main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Inquisition / Inquisitors

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Not trying to harp or anything, but when something is wiped out, that kind of means it goes extinct.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    wiped out except for Bane, not wiped out alltogether

3. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Considering Filoni has worked on both series, are these similarities by accident or design? Maybe one worships the other?

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I want to add there could have been multiple incidents of apparent Sith extinction (one being the Bane incident and another being what happened 1000 years ago). Of particular interest is that it says that Bane "emerged from his concealment". Furthermore, Brooks could have misworded everything.
    Maybe Son was a vision of what was to come? Maybe Son corrupted Darth Ruin?

I know likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (edit time ran out)

If Bane really did live 1000 years before the movies, might Darth Ruin be a Pau'un? Son looks like a Pau'un, Inquisitor is a Pau'un, and Pau'uns are said in the legends universe to live up to 700 years (the TPM novelization says that the Sith were founded "almost two thousans years ago").

Or maybe Ruin was a member of Yoda's species? ("Power wasted, power denied is.")

6. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I think the extract from the novelisation is saying that the first Darth set up the Sith 2,000 years ago and over the next 1,000 years another 50 joined the Sith as they warred with the Jedi - and each other.

It isn't saying that any of them lived the whole time.

Yes, but I was referring to a particular moment of TCW - Savage has just died and Sidious tells Maul that the Sith live by the Rule of Two, and Maul is no longer his apprentice - he is out and would be dead but Sidious is going to use him.

I didn't mean an expulsion in the same way as getting kicked out if the Jedi or out if school - I took it for granted people would know that for the Sith it is a death sentence.

Where in the timeline does Sons of Dathomir occur?

If it is just before the Battle of Coruscant, then that mean Maul lives beyond RotS - which is cool because that leaves two possiblities for awesome ultimate showdowns - Maul and the Mandos hunt down Obi-Wan OR Maul and the Mandos vs. Darth Vader ;)

Novelisations are canon where they don't contradict what occurs on screen in the movies.

It does make sense but the writing isn't straight forward.

What else could it be?

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well Sons of Dathomir is before RotS because both Dooku and Grievous are in. In fact, Grievous kills Talzin.
    But they don't go into specifics regarding the timeline. I think Maul lives at least as far as the new Paul S. Kemp novel. Maybe Rebels. If for some reason he survives as far as EP VII, he would be a crazy, unreconginzable, old hermit.

8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    darklordoftech

Count Zero

I believe I understand what you mean, darklordoftech.

The Sith were wiped out/made extinct and yet the Jedi know the Sith Rule of Two

This means that after Darth Bane "emerged from concealment" there was at least one encounter in which the Jedi learned the Sith had returned, discovered the Rule of Two and believed they had defeated them. Again.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Correct. I believe that 1000 years passed in between the two apparent defeats of the Sith, and then another 1000 years passed in between the second apparent defeat and TPM.

Furthermore, the tweet about the novelizations being canon has itself been interpreted multiple ways and A New Dawn contradicts the ROTS novelization.

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    The story of the Sith is shrouded on mystery - both for the GFFA and for fans. :)

It can be interrupted in multiple ways because that extract from TPM is not setting it out clearly, but the very fact that the Jedi know the Rule of Two means there were two "extinction events".

Only onscreen canon is untouchable, the movie novelisations "exclusive" are fair game, I guess.

What does it contradict?

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, I know it is pre-RotS - it was a story arc planned for TCW, the original final season I believe.

I was asking about the timeline to see the likelihood of Maul surviving into the Dark Times, like the Kemp book you mentioned, although I'd prefer to see Maul's final fight on screen.;)

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I know

The idea of the Inquisitor being the reincarnation of The Son has been speculated by many people.

I know likes this.
  13. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    DanielUK

But why would Son accept to take orders from Vader and Palpatine when he clearly has powers way beyond theirs?

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, I don't see this as a possibility.

15. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Me too. We can only hope. I'm sure there are big plans for Maul. Otherwise he wouldn't have survived all of this.

16. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Not to derail the subject, but the plans I see for Maul is milking the character into oblivion, since he's so popular, for whatever reason.
    Killing him wouldn't look good on the monthly balance sheet.
    So we can expect shoehorning him into many stories from now on.

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I merely remarking on rumours; for as I'm aware, reincarnation has never really been mentioned in Star Wars.

18. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay since the history of the Sith is apparently confusing for a lot of people, here is a short version of the Legend history, with timeline and all. This is the status quo and will be retconned in a way that disney sees fit:
    -First there were the sith species. Big red lizard men on Korriban/Moraband.
    - The Rakata arrived on Korriban and teached them how to make holocrons and probably gave them the origin of the darth title.
    - The Sith King Adas drove the Rakata off Korriban and expanded the Sith into an empire encompassing many worlds. When he died, the prophecy of the Sith'ari was made.
    - 36000 years before the battle of Yavin, the Je'daii Order was founded on Tython. There were Sith among members and it was possible to fall to the light side as well as the dark.
    - 25000 years before the battle of Yavin the Force War broke out between the users of the light and the dark side of the Force. The former one, and the Jedi Oder was formed.
    - 7000 years before the battle of Yavin, the Hundred Year Darkness began. A war between dark side users and the Jedi. The loosers were exiled.
    - The exiles arrive on Korriban. There they are named Jen'jidai, which is ancient sith, for dark Jedi. The jen'jidai and sith intermingle, and the Sith Empire is formed.
    - Ajunta Paul becomes the first Dark Lord of the Sith, which kinda makes him Emperor as well.
    - All the cool, Old Republic stuff happens. Eventually the Sith Empire is destroyed.
    - 2000 years before the battle of Yavin an Umbaran Jedi turns to the Dark Side, leaves the Order with a few friends, names himself Darth Ruin and establishes the Sith Order. It is not a very good Order since everyone wants to be Sith Lord and it is possible for a powerful dark lord to be zerg rushed by n00b acolytes.
    - 1000 years before the battle of Yavin and long after Ruin died Lord Kaan establishes the Brotherhood of Darkness and wages a war against the Jedi.
    - At the Seventh Battle of Ruusan, wether at Bane's insitence or against it, Kaan detonates the thought bomb in a ritual Bane aquired from Revan's holocron. All but Bane are killed. The Impact sight becomes the Valley of the Jedi.
    - Bane takes up an apprentice and Establishes the Rule of Two which most Sith after him wanted to end by becomming Immortal.
    - Despite all of this Bane's Grand Plan was a success when Palpatine all but wiped out the Jedi Order. For his role in all of this, Bane became the Sith'ari.

DanielUK and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, I think it is safe to say that he will not feature in the Saga movies - they shouldn't require the general audience to watch TV shows, read books, or even see the spinoffs - and Maul showing up in, say, Episode VII would too much confusion.

A Dark Times TV show would be the best place - I'd say a spinoff but they will not be featuring core characters.

Not the first three anyway.

Death doesn't decrease the income from a Star Wars character ;)

Except none of that is relevant anymore - all we know about the Sith is the movies, TV and novelisations. ;)

20. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    How much of that still exists it anyone's guess.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Bane does get referenced in TCW Season 6.

22. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    It says the founder was the leader, and heavily implies that the leader was killed when all the other Sith were. That means at least he was around for over a thousand years. Keep in mind that this is the first I've heard of him being Umbaran (where is that from?)

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

His name and appearance are now canon - but all previous stories outside the main continuity are not relevant except to the Legends timeline.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was under the impression that most of Ruin's background came from the Evil Never Dies article on Star Wars Hyperspace:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Evil_Never_Dies:_The_Sith_Dynasties

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    It implies it, but it also implies he wasn't - it depends on the reader, I guess.

Terry Brooks ans George Lucas are probably the only people who can tell us the truth.