main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It could be just the inquistor but I don't think so.

2. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    I'm kind of hoping this guy dies in season 1. Not because I dislike him but specifically because I do like him quite a bit, he's intimidating and calculated and actually seems to be a legitimate dangerous. I really don't want him to go the way of Dooku and Grievous did in Clone Wars or how Sidious made Maul beg for mercy. Since it's pretty clear he is a great deal more powerful than Ezra or Kanan I'm hoping they manage to defeat him through trickery but in a way that kind of preserves his dignity.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I hope The Inquisitor fails to catch them, and Vader steps in and executes him for his failure.

It would be a cool scene :D

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I wouldn't mind the Inquisitor being around for awhile, and being the only one (or one of very few) of that 'class' (maybe there are other Force-using attack dogs, but with slightly different goals).

But Kallus needs to go. He should be the Ozzel of the show, and if Zeb doesn't get to off him, the Inquisitor should after a particularly aggravating failure... but preferably with his replacement's story already worked out.

As for Emperor's Hands, that could be interesting, but rather than them dispatched to deal with the Specters, it'd be nice if they were only tangentially involved... like, their actual mission led them to cross paths with Kallus, or his replacement, or the Inquisitor, and thru that they encountered the Specters maybe. No Mara, tho, if her age wasn't altered; she'd only be about 13 as of now in the show, and that might come across as silly.

But Lumiya? That could be something to see. Maybe they encounter her as Shira Brie, and since she's undercover she seems to befriend the Specters, maybe doesn't catch on that they're rebels at first, but perhaps senses something about Kanan and/or Ezra that causes her to keep her eye on 'em. EU fans would squee with delight over where it's going, but that's totally fine since many will still have no idea... then when the masked Hand known as Lumiya is introduced and it's later revealed she's Shira, it'd be a fun shock to unknowing viewers. The tricky part is I'd want them to not make it painfully obvious to those not in the know... that might require Shira or Lumiya being a recurring character for a few episodes, since even many kids would instantly assume Shira & Lumiya are the same if they both popped up as brand-new characters in the same 22-minute span.

Perhaps she becomes friendly enough with them that she lets them go at the end, but only (she says) because they weren't her mission. She could be a semi-sympathetic character, maybe one of those Children of the Force who was turned to the Emperor's service.

But back to old Inqi the Inquisitor, I hope he gets a name.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    They won't kill off The Inquisitor. Yet.

6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I believe they will keep him alive for a while, until Darth Vader show up.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it's debatable if Vader will show up, now. All the behind the scenes chat indicate the crew would never survive an encounter with Vader. If Dave intends the Lothal Rebels to live past ANH, then none of them will ever get close to Vader intervening.

8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    We haven't seen nearly enough of the inquisitor yet for him to be killed off. Also while I think it's likely there's several inquisitors I think they'll be constrained to novels and comics etc in order to keep rebels simple for the younger viewers

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I suspect we'll see another Inquisitor soon; since Ezra has his own blade, the Empire might send a pair of Inquisitor to tackle both Ezra and Kanan.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont think Ezra is there yet, not even Kanan is a match. Even together they'd have to be about equal to Jinn and Kenobi or Kenobi and Skywalker, right now they're both below Tano. The Inquisitor is trained and armed to take on more than one Jedi and is heavily supported by Stormtroopers no matter how useless they are heh.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Ezra raw potential (and abuse of the dark side) might be enough for him to survive the Inquisitor alone. But, it could result on him falling and be turned to serve the Empire.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The Inq is incredibly bland, repetitive (he parrots his own lines no less!) and ineffective. He's basically all posture, no show. How is it possible that a Padawan and a pre-Padawan can consistently evade him? Additionally, he is pure evil with no depth.

Unless he becomes more threatening or more fleshed out, I wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Luck. That's the answer to your question.

14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The same way that the OT cast kept eluding Darth Vader. A combination of cleverness and dumb luck. As for being "evil with no depth" no one complains about Sheev being that way. Even Vader was pretty much that way until the "reveal" at the end of ESB.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    "Apology accepted, Inquisitor."

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  16. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014
    Yeah, we haven't seen the inquisitor (outside of the vision in PATH OF THE JEDI) since the end of GATHERING FORCES. So it will be interesting to see if there have been any consequences for his failure.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I suspect he'll become more ruthless. A member of the crew, or someone close to them, might die.

18. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't see any of the crew dying this season, but someone close to them could die this season. The bartender and the inhabitants of Tarkin Town seem to be the likely first candidates for "enforcement" by the Imperials. The second or third seasons seem more likely for any of the crew to die, and would likely have a profound impact on the audience as we would have formed some profound attachment by that time. It was already mentioned by one poster in response to "Path of the Jedi" that his daughter was completely shocked by the vision of Kanan being run through by the Inquisitor. Imagine another season of development and that happening.

19. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I wonder who trained Inquisitor ? Vader ?

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Probably.

21. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    The start of "Spark of Rebellion" seemed to imply that the Inquisitor answers to Vader. The Inquisitor has also stated that his master would not pleased a couple of times too.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He's been so under used and most of his appearances are tame in comparison to either Grievous or Ventress. I dont think its likely they'd off him any time soon. His fighting style doesnt match Vader's or Anakin's, he seems like a cross between Opress and Dooku. Dooku who somehow managed to train Opress and Ventress in styles that did not follow the master, so no idea. Sidious' fighting style in the movies was nothing like Maul's either.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No, that's not it, at least not entirely. He spends too much time with running his mouth rather than killing. He should concentrate on what he is doing.

@ Thrawn082

Erm, I don't like Sheev all that much, for pretty much the same reason.

I agree that the OT-heroes were very lucky pretty often, but they still got dealt all kinds of rough hands by Vader. Obi-Wan was killed, Luke's friends were killed, R2 was damaged, Han was tortured and encased in carbonite, Luke got his hand cut off.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

They will eventually.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The pace of the show has been slow and appearances of the character are too few. Probably would've been interesting having a new main villain hunting them each season, but he seems to be their Colonel Decker from the A-Team.