main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Revanfan1 this comment my favorite:

"darthmall is back"

^ Yes come to the darthmall: your one stop selection for items that can help you get vengeance on that pesky Jedi. Furthermore, stop at our food court for some delicious cheeseburgers. Delicious 'cause they're cooked with tons of rage!

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    An interesting take on "Evil Food"

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0511.html

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently somebody named "Asohka Tano" is the new Rebel leader.

Achieved that position by eating a certain number of darthmall cheeseburgers I guess?

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This is the same Filoni who made Ahsoka stupidly OP.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Ahsoka only uses Force powers that Jedi apprentices are seen doing throughout the Star Wars films.

Back to topic, if I'm wrong and all of the Imperials turn out to be a total joke, I will be surprised, and I'll be just as pissed as - if not more pissed than - most people around here.

7. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  8. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Video for those that don't want to click on the link

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So he's not a Sith? I'm confused. He's a male version of Asajj?

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Dark Side minion.

Cevan, Dra---, thejeditraitor and 2 others like this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So like Asajj was for Dooku or Starkiller for Vader?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Former I'm assuming. Who knows how they will spin it in the series though.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The part at the end, where he encounters Ezra and Kanan? Very creepy. [face_nail_biting]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    He is "cold and analytical. He does not get angry. His intensity is based on the purpose of his assignment."

Well that's something new. A Force-User that uses the Dark Side but does not use anger. Sounds like a villain that uses his head more than his emotions. That's a good change IMO.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Lord_Anzeroth I definitely got an emotionless vibe from Darth Maul in Ep I minus the occasional snarl, though Brothers and subsequent episodes did away with that.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I posted this in the main Rebels page, but thinking about it, it may be more at home here:

17. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012

Maul was eager to punish the jedi and get revenge.

back on topic.....Why does the inquisitor seem to have sith eyes? I never really understood sith eyes. Are they just a biproduct of being steeped in the dark side?

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that's he common-held belief, yes.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooku and Anakin don't have them - but that may be because they have not been using the Dark Side as long.

Anakin's eyes may have momentarily gone yellow in RoTS though.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice that they outright stated that he won't be one of those villains who's bested every week and made to look foolish all the time.

So basically, more like Slade from Teen Titans than Drakken from Kim Possible. Coolbeans.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I still wonder if Vader was publicly the "Lord of the Inquisitors" rather than openly being a Sith.

Revanfan1 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, yeah. Without question:

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think they're obviously trying to combine Maul with Spock is all, and like someone said he's like the show's Ventress from what it appears like. He's Sith in everything but official title & just a dark Jedi Knight or Acolyte or whatever terminology they use which is apparently Inquisitor -

1. a person who inquires, esp deeply, searchingly, or ruthlessly
    2. ( often capital ) an official of the ecclesiastical court of the Inquisition

So this is more a religious term stems and evokes the image of a dark take on the Inquisition formed by the Roman Catholic Church to seek out and bring to justice heretics and devil worshippers, it was not a military rank or official. The Empire in Star Wars is run by a religious figure in the form of Darth Sidious as Emperor and Darth Vader ,both dark lords of the Sith. So its a theocracy. The Sith Order are an evil religious sect, an evil, warped and twisted parallel reflection of the Jedi Order, so not entirely sure they can separate him from the Sith while also calling in a religious significance to the character at the same time as he's an inquisitor(a twisted friar or knight) serving a Dark Lord(Anti-Pope) and a evil religion(Satanism). I think they're working in Sith-like characters while trying to remain true to Lucas' rule of two which they dont appear able to change and like Ventress, Talzin and Maul all fall into a gray area and loophole.

I find this quote fitting from Darth Tyranus:

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was under the impression that The Inquisitor isn't a Sith because he seeks to serve the empire rather than rule it.

Dra--- and thejeditraitor like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    No, it's just as simple as the fact that he doesn't follow the Sith Code, probably. Palpatine and Vader are Sith, and though they'd teach dark side techniques to the Inquisitor, they probably wouldn't teach him everything about being a Sith. Wanting to rule has nothing to do with it.

Mia Mesharad and Gamiel like this.