very sad that Saché died. :(

12. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Idrelle_Miocovani: Woohoo! You've started it!

Yup. Seems three stories on the boards is not enough for me ;).

Very sad that Saché died.

Well, won't be my more fluffy pieces :). More coming soon!

13. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    You had me at Sabe/Piett, especially since I'm reading some of your other writing. The trailer and prologue are... tantalizing. I wonder if Sache's death will lead to Piett meeting Sabe. This looks like good stuff, can't wait to see where you take it.

14. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Darth_Scroobius: You had me at Sabe/Piett

Though that pairing might draw some attention ;).

The trailer and prologue are... tantalizing.

Thanks so very much. I do like to make an entrance ;).

I wonder if Sache's death will lead to Piett meeting Sabe.

:D We shall see soon :D

This looks like good stuff, can't wait to see where you take it.

Thanks again. I've never written a mystery fic before so this should be a fun exploration. Look for more soon :).

EDIT: You'd think by now that I had learned how to spell :)

15. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who posted comments. Here is the next installment. Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Loss

The slender woman stood silently, watching the city through her large bay window. It was a view envied by most, but given only to the chosen few. Nighttime had fallen on the central planet of the Galactic Empire as the glowing lights of the Senate district filled her eyes. The Grand Inquisitor of Imperial City was charged with the awesome responsibility of maintaining control and order on the capital world, but also she was the head of the Emperor?s personal security when he was on planet.

Since the collapse of the Old Republic, fewer and fewer women were appointed to seats of power in the Empire. However, the Inquisitor, who had once served a queen, then as ambassador for an entire system, caught the eye of the center of power. Newly crowned as Emperor, Palpatine had been impressed with how the young woman was able to secure, not only the Naboo?s embassy, but also several others when the betrayal of the Jedi was revealed. During those last days of the Order, Sabé had managed to hold several renegade Jedi who attempted to use the Naboo?s embassy as a safe haven at bay until Lord Vader along with several dozen clone troopers finally seized them.

However, this was not the first time Palpatine became aware of her existence. The Inquisitor came from one of the greatest houses on Naboo, which could trace its roots back to the non-elected monarchs; and, had fate not intervened, she might have served their planet as Queen. She was trained in the arts of diplomacy and warfare, plus her prestigious pedigree made her worthy for a place in the Empire. The former Chancellor was appreciative of her loyalty and chose to reward her by making her an Imperial liaison to the entire Chommell sector of the new Empire.

A few short years later, she was appointed a seat on Palpatine?s advisory staff?a highly coveted position that was only given to those the Emperor implicitly trusted. It was rumored that Grand Moff Tarkin had initially objected to her appointment, but relented when both Palpatine and his second in command, the mysterious Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader, insisted on her membership. However, it was only a short time later that Palpatine?s true intentions came to light. He needed a voice amongst his sometimes murderous cohorts to offer the galaxy a softer face to approach with their incessant problems. Also, she was one of the few remaining living links to his apprentice?s past and Darth Sidious did not want any close cohort of Amidala?s far out of sight. Even dead, that woman was still a terrible risk.

For a period of time, the softer ways and voice of his minister helped smoothed the difficult transition from the ways of the Old Republic. However, the Emperor knew that it was an impossible task as more dissent grew from all the edges of the galaxy. Plus, once their plans for the ultimate weapon were in place, they could at last drop the pretense. After a few years in this role, Palpatine gave her the new position of the Grand Inquisitor, which granted her the powers to root out any hints of insurrection that were targeted against his Empire, as well as see to the day-to-day security of his capital world. Palpatine also wanted to make use of her vast expertise as a bodyguard since he also granted her powers to train his feared Crimson guard?clones given even more advanced training than even their Kaminoan fathers had programmed into them.

She briefly turned her attention away from the window to pick up a hot cup of caf that of one of her attendants had quietly left for her. As she took a sip, she sighed as she reflected on her role in this burgeoning Empire. Only thirty eight standard years old and she was already being considered to be made a Moff of the Chommell sector. What would Padmé Amidala think of all she accomplished? She scoffed as her cynicism took hold:Padmé thinks nothing, she?s dead. The Grand Inquistor shook her head as she took another sip of caf.

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Awesome chapter, Rev! Wowsa... Sabé puts fear of the gods into the Imps of Coruscant! :D That was such a cool detail to put in! They fear her practically as much as they fear Vader and Palpster, even though she is known to be a firm, but fair and just, member of the government. Very interesting!

Poor Jobal! Poor entire Naberrie family, even! They definitely haven't had an easy time of it. Yoda and Obi-Wan left them entirely out of the loop when it came to what happened with Padmé and everything that resulted from it... :( Understandable, given how visible the Naberries are, but it still can't be easy...

Again, excellent chapter! :)

AQ

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, talking about capturing my interest!

18. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    AQ: Awesome chapter, Rev!

Awww..why thanks a billion :).

Sabé puts fear of the gods into the Imps of Coruscant! That was such a cool detail to put in!

Thanks. I definitely wanted to emphasize how high up and important she is on the grand scheme of things. Even supposedly evil Sith Lords want her around ;).

Poor Jobal! Poor entire Naberrie family, even! They definitely haven't had an easy time of it.

It definitely hasn't been a good decade for the Naberries. The do seem a bit...cursed.

Yoda and Obi-Wan left them entirely out of the loop when it came to what happened with Padmé and everything that resulted from it..

We will soon learn how little the Jedi told her family...

Again, excellent chapter!

Thank you much!!

Ish: Wow, talking about capturing my interest!

Why, thank you so very much. Hope it will continue to do so as more chapters come out. :)

19. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    The Grand Inquistor of Imperial City

Son of a gundark! That was unexpected, especially the part with Sabe detaining Jedi until Vader arrived. Sabe as loyal Imperial, very interesting. The premise is fascinating, and it is being well served by your capable writing. This is looking most excellent, dude.

20. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, Naberries are just filled with death, aren't they? Can't say I'm surprised, with so much bad stuff happening... quite interested to see what Sola has in mind.

Sabe, Grand Inquisitor now, eh? Oh boy, that's gonna get interesting.

21. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Darth_Scroobius: Son of a gundark! That was unexpected, especially the part with Sabe detaining Jedi until Vader arrived.

:D I thought that might have a fair amount of shock value. The thing to keep in mind throughout this story is Sabe loyal to Palpatine or the government (Republic/Empire). Those lines might get more distorted as we continue ;).

The premise is fascinating, and it is being well served by your capable writing.

[face_blush] Why, thanks a bunch, man. Hopefully, I will live up to expectations.

Thanks so much for reading!

Bobilll: Wow, Naberries are just filled with death, aren't they? Can't say I'm surprised, with so much bad stuff happening...

It definitely hasn't been a good time for them. And of course, things could always get worse ;).

quite interested to see what Sola has in mind.

Let's just say that she is about to stir the proverbial hornet's nest.

Sabe, Grand Inquisitor now, eh? Oh boy, that's gonna get interesting.

Thank you so very much. The plot should thicken in Chapter 2. Glad you are enjoying!!

22. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    If anybody wishes to be PM'd when this is updated, please let me know :) Thanks!

23. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i deffinitely want to be on your PM list.i love this kind of stories.and i also love your stories(naboo chronicles,this one)thank you for being such a good writer=D=

24. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Awww..thank you very much. I am in awe of your too kind comments. Hope you enjoy and will add you to the list :).

25. Delalyra

Delalyra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Well, thought I'd give this one a look...

It's good. Very good. I am awed.

Please PM me when you update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.