main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think old Billy the Inquisitor is going to die in Rebels.

2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think they have to kill the Inquisitor eventually so its clear that another villain isn't roaming around during ANH. The Inquisitor is an enemy of the Jedi and the Rebels - which is a threat to the heroes in ANH and beyond.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Inquisitor can still be alive during ANH. As Filoni said, Vader dealt with the most serious threats; after all, it was Obi-Wan who came to Vader - not the other way around. Somebody of Luke's power and potential was left for Vader and Sidious.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This month's Star Wars Insider, discussing the Inquisitor - speaks of Inquisitors, plural - with a strong implication that the Rebels one is not the only one.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That's what I thought I hope we see other inquisitors.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Knew it!

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I won't go as far as to say "knew it" ('cause under these new rules, I almost feel as though I can't know anything for sure anymore). :p

That said, I've certainly always really, really hoped that there would be more than a single Inquisitor roaming the entire galaxy on behalf of Vader and his Emperor! The collective group known as the Inquisitorious was one of my more favored EU conceits, and I'd love to find out that there really are more agents running around out there.

Moreover, if there really are more, I want to actually meet some of them!

I can't imagine they're all Pau'ans. I wonder who else there might be out there? Gosh, anyone we might already know?

Oh, and thanks for the update, Iron_lord!

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't know for certain but had a strong gut feeling that it was so.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

:D

10. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    How would you guys feel if they retconned Starkillers story as Vader's apprentice and made him an Inquisitor instead? He'd still be Starkiller, but with a different background.

Lady_Misty and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Does it say other Inquisitors at the same time? Whenever I've seen other Inquisitors mentioned it has implied other people in the role over the years, not several at once.

ScorpionJedi and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Personally?

Eh, as with Revan, I'd be glad to see Galen Marek get in to the canon, period. I don't want to see either of them just forgotten about. This is maybe doubly true for Starkiller, as I remember being sold at the time on the idea that his character and story came from the highest levels of involvement and approval by Lucas.

So, yeah, I want to see Starkiller re-introduced to the canon in some form. If he were to turn out to be one of the Inquisitors? If it gets him in, then yeah, I guess. Heck, Starkiller's training under Vader did mostly entail his hunting down and eliminating former Jedi the way an Inquisitor does, so there's that.

Yes. Yes, I guess I really would be pretty darned excited to see that happen. :)

But just to play devil's advocate, I do think one of the nice things about Marek was his connection to Darth Vader. That he was a secret tool of Vader's, meant to be put to use in the Dark Lord's plot to overthrow the Emperor.

A secret apprentice.

So if I held a seat on the Story Group, I'd probably stump for keeping him in the canon -- probably not as a co-founder of the Alliance (and certainly without the super, video game-level powers) -- while still working in some capacity as an unknown, 'secret apprentice' to Darth Vader.

Perhaps a compromise? Maybe we see Starkiller turn up in Rebels (or some other canon source) one day, and he's actually known to the Emperor and working as one of His Majesty's Inquisitors, but then they start to drop hints to the audience that maybe Starkiller is secretly working in-league with Vader?

I don't know.

13. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I figured there would be more than one Inquisitor. The one in Rebels probably prefers to think of himself as the only one.
    If it were Sam Witwer still portraying the character and he spams force lightning, I can settle for that.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Agree.

Witwer is a must! And unless something has changed, I believe he's already gone on record saying that he'd be up for revisiting the character if asked.

15. EntechednReformatted

EntechednReformatted Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2009
    =D= Ok, yes, it's definitely a variation on the same theme as Greivous, but I don't think the character would have had to be a carbon copy. I do really like the Inquisitor's personality and intelligence. It's a bit reminiscent of Thrawn.

In general, I just get impatient with the idea that it takes a Force wielder to defeat a Force wielder. In particular, I like the idea of an Inquisitor who could simulate Jedi skills without being a Jedi. That way, he would be able not only to hunt the Jedi, but also discredit their "religion" to the wider galaxy. I mean, Han's initial attitude to the Force must have come from somewhere.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Witwer is rumored to be in season 1 or 2 I forget.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I see what you mean and you also forgot about Cad Bane and Jango they both killed Jedi but not with lights sabers.

EntechednReformatted likes this.
  18. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    So who would the other Inquisitors might be? ideas?

Jerec (already was one in EU)
    Barriss Offee (been in imperial custody since before order 66)
    Starkiller (if background retconned and remade canon)
    Ahsoka maybe? (if Vader got a hold of her, but unlikely)

19. EntechednReformatted

EntechednReformatted Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2009

TCW did do a pretty good job of giving us some genuinely formidable bounty hunters and other plausible non-Force-using threats. It's one of the things I most appreciated about that series. After all, somebody had to have been keeping the Jedi on their toes for the thousand years the Sith were in hiding.

Just because Darth Freaking Vader could handle Han with little trouble on Bespin, don't underestimate just how dangerous a really good blasterslinger can be. I reckon there was a reason Boba Fett was hiding around a corner when Han walked into that room. :p

Trebor Sabreon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It makes me wonder if Boba has killed any jedi he probably has I am just saying.

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    He certainly does. Doesn't make sense for him to announce himslef as The Inquisitor if he's only one of several. Would be like someone calling themselves The Admiral !

The official site's description implies that there's only one: http://www.starwars.com/databank/the-inquisitor

They refer to him as the "Empire's Imperial Inquisitor". I think there's confusion where the showrunners refer to Inquisitors plural. I believe what they mean is there were several in the role over the course of the Dark Times, ie EpIII - EpIV. Makes sense since it's a highly dangerous job. The Emperor & Vader would send them on these high risk missions & probably wouldn't be too bothered about them getting killed.

But, if the article Iron Lord refers to clearly tells us there are many at the same time then that's different. To me though it makes more sense for there to be one who operates in the shadows. If there are many of them throughout the galaxy I think the position would be more famous & well known. In Rebels it seems that most have never heard of The Inquisitor & to many he's a myth. The more you Inquisitors you introduce the less likely it is for them to be so secretive.

Another option is that there were several Inquisitors back when the Purge was at it's height. Now 14 years after Order 66 when there are hardly any Jedi left the Empire may only need one.

22. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Maybe it's akin to the Emperor's Hand: each Inquisitor thinks they're the only one.

23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I'm not familiar with the Emperor's Hand, but suggesting there are different Inquisitor's running around & they're unaware of each other would be hard to accept. There would be no point in the Empire bothering with that kind of deception. Especially when they could easily cross paths with each other.

24. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Yeah and Dark Siders tend to be egotistical.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In the old EU, the Inquisitors were aware of each other. I'm assuming Filoni has kept this.