main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    From what we know so far he doesn't seem unlike Khan from the new Star Trek movies. An intellectual whose brute savagery is virtually unparalleled, but who also knows how to reign his anger in and manipulate situations to his own advantage. While he is seemingly very in control of his emotions, he also could apparently increase his intensity depending on the assignment. So despite a calm and calculating outward demeanor, the Inquisitor is absolutely capable of fighting with passionate and unbridled fury if the situation calls for it. A foe who can not only break you physically, but also psychologically, forcing you to face your greatest fears and taking advantage of this trauma to defeat you. Truly a terrifying enemy...

Also, your point about the Empire being a Sith theocracy of sorts made me wonder if Rebels will reveal, like the EU did, that the Jedi Temple was repurposed by the Emperor as the headquarters of the Grand Inquisitor or a training ground for the Palpatine's dark side adepts.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought the Sith code is all about wanting to rule.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There's a lot more to being a Sith than wanting to rule. It's a specific ideology/fanclub that only a few can ever ascribe to follow at any given time in history. Though it's a big galaxy, the Banite Sith make a point to control and/or wipe out any other darksiders around.

Anyone can be a follower of the dark side. Few can actually call themselves Sith. At least under the Rule of Two.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    But according to EU the very reason the Rule of Two was instituted was all about who was going to rule the Sith. I know that's all trashed now, but from that perspective saying being a Sith has nothing to do with wanting to rule doesn't seem correct.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What I'm saying is that they're not mutually exclusive. Not all who wish to rule are Sith, but more often than not all Sith wish to rule. Any Joe Schmo can have aspirations of power, but they need more than that to be an actual Sith.

Say the Inquisitor does want to rule- one might think that is the extra layer that brings him to total Sithdom. However, assuming he's been trained by Palpatine or Vader, chances are he only knows a handful of Sith teachings. Sure, he can always learn dark powers on his own, but he can never truly know every ideology that the modern Sith know. That's part of the reason I described them as a fanclub- any two-bit Force-user with a red lightsaber can call themselves Sith, but if the reigning Lords find out about them (again, under the Rule of Two; the structure of past Sith Empires is a completely different situation) then they'll either recruit them as dark acolytes, inquisitors, etc., or eliminate them if they're too weak or too ambitious.

Dra---, Gamiel and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would say the Yoda arc opens up the possibility of Sith training through the spirit of a deceased Dark Lord of the Sith, which is reminiscent of Exar Kun and Naga Sadow from "Tales of the Jed". The Yoda , Mortis and Talzin storylines make the scale broader, there is not just the Sith or the Jedi force wielders or manipulators out there and there are forces that work for, neutral or against them which may even be more powerful. Bane's rule folllows the EU with the Sith being many and then destroying eachother out've their own lust for power once they finished off the Jedi they started on themselves or whatever. Bane came along and created the rule of only two Sith, or he survived the carnage of the Sith civil war whatever the storyline is. Most of what the show and movies focus on are though the constant struggle of the Sith vs Jedi. Ventress was becoming too powerful to the point of a possible rival so the apprentice had prove he was a loyal servant and kill his own apprentice.

In order for a dark Jedi to become a Sith he would have to be ordained one by a Sith Lord, or take their place by slaying one or both and proclaim himself rightful Dark Lord of the Sith.

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Not all Dark Side users are Sith.

Just like not all Lightside are Jedi.

So he can "tap into the Dark Side" - does this mean that he is a Force sensitive but Vader limited his training so that he is strong enough to go up against a Jedi but doesn't have the potential to pose a threat to the Emperor?

And Jason Issacs? That is some pretty cool casting.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My credits are on that he will be revealed to be a Seyugi Dervish8-}

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this.

dark side user. evil. uses a saber. works for the empire. not a sith lord.

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, part of this may be to show fans that evil Force users doesn't mean Sith in preparation for some of the villains in the ST.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****!

That blast of excitement you all felt across the Internet came from me.

This show is operational!

(I did LOL at Jason Isaacs saying he played some characters who "could be" villains. Dude, you were Lucius Malfoy. You were Colonel Tavington in The Patriot.)

12. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I just watched the video clip. Totally awesome. I could listen to Jason Isaacs' voice all day.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the Inquisitor in action now. Also I am really glad that the video pointed out that he'll be a threat and not like some typical 80s cartoon villain. Good. Another one of my small apprehensions for the show has been squashed.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He works for the monarch, the Emperor who is the Dark Lord of the Sith /thee Sith Lord and head of the Galactic Empire which switched from some type Federalist constitutional Republic(modeled on the Roman Republic when ruled by elected senators who sometimes chose dictator in times of great disturbance and the USA that is run by senators and the President) which controlled a large number of systems already basically an empire to a flat out absolute Monarch controlled Theocratic Empire(Dictatorship modeled after the Roman Empire as when ruled by Emperors and Nazi Germany). The Inquisitor would have been trained in the Jedi arts(which includes Sith remember Jinn briefing to the council to describe his attacker) and likely was trained by Sith Lord(Darth Vader or Sidious or both).

14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think the kind of goals one has help to distinguish whether they are functioning like a Sith or not.

The Sith crave ultimate power so they can rule the galaxy indefinitely, ostensibly for the sake of order. Other darksiders, by comparison, have smaller or less general goals. They may use the darkside for revenge or to grow rich for the sake of growing rich. Growing rich for a Sith, however, is only a means to an end -- ultimate power.

It's this goal of ultimate power that leads the Sith to the necessity of the Rule of Two. This craving of ultimate power means that none can share the totality of power with the Master. For the Sith, it's either all power, or death -- that's how their ideology of desire is structured.

This allows us to see how different other darksiders can be. The Inquisitor, for example, may have been trained to value the Empire or Sith, not ultimate power. So he doesn't necessarily see other darksiders as competition, unless they somehow threaten the Empire or Sith. Sith, however, would view any darksider as potential competition because they seek total power.

So my guess is that the Inquisitor admires -- even worships -- Palpatine and Vader, but they may distrust him no matter how loyal he is. That could be an interesting dynamic to explore.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep.

The music helps.

thisguyisnotajedi and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Might Inquisitors be something similar to the "Knights of Sith" from "The Star Wars"? ATMachine

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    Quite likely, yes. After all, in the rough draft, originally neither Jedi nor Sith had the Force powers of the modern version of SW. Both were merely fearsome samurai-esque warriors. The only difference was that the Jedi were fugitives of an outlawed order, hunted by the Empire, whereas the Sith remained loyal to the Empire and hunted down the Jedi. It's even likely that at that stage Lucas intended the Sith to be a relatively recent creation, a perverted version of the Jedi order established by the Empire to further its own ends (and not the other way around).

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  19. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014
    There have been hints that Inquisitorius is still being used and that the Inquisitor is not THE Inquisitor: A few months ago, Disney XD uploaded several videos of actors and actresses from other shows conducting a spelling bee based on SWR vocabulary (you can find that on the Rebels XD website). It was mostly a ridiculous and useless skit, however, one actor's word was "Inquisitorius." I'm assuming they were using official terms from LF in this, because I have a hard time picturing a Disney employee scouring Wookieepedia for catchy words. Since this is literally the only place I've found anything regarding Inquisitorius in SWR, its not much of a lead, but it's better than nothing. Thoughts?

20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    There is an extended trailer on star wars.com - for some reason I can't play videos but it explains away a certain rumour of a future guest star :)

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I agree with everything you said, but when have we seen Light Side users that are not Jedi?

22. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Never; the answer is never :p

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    the answer is actually a big yes! anakin and luke are the biggest examples. there are many force sensitives that haven't chosen a side yet, aladdin also seems to be one. ahsoka is no longer a jedi and it's a safe bet she uses the force. all the jedi that left the order to start a family. ventress used the dark side but changed her ways. she may be classified as a light sider. the same for starkiller if you count him.

Hogsquattle likes this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

The Bardottans in TCW

See above

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I forgot about Luke and Anakin before the training - nice one

Those other examples too - Ashoka is a lightsider, Ventriss I would class her as a darksider though on the path to redemption

Who is Aladdin?

Also Krell and Bariss Offee are examples of Darksiders who aren't Sith if that helps