main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Inquisition's Here and It's Here To Stay: The Dragon Age Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DocRevan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013

Hawke is back.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I seen Morrigan but I didn't see Hawke in the trailer

4. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Default FemHawke shows up at 1:37.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think it's pretty damn awesome that Hawke is going to appear in Inquisition. I hope the Warden (or Warden-Commander) appears in some capacity too, though you'd have to pick a voice at the beginning which would spoil the surprise, I guess.

Trailer is good. Villain seems delightfully menacing, and I'm very curious to know exactly who he (it?) is.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  6. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Yeah DA 2 had its problems but I actually really enjoyed playing as my FemHawke. I'm looking forward to Cassandra's reaction to meeting her hero, and will definitly bring her and Varric in the party when we bump into Hawke. I'm glad that Inquistion will adress what happened to Hawke (and hopefully the Warden?) since her story lacked any sense of closure at the end of DA2.

7. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    For those that haven't played the Origins, it's now free on Origin and will be free until the 14th of October. If you haven't got it, go get it now. If you have it on somewhere else, get it on Origin too!

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Downloading it as we speak

At 24% now

Also, once it's downloaded, it's yours forever

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Sooo, after hours of downloading, it decided to tell me I don't have the updated drivers, and apparently don't have the system requirements

What a waste of time

11. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Facebook told me that Dragon Age: Origins is also now free to download on Xbox360 and Xbox One. Facebook was wrong about the latter, and I can no longer be bothered to plug in and fire up the 360. Alas, I shall never play these games.

12. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Consoles are probably not the most ideal platform to play Dragon Age Origins on anyways. I have the game on both PC and PS 3 and the PC was obviously the superior version. The difficulty is toned way down to accommodate for the gimped controls and there is no over head view. While I mostly play Dragon Age for the story rather than the combat, I felt I had a much better gameplay experience on PC.

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Seems it was wrong on both counts as it's not showing as free on the XBL site. Major Nelson hasn't mentioned it on his blog either.

I've play DA2 on my 360 and it wasn't a bad experience. I guess it all depends on what you like and what you're used to. I'm getting Inquisition on my Xbox One as I'm not sure my PC will handle it and I find using a controller is easier when it comes to moving around.

14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I've youtubed clips of Origins on the 360 before and I have to agree that the PC version puts it to shame.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    360 version is still great though especially for a game that was meant for PC only

moosemousse likes this.
  16. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    So, I'm curious. Have any of you decided on what world state you will use for your first play through of Inquisition?
    My Warden is a Human Noble Rogue who became King consort, had a god baby with Morrigan, and spared Loghain.
    My Hawke is a sarcastic Female warrior who sided with the Templars.
    I think my first Inquisitor will be a Human Male Rogue again. Rogue is my favorite class and I don't like playing non human races. I might try out the Qunari though.

17. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Origins: Male human noble, sword/shield warrior, romanced Leliana, put Alistair and Anora on the throne, executed Loghain, did the OGB ritual.

II: Female Hawke, sword/shield warrior, tended to favor the diplomatic approach, romanced Merril, and sided with the mages.

Not sure what I'm doing for Inquisition.

18. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Origins: Male Human noble, sword warrior, romanced Morrigan, made a baby with her, killed Loghain, put Alistair and Anora on the throne.

II: Male Hawke, Sword warrior, romanced Isabella, didn't kill Anders, sided with mages.

I guess I'll be something similar in Inquisition (Male, human, sword warrior, loyal to companions).

19. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Keep is now open.

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i loved borh Dragon Age games. Sounds like they will bring the deeper rpg elements back in 3, but not sacrifice the superior combat of 2.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  22. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Review embargo ends tonight at midnight, Pacific time.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Only 6 days left.

24. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Does anyone think the Deluxe edition will be worth it? I'm on the edge if I should just shell out the extra $10 for it, because I'm not entirely sure if it's another one of EA's money schemes.

25. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    I am buying the standard edition. 10 dollars for a couple in-game items and multiplayer packs seems a little bit too much, especially when you consider that it is the same price as a decent Bioware story dlc like Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker or Dragon Age 2: Legacy.