main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Inquisition's Here and It's Here To Stay: The Dragon Age Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DocRevan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I've been keeping Morrigan in my party mostly because of her interesting dialogue. Especially when gets into those verbal duels with Alastair =P

On another note, I just ran into the Calo Nord clone, assassin guy. I ended up letting him live, but he seemed weaselly as hell and afterwards I regretted it and felt that it would come back to bite me. I loaded up an old save, but I didn't feel like going through and rearranging my inventory all over again so I just decided to play on.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Who Zevran? Nah, he's harmless. So long as you give him some gifts he won't betray you.

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Really?

I had him around halfway from neutral to love or whatever it is and he betrayed me when his assassin buddies tried to kill me..

Anywho, kind of torn. Should I grab Awakening or Dragon Age 2 next? Decisions, decisions.

4. ShakTeeth

ShakTeeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2011

I'm in the same boat here. I'm tempted to go straight to Dragon Age 2, but I don't want to miss any important story developments.

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    You'll miss a lot of Anders' backstory if you skip straight to DA2. Personally I'd go through Awakening first, it has a good set of companions and is a lot more focused than DA:eek:.

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I picked up Awakening. Burned through Amaranthine and the intro pretty quickly. I think Anders is awesome (mainly because I'm a mage elf warden and we tend to agree on most everything). After gifting Nathaniel to pretty much loving my character I like his development too. Going to play through it again after work tomorrow. So far so good.

Oh. And Nathaniel's bear. Holy. crap. love. it. Glad I chose him to be a hunter.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't suppose anyone has a spare Blood Dragon Armor code for 360 I can use? I'm getting Mass Effect 2 through the post tomorrow and that armor is pimpin' :cool:

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    They run from 6.99$ and up on ebay.

Just beat Awakening. Going to dive into Dragon Age 2 tomorrow.

Why do I get the feeling that the Architect is more of a threat than any arch-demon? ha.

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Probably because you can talk to the Architect while they only dialog the Arch-demon has is "RAAAAAARARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!(screechy violins, screechy violins)

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, here to hoping he's brought back for DA3.

Debating to buy a few of the DLCs for DA:eek:/A; besides the Morrigan one does anyone have any suggestions?

11. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    The DLC isn't particularly inspiring. Most of it is extra areas with high-level gear. Though, you really should get The Stone Prisoner. You get Shale, a golem, as a party member.

12. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    The Stone Prisoner is a must if you don't already have it. Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep are also pretty good for teh lootz.

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The only problem I had with the DLC was that even if you don't have you see still the quest markers above the characters. I always do everything and it was annoying seeing that I haven't done something only to find that I don't have the DLC. It's why I ended up getting the Ultimate Edition. I wasn't going to spend nearly £30 on DLC and Awakenings when I could get it all for £15 or so.

Anyways, that's not why I'm here. There's going to be an animated DA movie, apparently. Anyone know anything about that?

14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Are you talking about the straight-to-DVD anime being made by the guys that did the two rather naff Dead Space tie-ins? I don't have my hopes up for it, but maybe with the more fleshed out and interesting lore of a Bioware game it might fare better than the Dead Space films.

I may even give next year's Mass Effect tie in a shot too if this one is good.

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't actually know anything about it other than it's being done by 'Funimation'. As for the Dead Space tie-in, I kinda liked it. Not a great film, but not bad either.

16. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    The DA animated movie sounds mildly interesting...except it's centered around the Chantry goon-turned-completely ineffective IA agent with the annoying quasi-French accent from the framing story of DA2. I can't stand her.

Then again, I have a glaring problem with 80% of DA2's characters, so meh. :D

17. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Warden's Fall was pretty cool. I'd rather they use that type of animation for any more features.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I wish that guy would have made the final episode. Sure, Awakening fans know what happens to Christoff in the end, but it is just left dangling, and I'd like to see it finish.

Also, Christoff gets the best Renegade Interrupt ever when he explodes on the Dwarf pimp.

19. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Finally finished my DA:eek: PC playthough, 11 months and 412 screenshots later. My first ever playthough on the Xbox took me 4 days. :p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/s_lockton/sets/72157625868115123/

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Has anyone else played the Legacy DLC? Just finished it and I thought it was quite good - more like Lair of the Shadow Broker in terms of complexity, banter and plot development than, say, Return to Ostagar. Seemed like they put quite a lot of work into it.

21. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Just finished downloading it, will get into it tonight hopefully.

22. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Just finished it. Took about 2.5 hours but it seemed worthwhile. There's a lot of choice dependent content in there, like taking Warden Bethany and Anders. Makes me wonder how it'd play out without those two. And the ending was pretty special. I always love the little tear jerkers. :p

Question though: what point in the game did you access it from? I just loaded my previously completed campaign towards the end of the game, so Hawke's mum was dead, and had a very specific ending that addressed that. Can you play Legacy before that point?

23. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    just got legacy, but have done nothing with it yet. i am having fun with my dual rogue right now. most satisfying type in this game by far

24. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    You can apparently play Legacy at any point in the game, and there's situation-specific dialogue for whenever you do. I played it post-game as well and the ending was a bit of a tearjerker... :(

And yeah, dual-wielding rogues are the best. :D

25. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    How so? I only played it in the first act so far.