main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Inquest: Completed! More Author's replies (7/1) Up!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    Wow. JMR! Great Chapter. Again. You are truly a skilled writer.=D= [face_peace]

2. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    A little over half way into reading this chapter, I said to myself, "Something doesn't feel right." Then I get to this part:

?Signal our fleet to hold their distance. I don?t want them engaging Tarkin until the Alliance has worn them down.?

?My Lord, the Rebels? ships are inferior and cannot stand against Moff Tarkin. He will blast them to oblivion.?

Vader remained silent as he gazed out the forward viewport. He whispered, ?Soon my Queen, I shall gaze upon your beautiful form sitting on the Imperial throne where it has always belonged.?

?My Lord,? Piett desperately called out, ?you must order our ships to attack. The Alliance fleet is being pummeled.?

?And why would I wish to do that, Captain??

Thomas took several steps back. ?Your deal with Rebels or don?t you remember? You were to restore the Republic and democracy!?

An evil smirk filled Vader?s face as he extended his arm. Thomas suddenly felt air being forced out of his lungs while his airway constricted. Futilely grasping at his throat, he fell to his knees.

Vader smiled and knelt to face him. ?You were naïve to think that once I had the entire galaxy in my grasp, I would hand it over those who corrupted it in the first place.? Standing up with his eyes now burning yellow, Vader muttered. ?Fool. And now?you will die.? He twisted his wrist slightly which was all it took to seize the remaining life out of Piett?s body. Turning around, he ordered, ?Captain Ozzel.?

?Yes, my Lord??

?You are in command now. As soon as the Rebel ships are destroyed, order our fleet to attack.?

Yeah, I kinda saw this one coming. And why in the name of the Force would Vader put Ozzel in command? They are so going to lose. Ozzel's a moron.

And I think Vader just committed his biggest mistake by killing Piett. Not only was Piett loyal but he's just made Sabé his mortal enemy. There is no way Sabé is going to buy an excuse from Vader about the death of her husband. I definitely think now either Padmé or Vader or Sabé ( or any combination there of) is going to die before this all over.

Yup, bad times are a'comin'.

Edit: I just had a thought. Who says Vader's the only one lying here? If Mon Mothma and General Rieekan are worth their salt as the Leaders of the Rebellion they very well could be lying about how large their fleet is or even how large their total forces are.

I also think it might be safe to cast suspicion upon Vader for Bail and Brehu's(?) murder as well. I wonder how good Alderaani Intelligence is? It did take the Alliance leadership quite a long time to get back to Lord Vader, did it not?

There is a very slight ultra slim chance for Vader to be routed here. Being arrogant and overconfident has never been a good sign in the GFFA and well, that pretty much describes Vader at this point.

bran

3. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good post. :)

A lot of double crossing going on here.

4. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Super post....however, Vader/Anakin will have a lot more to explain to Sabe and Sienna, though.

5. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    First Reaction: Oh holy -censored!!- That -censored!!- :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Sabé, who had been clutching Luke since their escape, looked down to see him sound asleep with his face stained with tears. While wiping them gently away, she looked up to see Padmé once again glaring at her.

?Something disturbing you?? Sabé whispered.

As if coming out of a daze, Padmé blinked several times. ?I?m sorry. I was just?lost in thought.?

Lost in thought. Yeah. Lost in psycho murder thoughts.

I hereby declare that Padmé Amidala Skywalker shall be forever known as Lady Psycho. That or Psycho!Padmé. Take your pick.

Seriously, this woman is clearly obsessed with her son. Granted, she's been away from him for nearly his entire life, but sheesh. Just because Sabé's holding him doesn't mean she's out to steal the boy away from her. Oy...

?What happened back at the Lars? home??

Anakin sighed deeply as he turned to look at her. ?A terrible accident.?

?Accident?? She repeated in disbelief.

?Padmé and I were about to head upstairs when she made one more plea to Owen who didn?t take too kindly to it. He pointed his blaster at her and I instinctually used the Force to pry it away from him.? His features darkened before he continued. ?But something happened and it went off and?they both were hit.?

Dear lord, they're both liars. A terrible accident? If Owen and Beru's deaths were an accident, then that whole Temple Massacre thing on Coruscant was what? A simple misscommunication? o_O :rolleyes: *glares at DV suspiciously*

Padmé?s attention was so fixated on Luke that she was startled by Leia?s entrance.

?How?s he doing??

Padmé sighed and whispered. ?He?s still asleep. I wish he would wake up.?

Leia turned from her mother to the sleeping boy. His hair and especially his eyes were the same as her father?s; but, his face resembled that of her mother. Like Leia herself, Luke was the perfect blending of their parents. Perhaps in time they would get along and by then her mother would not pay as much attention to him. After all, for years it had only been the two of them with occasional visits from her father so Leia couldn?t fathom why this boy held her mother?s fascination so greatly.

*sighs* Poor Leia. I wonder when she'll realize that her days of being Mommy's little girl are probably over and done with? Padmé has room in her arms for only one child, and it sure isn't Leia. She's been dumped for her twin brother.

Luke smiled. ?Anything for you, Mother.?

*shivers* I don't know why, but I when I read this, I pictured his smile as a really, really creepy one. And I have a feeling that's going to be Luke's mantra until the day his mother dies.

And now the Creepy Skywalkers are complete. Methinks this is not a good thing.

?Something troubles you, Princess.? He observed, turning around to face her.

Leia forced a half smile before her frown returned. ?Mommy hasn?t said much of anything to me since you brought Luke back.?

Anakin softly smiled and knelt to embrace her. ?Don?t let that disturb you, little angel. She?s been through a lot so we need to be extra patient with her until everything settles down.?

?She?s ignoring you too, Daddy.?

He chuckled at her rapier insight. She was indeed too much like him and he didn?t know if that was good or not. Smiling in reassurance, Anakin answered, ?Sometimes the people we love do things that aren?t supposed to hurt us, but they do. It doesn?t mean that we will love them any less, rather we have to be strong for them until they realize their faults.?

*snorts* So Anakin's making excuses for his wife? You know, I so hope we get to see this family after their little war is over. The family dynamics and interactions would be so interesting - if extremely creepy - to observe. Padmé fawning over Luke and ignoring Leia, with Anakin cuddling Leia, if only to make up for her mother's neglect. Oy... [face_worried]

?Anakin, we must get the children

6. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! IKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWIT!!!!!!!!!EVIL! EEEEVVIIIILLL!!!!!!![face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]

Ahem! Rev,you bad man.[face_plain]

BTW Darth Vader is a bad bad man too! Yes you heard it here! And Padmé is a nut case! I can't wait to see them rule the galazy!:D
    (Even if you've decided to kill them off can you do a couple of 'what if' chapters of their rule? just for the enjoyment of those who like to revel in the badness) [face_praying]

I do think Vader's had a little to much Dark Side cocktail. In his high on power state he has, I think, just made a big mistake! And I think Padmé is mistaken about Sabé as well.....although at this point just about anything could happen.....

This is really reving up, Rev! Good work!=D=

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ?Hello, young Luke. My name is Sabé. How old are you?? He glared at her suspiciously before he held up nine fingers. ?Wow, you?re getting to be pretty old.? She flicked her fingers at him several times and grimaced. ?I don?t have enough fingers to show you how old I am, but I am definitely much older than you.?

Luke giggled despite his tears. ?You don?t look that old.?

Sabé grinned. ?You are too kind, sir.?

Awwww, that was cute. :)

?I?ve seen and done many terrible things since my days as a Jedi. Still, I do know good people when I encounter them and what happened to Owen and his wife was a tragedy.?

Too right, Anakin. :mad:

Luke hesitatively nodded. ?They told me that my father was a navigator on a spice trader and his ship was destroyed during the Clone Wars.?

That sounds familiar? :rolleyes: Owen!

?I will enjoy blasting you from the stars, slave scum.?

Oh? not a good idea to call him that!

An evil smirk filled Vader?s face as he extended his arm. Thomas suddenly felt air being forced out of his lungs while his airway constricted. Futilely grasping at his throat, he fell to his knees.

Vader smiled and knelt to face him. ?You were naïve to think that once I had the entire galaxy in my grasp, I would hand it over those who corrupted it in the first place.? Standing up with his eyes now burning yellow, Vader muttered. ?Fool. And now?you will die.? He twisted his wrist slightly which was all it took to seize the remaining life out of Piett?s body. Turning around, he ordered, ?Captain Ozzel.?

?Yes, my Lord??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

AHHHHHH!

Like a twisted version of that scene in ESB...

And Ozzel? WHY Ozzel?! Stupid idiot... Grrrrr?

Master Rev, you are turning into an Ish on me! How many more people are you going to kill?

Oh, don?t say that this fic is going to have a 95% death rate?

[face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

8. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Woah, turn of events! I take it we are nearing point when Sabe must deliver her judgemtn...

9. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Master Rev, you are turning into an Ish on me! How many more people are you going to kill?

*giggles* ;) The death toll has been rising steadily throughout the entire story, hasn't it?

Oh, don?t say that this fic is going to have a 95% death rate?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Don't put anything past him! ;) He's sneaky when it comes to this story! He's turning my hair prematurely white with all the twists! [face_devil] [face_laugh]

AQ

10. Bu-sanda

Bu-sanda Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2005
    So, Vader was going to bring democracy and freedom to the galaxy? Beware of Siths bearing gifts!

The only thing that really shocked me about this chapter was Vader doing away with Piett and promoting Ozzel, and ultimately I had to chuckle at that one.

Personally, I loved this chapter and all the murder and mayhem. Vader was there, in all his villanous glory -- you even had his eyes glowing yellow in this one.[face_dancing] One expects the big, black, helmeted monster to be evil, but an unsuited Vader is far scarier, in my opinion.

I?m just wondering if Padme is really in on this, or is this just a ?surprise? for their thirteenth wedding anniversary.;)

11. unknown_shore

unknown_shore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2005
    NICE twist there!

Poor Piett can't seem to catch a break, even in fanfic!

I wondered if Vader might pull something but I didn't see that coming. VERY nicely done...

12. jedi-isis

jedi-isis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2005
    Hi Rev,
    Must get caught up before your beta gives you the next chapter than I will really be in some deep poodoo and left without either a canoe or paddle[face_hypnotized]

Some dream (or nightmare)you gave Sabé. Sneaky Obi-Wan invading her sleep to give her his final adieu with the warning. The reunion with Sienna and Thomas, as usual, nicely presented. Can't forget Princess Leia with her anxious excuses and childish longing for an open embrace with her father.
    Brilliant deduction Anakin/Vader using the hull of the ship to ascertain Luke's hiding place.
    I particularly like Leia's reaction to all the hub-bub of getting her brother back. This little girl is no fool. ?It will be a day to remember,? Anakin interjected. ?It has seen the end of Kenobi and soon we shall have our entire family back together.? Canon Police!
    Canon Police! (*blows whistle*)
    I have a very dubious feeling regarding the deposition idea and the merging of Rebel forces with that of the Imperial military this would be a disasterous mix for the Alliance.
    The course to Tatooine will bring the already boiling pot to overflowing. There is so much tension roiling at the Lars homestead confrontation. Beru and Owen have every right and objection to the Skywalkers taking Luke with just a fair thee well and la dee da. This is our son and we want him now attitude. Years of toil and sacrifice tossed right down the drain.
    Love this from Owen.... And I?ll be damned if I will allow you to take him on some damned, foolish idealistic crusade (whispers...canon police!!)repeated in ANH from the mouth of Master Obi-Wan (hee-hee) I don't like this paranoid Padmé she gives me the creeps and arrogant "do you know who I am" Anakin. Sabé will need all of her courage and wits about her if Obi-Wan's prediction comes to pass. The fire at the homestead will start the test.
    I tell you with all of Sabé's persuasion to get Luke away, the Skywalkers are still murderers and worse. Both showing cracks in their supposed humanity that bode ill for the future. I do not like the excuse of the fire and the nonchalant brush off by Anakin with these words.. Anakin turned back to look at Sabé, a hint of a smile crossed his features. ?But life always presses forward, doesn?t it?? A hint of a smile????
    Huh oh, Organa deaths and Leia gets the message. Tragic set of circumstances. Anakin can snidly grin all he wants if he thinks it will work to his advantage.
    I guess he assumes it is another nail in Palpy's coffin.
    Leia stared at the sleeping boy in his mother?s arms. Padmé caught her gaze and flashed a smile when Leia asked, ?Is that him??
    ?Yes, dear, but he?s worn out from the trip.?
    Leia forced a smile as she reached out from her father?s arms to touch Luke on his head.
    Padmé and Anakin grinned at one another as they realized that they were all together for the first time in years. Only one more obstacle remained in their way of living with one another in peace.
    Boy, if they think that this is one big happy family, they have another think coming. Too much undercurrents from daughter Leia and Luke is far too trusting from my POV[face_not_talking]
    The battle for the Empire is now at hand and the Alliance will now see the situation of their rebellion though not in the way they imagined. Vader, the sly boots, is holding the cards close to his chest but the biggest mistake is this... An evil smirk filled Vader?s face as he extended his arm. Thomas suddenly felt air being forced out of his lungs while his airway constricted. Futilely grasping at his throat, he fell to his knees.
    Vader smiled and knelt to face him. ?You were naïve to think that once I had the entire galaxy in my grasp, I would hand it over those who corrupted it in the first place.? Standing up with his eyes now burning yellow, Vader muttered. ?Fool. And now?you will die.? He twisted his wrist slightly which was all it took to seize the remaining life out of Piett?s body.
    Never, never, never trust a Sith in whatever disguise he or she may be in

13. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    CloneCommanderCody: Great Chapter. Again. You are truly a skilled writer.

[face_blush] You are too kind. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Means alot!

_ThatJediScum_: A little over half way into reading this chapter, I said to myself, "Something doesn't feel right."

Your instincts serve you well ;).

Yeah, I kinda saw this one coming. And why in the name of the Force would Vader put Ozzel in command? They are so going to lose. Ozzel's a moron.

Heh. Well, as we've seen previously, Imperial officers are dispensable. :).

And I think Vader just committed his biggest mistake by killing Piett. Not only was Piett loyal but he's just made Sabé his mortal enemy. There is no way Sabé is going to buy an excuse from Vader about the death of her husband.

Killing Sabe's husband probably wouldn't bode well for their frienship.

I definitely think now either Padmé or Vader or Sabé ( or any combination there of) is going to die before this all over.

Hmmm...[face_thinking] Interesting notion.

I just had a thought. Who says Vader's the only one lying here? If Mon Mothma and General Rieekan are worth their salt as the Leaders of the Rebellion they very well could be lying about how large their fleet is or even how large their total forces are.

At this point, I wouldn't take anybody at face value :D.

There is a very slight ultra slim chance for Vader to be routed here. Being arrogant and overconfident has never been a good sign in the GFFA and well, that pretty much describes Vader at this point.

True, but patience and well contrived plans do typically work out too so we'll see.

Thanks so much for reading!

Starwarsfan1000: A lot of double crossing going on here.

An there are more to come ;).

Thanks for reading!

Merijune: Super post....however, Vader/Anakin will have a lot more to explain to Sabe and Sienna, though.

Thanks so much and yes, Anakin has a lot to answer for.

Thanks for reading!

AngelQueen: First Reaction: Oh holy -censored!!- That -censored!!-

Hahahaha...I thought you wouldn't be too happy with the turn of events.

Dear lord, they're both liars. A terrible accident? If Owen and Beru's deaths were an accident, then that whole Temple Massacre thing on Coruscant was what? A simple misscommunication?

[face_laugh] It is all the whole point of view thing ;).

*sighs* Poor Leia. I wonder when she'll realize that her days of being Mommy's little girl are probably over and done with? Padmé has room in her arms for only one child, and it sure isn't Leia. She's been dumped for her twin brother.

Yes Leia seems to be getting the raw end of the deal. At least she is still close to her father.

*snorts* So Anakin's making excuses for his wife? You know, I so hope we get to see this family after their little war is over. The family dynamics and interactions would be so interesting - if extremely creepy - to observe. Padmé fawning over Luke and ignoring Leia, with Anakin cuddling Leia, if only to make up for her mother's neglect. Oy...

Yes that would be quite interesting ;).

You know what, I so do not like her tone in that last line. *glares at Padmé* This is insanity. I think Padmé's just using her old friend! *gets really worked up and in frustration, throws a potted plant at DV* I just know this is your fault somehow!!

DV: ME?! Rev is the one writing this! And he calls himself a Jedi Master of all things! Maybe I can recruit him as a Sith...

Stop getting ideas! Scary things happen when you do! This story is Exhibit A! *whacks DV*

*cackling* Well, at least despite all this angst we can all enjoy your humorous take on these terrible events ;).

Obviously, I have somewhat of an all-consuming hatred for Tarkin.

Obviously.

*stares numbly* Oh no... no no no no no no!! THOMAS!!!!!! *wails and starts throwing everything she can get her hands on at DV, from tissue boxes to her big heav

14. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Woohoo! So they're ALL evil!

15. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    BrightFeather: Woohoo! So they're ALL evil!

Yes...And No...;)

Thanks so much for reading!

To Everybody: Thought I'd end the week with another post. There is only one more chapter after this so things will be wrapping up. My thanks to everybody who has been reading and lurking. Hope you all enjoy this update!

Chapter 14: ? The Pieces are Moving

Observing the large battle column approaching the Palace, Sabé hurried inside the throne room to make sure the evacuation was complete. She paused in the doorway when she saw the Queen standing silently in front of the window.

?Your Majesty, you must leave. The Trade Federation will storm the Palace any minute.?

Calmly turning her head, Amidala retorted, ?I?m not leaving.?

Sabé grabbed her shoulder. ?What??

?I cannot abandon our people, especially now when they need me the most.? Her features hardened as she continued, ?I will not seek escape when others don?t have the same luxury.?

?Your Majesty?Padmé?? Sabé said, softening her voice. ?I understand your reasons, but staying here is suicide.? She paused to give Amidala a knowing look. ?At least let me fulfill my duty as your decoy and steer the danger away from you.?

The Queen clenched her jaw. ?I will not let you or anybody else stand in my place. My fate will be no different than that of our people.?

?But what will happen to them if the Trade Federation kills you? Who will our people turn to then?

Amidala looked away. ?You are asking me to place the life of my closest friend in jeopardy.?

Sabé nodded. ?You?ve done everything you can, Your Majesty. It is time for those of us in your service to do our duty.? The Queen was about to further protest when Sabé added, ?Besides, would you let anybody else stand in the way of what you were supposed to do??

Releasing a deep sigh, Amidala shook her head as she looked back up at Sabé. ?You are an impossibly stubborn girl.?

?Yes, but you wouldn?t want me any other way, Your Highness,? Sabé quipped.

A large explosion diverted their attention outside once again revealing the imminent approach of the invading army. ?Very well. We need to act quickly if our rouse is going work.?

?I?m right behind you, Your Majesty,? Sabé answered with a grin.

The governmental complex was shaking as the blasts fired from space were growing with each passing minute. Sabé, along with her handmaidens, staff and Padmé hurried through the winding corridors to the underground bunker that they hoped would provide them enough protection until the attack was over. Sabé nearly laughed aloud when she remembered that Palpatine had been the one to insist the construction of such an instillation was necessary. She was glad that she didn?t resist his recommendation, although this particular situation was probably not what he had in mind.

Upon reaching the large, permacrete door protecting the hideaway, Sabé rapidly entered the code which opened access to the shelter. Motioning for the others to enter, she took a mental headcount to see if everyone were still together. When Padmé was about to make her way inside, Sabé?s heart stopped when she noticed someone missing.

?Where?s Elermaé??

Padmé looked inside then back to her. ?I thought she was up in front with you.?

?By the spirits!? Sabé declared, placing her hand in front of her mouth.

?She must have gotten lost.?

?I have to go back,? Sabé said.

Padmé grabbed her arm. ?You can?t go back. It?s too dangerous.?

?I have to try, Padmé? Sabé retorted. ?She?s risked her life for me more times than I can count.?

?Very well,? she answered with a sigh. ?Then I?m coming with you.?

Sabé shook her head. ?No, Milady. You must stay in case Anakin?s troops arrive so you can vouch for our people. Otherwise they are liable to kill them.?

?I don?t like this.?

Sabé grinned. ?I know, but even now I am still watching out for you.?

?Be careful, my sister. I do not want to lose you.?

?You won?t.? sh

16. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good post. :)

You know, aside from Sabe and the kids, I find myself not caring if anyone else lives or dies.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ?Still the faithful lapdog of that madwoman I see.?

Ouch.

?How is this possible?? Palpatine cried out, staring up at his conqueror. ?No Sith could ever summon lightening with only one hand!?

Vader flashed his lopsided grin while pointing the tip of his blade at Palpatine?s throat. ?You are forgetting something.?

?What?? The Emperor muttered.

?I am the Chosen One, after all.?

Hee hee. Surprise, surprise. Anyway, Palps ? not Anakin?s fault he only has one hand. Well.. sort of? but not really? but? ANYWAYS.

Vader scoffed. ?Give our regards to Obi-Wan when you see him.? He pulled his arm back and in a perfect arc, separated the Emperor from his head. Vader reached down to pick it up. ?I promised my wife that she could see the shock on your face and I am unwilling to break that promise.?

Oooohooo!!!

Ewwww. [face_sick]

Okay, how many people dead is it now? :p I?ve lost track somewhere?

You know what? I'm going to agree with starwarsfan1000. Vader and Padme are annoying me now.

:rolleyes:

Anyways, what an action-packed chapter, Rev! Very outstanding? I really liked Ellé?s revelation. Very stunning, it was.

Excited to see how this will all end!

18. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    okay, now I want the next part.

Impatient BrightFeather

19. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Well.. I can't say I didn't see Vader's betrayal coming... But still I am enjoying this very much.

Looking forward to the next update!=D=

20. CloneCommanderCody

Jan 21, 2006
    Great. No no wait. Spectacular. That's the word.=D=

21. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    He's dead, he's dead, he's dead! *grins* All right, I admit it, very glad that Palpatine is dead, has met his maker, is worm food, etc.

And while I'm probably in the minority...I like creepy Padmé and Vader. Very amusing to watch them. I can only wonder what Sabé is thinking, however... Torn between an old friend and well, the same old friend who really isn't an old friend any more, because she's become twisted and is completely the opposite of who she once was. And oh, what a lovely, odd sentence that just was.

Anyways, loved it! *grins* And as soon as Jenn gets back from her trip, you can bet I'll start pestering her. *grins* She really needs to beta faster on this. Only a chapter and an epilogue left to go...

I'm rambling, for some odd reason, and since I'm ignoring your current IM message to write this, well yeah- that's kind of strange in itself. Eh, whatever. Ending here, to return to highly entertaining and stimulating IM convo.

Up to you to decide if I'm being sarcastic, just a bit over the top or if I mean it exactly the way I wrote it. Don't really know myself...

22. CloneCommanderCody

Jan 21, 2006
    Keep updating me Rev. I can't miss the rest.[face_whistling] =D=

23. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    As Vader witnessed his adversary?s vessel spiral down towards the planet?s surface, he smiled, sensing that Tarkin knew he was about the die.

?It is a shame that you can only die once, Tarkin,? he murmured darkly to himself.

*smirks* I will agree with him on that. I'd certainly be all for having Tarkin die a thousand painful deaths.

Ding dong Tarkin's dead! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

?Elermaé! What in the name of the spirits are you doing here??

Her eyes bulged in alarm. ?Milady, don?t come in here!?

Sabé stopped and attempted to withdraw her weapon when a blaster was jammed into the back of her head. ?What is the meaning of this??

?Oh, I take every advantage I can get, Inquisitor,? her assailant retorted. ?Drop your blaster and walk forward carefully.?

Sabé obeyed, stepping ahead with her arms raised. ?An honorable opponent would allow their foe to look her in the eye before she met her end.?

?Very well. Turn around.?

Complying, Sabé looked back to see her attacker. Her heart nearly stopped when she muttered, Ellé.?

*screams*

Sabé and Elermaé are seeing dead people! [face_hypnotized] :eek:

*hides under table away from SupposedtobeDead!Ellé* ;)

?Still the faithful lapdog of that madwoman I see. No, the good Senator buried a poor slave girl who looked remarkably like me.?

Sabé cocked her head to one side. ?Why are you here??

?You tell me, Inquisitor. It seems that you are in league with a Sith Lord and his mad Queen in their attempt to overthrow the Emperor by any means possible!?

?Palpatine murdered your cousin along with several others,? Sabé retorted. ?We are bringing him to justice!?

?You are just like them,? Ellé shouted. ?You only see what you want and ignore the real truth!?

?Then why don?t you educate me??

The blaster now shaking in her hand, she spat, ?I should kill you for what you?ve allowed to happen.?

Sabé sighed in frustration. ?What are you talking about??

?You handed Vader the entire galaxy on a silver platter. Soon, he will be Emperor and all who have died will have done so in vain.?

*winces* However harshly she put it, SupposedtobeDead!Ellé does have a point. DV's obviously nuts, and Padmé's not exactly in her right mind either. Because Sabé continued to see her friend for the woman she was years ago, she's handed them everything they've ever wanted. And that's not a good thing. Hell, she even helped them kill Obi-Wan and sniff out Luke's hiding place. :( :_|

?Sir, with a focused attack from our fleet, we could destroy the Palace without risking any troops.?

Vader nodded. ?True, but Palpatine could escape through his underground tunnels. No. We will surround the Palace and only engage the exterior guards. In the meantime, I want several squads of shock troops to infiltrate the underground network, but advise them to be cautious. My wife and the Grand Inquistor are down there and they are not to be harmed in any way.?

*growls* No, you want Sabé in prime condition for when she finds out that you killed her hubby, DV. :mad: :mad: I'll not be forgiving you any time soon for that! May Sabé blast your bones to cinders!

?You have been wrong from the beginning about Palpatine. While he certainly has done many terrible things, he is not responsible for the handmaidens? deaths.?

?Then who is??

?I never used to believe in the whole rubbish about the Force. But after spending significant time around Lord Vader, I found I was gravely mistaken.?

?Ellé?who killed the other handmaidens??

She looked blankly at Sabé. ?The evil that befalls one so immersed in the Darkside is almost contagious. I witnessed our beloved Lady turn from the noble, gentle spirit into a monster like her husband.?

Sabé was now trembling. ?Tell me, Ellé!? She shouted.

?It was Padmé, alright!? She shouted. ?She and that demon who claims to love her; they killed them all!?

*blinks* It... it wasn't him? Palpatine didn't kill the Handmaidens? Padmé and DV did

24. Bu-sanda

Bu-sanda Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2005
    Thank you for posting again so quickly. I can't believe that this wonderful, clever story is almost over.

?This is insane!? Sabé said, glancing over at Elermaé.

?And so is our beloved Queen,? she responded coldly,

Padme is off her rocker? I'm shocked!:eek:

Vader scoffed. ?Give our regards to Obi-Wan when you see him.?

Vader, the sarcastic Sith Lord -- I love some of the lines that you've given him, they're terrific.

Vader reached down to pick it up. ?I promised my wife that she could see the shock on your face and I am unwilling to break that promise.?

I take it Vader's not planning a big funeral on Korriban for him?[face_mischief]

It was yet again another great installment.:)

25. CloneCommanderCody

Jan 21, 2006
    Rev. I must admit after rereading The Inquest, I just have to say it. You are probably the best writer I have seem.=D= @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.